BPL Community Profile

Kathleen B (rosierabbit) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Kathleen B has not added a biography yet.
CityStevens Pass
StateWashington

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Kathleen B

Showing 401 - 410 of 544 | Page: 1 ...32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ...55

Forum » Thread

Sarah's Tater Tuesday
Laurie - I've got her figured out. She posts on her own freezerbagcooking.com website first. I checked there last night, and sure enough!

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Did I miss Tater Tuesday?
January 16, 2:13pm

Golite Reeds on sale at Prolitegear
I made it clear to January 16 before buying any gear! I was hoping for March or April. The Reeds are $55.95. I don't know which year's model they are. Prolite seems to have a lot of...

In Gear Deals » Golite Reeds on sale at Prolitegear
January 16, 1:55pm

ULA-Equipment
Ditto Jeff's recommendation. I use a Relay for day trips and a Circuit for multi-day trips. They are excellent packs.

In GEAR » PCT pack choice
January 15, 3:58pm

Peak v. ID eVENT
Well, that was interesting. My Peak, size small, weighs 10.6 oz. The ID eVENT, size medium, weighs 9 oz. I stacked them on top of each other, matching seam to seam, and the size small Peak's...

In GEAR » Wet rain jacket
January 14, 8:39pm

Re: Better rain jacket or better shirt?
Great questions, Mark! My opinion is more subjective than scientific, but here are some answers. I always used the Precip and Peak with the pitzips open. I never closed them. In fact, no pitz...

January 14, 5:04pm

Better rain jacket or better shirt?
Donna - I'd wondered the same thing about a l/s or s/s shirt. But after testing various combinations since last spring, the Precip just doesn't cut it for me for breathability and waterpro...

January 14, 1:25pm

fruit cake v. Logan bread
Duane - I've altered the original Logan bar recipe, too, and have packed in more fruit and nuts and less liquid to begin with so it doesn't need so much baking and drying time. I haven'...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Who has the fruitcake this year?
January 14, 1:07pm

Successful rainjacket report
I thought I'd dredge up this old thread that I started a year ago when I was new to BPL to report on the great success I've had with my new arrangement. Especially since there's anothe...

January 13, 10:52am

Who has the fruitcake this year?
Although Dave Barry is convinced there's only one fruitcake, and it gets passed on to someone else each year, I make some each year from a very easy recipe I got when I was living in Norway dur...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Who has the fruitcake this year?
January 13, 10:26am

Winter Gear Show
Here's the link to the website about it: http://www.outdoorretailer.com/or/1583/index.jsp

In GEAR » Outdoor Retailer Winter Market 2008
January 11, 1:44pm

All Reader Reviews by Kathleen B

Showing 1 - 8 of 8 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Botach Tactical Customer Service
I had a similar experience to David's. They sent the inferior space blankets, rather than the correct order, took forever to send a return UPS shipping label, and only yesterday admitted to recei...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
January 07, 5:35pm

Boomer's Guide to Lightweight Backpacking by Carol Corbridge
I was very disappointed in this book. Luckily, I didn't buy it but had checked it out from the library. For starters, the book is in major need of copy editing. There are lots of awkward sent...

In Books and Media
May 28, 2:04pm

Backpacking Light Merino UL Pants
These do everything BPL promised - provide comfortable warmth without being bulky. I've worn them under non-winter hiking pants all winter, and they've extended the comfort range down to 7 de...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
March 25, 10:55am

Hikelight.com Company
I just discovered this website that is based in Oregon. It seems to be a distributor of some of our favorite brands - SixMoonDesigns, Tarptent, Montbell, GraniteGear, and Western Mountaineering. No ...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
August 22, 9:39am

HarmonyHouseFoods.com vegetables and beans
I just received my second order of dehydrated food from Harmony House. First I bought the vegetable pantry stuffer - 16 different quart-sized containers of various dehydrated vegetables, and then a we...

In Foods - Prepackaged Meals & Side Dishes
July 25, 9:08pm

Golite Paradox pants
I'm not sure whether to review these in raingear or softshell clothing, because they're both. They are all-day pants, rather than rain pants to pull on over hiking pants and are made of a fab...

In Clothing - Raingear
July 10, 1:11pm

Sealskinz gloves
I had the same experience as Brett. My non-waterproof gloves absorbed less water than these.

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
July 10, 12:51pm

ULA Circuit
This pack was on backorder, but it came sooner than Brian said it would. I gave it a 2-day test this last weekend on a short backpacking trip in the Cascades. I was pleased that it was as comfortabl...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
March 06, 1:29pm