Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Serge Giachetti (sgiachetti) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Boulder, CO
About Me I started backpacking as a teenager in southern appalachia. My summers in college were spent in mountain heaven, glacier national park. Since then, I've lived and played in the high sierras, the cascades, and now the colorado front range. Walking into the mountains for a few days with a light pack never seems to lose its charm. Also a snapper of many photos. Check out my instagram for short visual trip reports and such.
CityBoulder
StateCO
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttps://instagram.com/sergegiachetti/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Serge Giachetti

Showing 401 - 410 of 777 | Page: 1 ...32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ...78

Forum » Thread

stoic
I agree that the wraith is what you're looking for. The lightest windshirts tend to be less breathable, but I think the wraith is an exception. Its also cut fairly slim, and its got a streamlin...

In GEAR » Hooded Windshirts
February 11, 7:38pm

bump

In Gear Swap » Rab Alpine Jacket (L, Red) $80
February 11, 6:19am

Rab Alpine Jacket (L, Red) $80
Worn skiing twice. Unique breathable/wicking windshirt. Perfect for spring BC skiing with a grid fleece base. Weighs 7oz. I got carried away with winter layering options this year, so now I'm s...

In Gear Swap » Rab Alpine Jacket (L, Red) $80
February 10, 4:58am

xtherm
i'd second the suggestion to get an xtherm if you aren't already invested. Its a simpler system then combining various pads and it allows you to bring less insulation during the warmer seas...

In GEAR » Do it all pad combo
February 09, 6:13am

Scarpa Sparks still available
gorilla and driclime sold/sent out.

In Gear Swap » Well loved gear: GG Gorilla (L), Ether DriClime (L), Scarpa Spark (11.5)
February 09, 2:03am

bump and price reduction
$40 shipped. Not UL, but its $40. Also zips open all the way, so could make a nice travel comforter.

In Gear Swap » Northface Synthetic sleeping bag, New, $45
February 09, 2:01am

Vapur Microfilter
http://www.outsideonline.com/outdoor-gear/food-and-drink/Eclipse.html I like the simplicity of this system, and it only weighs 2.7 oz total.

In GEAR » Vapur Microfilter
February 06, 11:32pm

not a bullet pack
Eric, I'm glad you found a cheap and durable pack. The MH pack is a lot different than a bullet pack.

In GEAR » Summit Rocket 20 Vest Pack
February 06, 12:22am

thanks
As a neoair user, I'm liking the idea of an MLd airframe burn. Thank you for putting in the time Hendrik. I bought you a coffee. Just make sure you're eating too!

In GEAR » New Gear from the Cottages 2013
February 06, 12:07am

Summit Rocket 20 Vest Pack
Mentioned in the OR thread. Just thought I'd point out that its now available. I have the 7L daypack version and the vest strap system gives quite good stability. Just wish they sold it in a s...

In GEAR » Summit Rocket 20 Vest Pack
February 05, 2:52am

All Reader Reviews by Serge Giachetti

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Trail Designs Customer Service
Rand was really helpful on two stove purchases. Answered all questions almost immediately and helped get a sidewinder made for me at a moment's notice for a trip. Couldn't as for better custom...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
August 10, 3:44am

Gossamer Gear Gorilla
I'm very impressed with this pack. I tried out a few packs for a planned AT thru hike (didn't pan out yet), and this was far and a away my favorite. With the stay and sitpad, the pack conforms...

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 28, 1:59am

Gossamer Gear Gorilla
edit: double post

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 28, 1:56am