Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Robert Perkins (rp3957) - BPL Guest

My Locale The Sierras
About Me I usually plan 2- 3 weekend trips in the Sierras a year and try to do one 'long' hike a year. I really like the Central part of the Sierras.
CitySparks
StateNevada
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Robert Perkins

Showing 401 - 410 of 484 | Page: 1 ...30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49

Forum » Thread

JMT Bag
A 30 degree bag will be just about right, unless you're a cold sleeper. I have used anywhere from a 20 degree Marmot Hydrogen to a 35 degree WM Highlight. The Highlight was too cold, and the Ma...

In GEAR » JMT Sleeping Bag
January 03, 9:27pm

go-lite poncho
If Joe doesn't take it, I will. PM'ed, just in case.

In Gear Swap » GoLite Poncho-Tarp
January 03, 2:38pm

JMT
I don't anticipate anyone I know being able to meet me at Kearsarge JCT, but that would be an ideal spot. I have used the MTR a couple of times and they are reliable and probably the better cho...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » 2011 JMT Hike
January 01, 9:12pm

JMT
Yes. I am currently looking at Reds Meadow and Muir Trail Ranch, but may look a little harder at using Vermillion Valley to replace both. There are pros and cons to both places, but I am open to ei...

January 01, 8:38pm

2011 JMT Hike
Planning a semi-fast pack of the JMT starting August 11th, 2011. Shooting to finish in 9 nights, but allowing for 10. I want to 'cap' group size to around four for permitting, site selectio...

January 01, 8:00pm

Pay It Foward
Got my Mountain Hardwear hat today!!! Great hat, thanks Adan! PM me with shipping costs when you get a chance. Thanks, Robert.

In Gear Swap » Pay it Forward: MH Windstopper Cap
December 23, 10:02pm

Pay It Foward
REI Ti Pot and Ducks Back shipped out to Oliver today. I think he has some Keens, ( size 13) listed, hopefully there is someone with a large foot out there that wants to Pay It Foward!! Somehow ...

December 20, 7:38pm

Pay It Foward
Adan, PM'ed on hat. I have a two-fer-one PIF, an REI TiWare Titanium kettle and and REI Ducks Back 80 liter pack cover with case. 1. The item offered below is free but you must pay shipp...

December 19, 8:38pm

GoLite Reeds
Joshua, as far as sizing goes on the Reeds. I also have a 34 - 35 in. waist, and just got a pair of Reeds, size large, and they are a perfect fit. For me, a medium would be too small. Hope that hel...

In Gear Swap » WTB Men's Golite Reed Pants
December 16, 10:45pm

Bearikade
Bradford, Good luck getting anyone to part with their Bearikades. I have had mine for 6 years now and paid a fortune for the thing, but it has been worth every penny! I don't know if you are aw...

In Gear Swap » WTB Bearikade Scout, Weekender, or BearVault 450
December 14, 10:24pm

All Reader Reviews by Robert Perkins

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Zimmerbuilt Half-Dome, modified
I have owned many packs with some features I liked and dis-liked on each one, so I decided to give the custom order pack method a shot. After a less than pleasant experience with Kooka bay, I went int...

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 24, 9:53pm

Osprey Talon 44
I picked up this pack with my REI dividend and have been taking it for a lot of 'test-runs' in the hills and have come to really love it's fit. I have switched between trying out a SMD Swi...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
April 24, 11:23pm

Six Moons Designs 2011 Swift
I have had a chance to do a quick test run of my new Swift pack with pocket hipbelt, and no stays. I am really impressed with how this pack rides! I loaded it up with about 20 pounds and took it for a...

In Backpacks - Frameless
February 09, 8:15pm

KookaBay air mattress
Edit - If I could, I would do two seperate ratings here. The pad would rate a 4, but customer sevice and response time would be a 1. I'll give it an average of 2.5. I got the pad and overall it...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
February 05, 1:12pm

MSR Mountain Safety Research HyperFlow microfilter
At first I just loved this filter, it had all of the qualities of a good filter; fast pumping, compact, and light. I used it in the Sierra's, in clear water, following the backflushing instruction...

In Hydration - Water Treatment
October 26, 10:32pm