BPL Community Profile

obx hiker (obxcola) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Outer Banks of North Carolina
About Me 60: Wide but relatively shallow experience. That's my older daughter and "baby" brother in the photo
at Gragg Prong , Wilson Creek.
CityNags Head
StateNorth Carolina
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.obxcola.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by obx hiker

Showing 401 - 410 of 417 | Page: 1 ...23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

Forum » Thread

Cuben Fiber Down Air Pad
See; more business already!. Just to be clear on this I'm willing to sacrifice my D.A.M. to provide you with a pattern. It is likely Lynn's might be a different size ( there were 4 size...

In Gear Deals » Cuben Fiber Down Air Pad
September 30, 6:04pm

Tyvek Gaiters
OK here's the first "test" report. I walked a 4+ mile trail in Nags Head Woods I've walked a few hundred times ( options here are slim but if you have to live with one trail th...

In GEAR » Tyvek jacket?
September 30, 5:31pm

Tyvek Gaiters
I haven't tried them yet. I'll post when I can. I guess the current temps here on the OBX are pretty comparable to summer time mountain temps. Maybe I'll wear one and leave the other of...

In GEAR » Tyvek jacket?
September 30, 2:31pm

Salomon XA Pro 3D
I'm on my 5th pair in 8 or nine years. I wear 'em a year or so and get a new pair. Save the older ones for street walks ( gotta get that exercise one way or the other! ). Lots of miles in t...

In GEAR » Salomon XA Comp vs. Salomon XA Pro 3D
September 30, 1:55pm

Cuben Fiber Down Air Pad
Huzefa, You may also have quite a market replacing Stephenson-Warmlite D.A.M. down air mattresses. I have been on the verge of retiring my warmlite bag due to the very heavy weight of the D.A...

In Gear Deals » Cuben Fiber Down Air Pad
September 30, 1:31pm

Re: Tyvek jacket?
The protective clothing website has some interesting products. I ordered about a dozen pairs of the protective tyvec boots. They cost @.69 a pair....biggest expense was the shipping. I want to expe...

In GEAR » Tyvek jacket?
September 28, 9:05pm

Stream crossing photo
Was that some version of a rain-kilt in the photo labelled "Negotiating a water-covered trail" ?

In Editor's Roundtable » Ultralight Backpacking in Peru’s Cordillera Blanca
September 10, 1:19pm

hiking stick
You've got it Dave! Just one cautionary note. Wood moves. It expands/contracts, twists and turns. Glue the conduit joints!

In Make Your Own Gear » Ideas for constructing a collapsible walking -stick-?
March 16, 10:33am

Material
I have a related question I have an old bivy sack from Stephenson Warmlite which is made from totally coated ripstop and therefore doesn't breath. The thing comes in two zippered sections. I was...

In Make Your Own Gear » 0.8 oz vs 1.1 oz ripstop nylon for quilt?
March 11, 9:40am

walking stick joint
Well the hike I described is about as steep and rocky as it gets. The conduit is dirt cheap, very light and pretty strong. Actually stronger depending on the strength and seasoning of the wood than...

In Make Your Own Gear » Ideas for constructing a collapsible walking -stick-?
March 11, 9:08am

All Reader Reviews by obx hiker

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

BPL Blow-Up Pillow
Used the dual chamber for @ 5 years. Don't want to get it too full but that's easy to adjust. Can be a little tricky to get fully de-flated for packing. Persistence! Cover it with your tee-shi...

In Miscellaneous Products
September 30, 8:19pm

Montbell Thermawrap jacket
William Siemens has it right about wind-resistance being a key. This jacket is wonderfully wind resistant. The Northern Outer Banks of NC can be an incredibly cold place due to the combination of wind...

In Clothing - Insulating - Synthetic (Polarguard, Primaloft, etc.)
February 25, 4:32pm