BPL Community Profile

Serge G. (sgiachetti) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Boulder, CO
About Me I started backpacking as a teenager in southern appalachia. My summers in college were spent in mountain heaven, glacier national park. Since then, I've lived and played in the high sierras, the cascades, and now the colorado front range. Walking in the mountains with a light pack never seems to lose its charm. I recently picked up a bad habit called climbing.
CityBoulder
StateCO
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://sergegiachetti.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Serge G.

Showing 401 - 410 of 679 | Page: 1 ...32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ...68

Forum » Thread

rock guides
Last year I used light running shorts with 2.5 oz wind pants in the pack. Running shorts just feel fast. Wind pants came out for weather or to use as sleep pants in my quilt. Having those 4 oz MB v...

In GEAR » pants vs shorts vs convertibles
July 09, 1:43am

winter layering-lighter R1 hoody?
I must be bored as I've already started thinking about winter layering. Last year I wore a merino base w/ a driclime for skiing/ice climbing/hiking. This worked quite well, but I'm looking ...

In GEAR » winter layering-lighter R1 hoody?
July 07, 12:25am

OR + versalite
the cheap/easy solution would be to just ditch the rain paints. 11 oz is not bad for an event shell. Another option would be to buy an OR Helium II & those 4oz montbell rain paints. I dont ...

In GEAR » Lightweight rain gear recommendations
July 07, 12:08am

yes
these look good. i like the 110's but not quite enough rock protection for my already bruised foot & on my first trip tore the plastic on a blowdown. too bad because otherwise the plastic p...

In GEAR » anyone waiting for the NB MT1010 to come out?
July 05, 11:39pm

+1 onb blend
I agree with mike that the patagonia merino/synth blend is the way to go in warm weather. FWIW I wore a a couple pure merino T-shirts for three months strait in sumatra (on the equator) and it was ...

In GEAR » temperature above which you wouldn't hike in merino
July 05, 11:34pm

gone
windshirt has found a new owner. thanks for your interest.

In Gear Swap » OR Ion windshirt-XL- Free
July 04, 12:24pm

OR Ion windshirt-XL- Free
This is a great windshirt but is a bit too baggy on me now. Was rated highly on a bpl windshirt review a few years back. Its about 3.5 oz I'd like to give this to someone who doesn't yet h...

In Gear Swap » OR Ion windshirt-XL- Free
July 04, 1:39am

gg gorilla
the gg gorilla has great support and weighs a little less than a jam. I've tried on lot of packs and for me the gg was by far the most comfortable. No DIY frame necessary.

In GEAR » Gear Suggestions
July 03, 12:58pm

hex
Hi simon. I'm 6'1 and a hexamid twin tarp without a bivy has worked well for me through plenty of rain storms. I use a gossamer gear polycro groundsheet at about 1.5 oz and its also pretty ...

In GEAR » Tarptent Notch Vs Z Packs Hexamid Tent
July 03, 12:37pm

tarp
I didn't realize you could seperate the inner from the TT to make it a tarp. Not a bad option. I prefer not to use a bivy with my tarp. I dont think bivies offer up much functionality for th...

In GEAR » Money To Spend!
July 02, 1:07pm

All Reader Reviews by Serge G.

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Trail Designs Customer Service
Rand was really helpful on two stove purchases. Answered all questions almost immediately and helped get a sidewinder made for me at a moment's notice for a trip. Couldn't as for better custom...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
August 10, 3:44am

Gossamer Gear Gorilla
I'm very impressed with this pack. I tried out a few packs for a planned AT thru hike (didn't pan out yet), and this was far and a away my favorite. With the stay and sitpad, the pack conforms...

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 28, 1:59am

Gossamer Gear Gorilla
edit: double post

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 28, 1:56am