BPL Community Profile

Michael Cheifetz (mike_hefetz) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Israel
About Me Michael Cheifetz has not added a biography yet.
CityTA
CountryIsrael

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Michael Cheifetz

Showing 401 - 410 of 417 | Page: 1 ...23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

Forum » Thread

UL Tarp poles
I'm looking for good solutions to poles for a small tarp, and since i am not using trekking poles i would need some UL ones. Alas the tradeoff is tough... I got the gossgear squall pole (14$ 50...

In GEAR » UL Tarp poles
December 24, 1:03pm

Noise
god - i wrote such a long post but didint get this in. As far as i can tell its noisier...but maybe thats not really it. I would say its more disturbing! Example - last night i wake up to this fl...

In GEAR » Considering the switch to tarp/bivy
December 24, 11:07am

Re: Micro tarp strategy
Dirk, Well as i said i am new to tarping and biving - have used tents up to this point for years (i currently use a TN Laser which is great). I actually slept just last night with the micro tarp ...

December 24, 10:58am

a different perspective..maybe
Dirk, Like you i am quite new to tarping+bivy....but I took a slightly different approach (DISCLAIMER - I assume 3 season weather and not the sort of bigwall/alpine winter bivouac): I want a fool...

December 23, 1:14pm

great custom work
Brian, I second the opinions above - Tom does very good work and the really good part is the customization - so indeed you should think and consult before you go into a project. Example - persona...

In GEAR » Nunatak Bags
December 17, 4:25pm

Take a close look at Terra Nova
Shane, i feel ya! Many of the guys here do tarps, tarptents, bivitarps or bivitarptents with anything betweeen 1-0.4 walls;) Sometimes you just want to be in a double wall tent - and thats that! ...

In GEAR » New ultralight 1 person tents for 2009?
December 16, 12:12am

converting down loft to synthetic loft - how does that work?
I am trying to get to grips with understanding how to guage various insulating materials temp ratings. Of course when the body is working that can be a real issue but i am more concerned about rest...

In GEAR » converting down lof to synthetic loft
December 15, 5:19pm

Food for thought..
Thanks guys! indeed there are quite a few options here. I have also noticed the 3/4 quilts....hmmm (btw nice photo steve- looks real cozy - but thats like a $700 right there!) And i also think i&...

In GEAR » Synthetic Jacket for sleep with Half bag??
December 13, 1:37pm

but how do i figure out the warmth??
Indeed there are many ways to go about this. My main concern with top bag or quilt alone is that some people say it takes more care to control drafts and you cannot sit in them - cause you either h...

December 13, 1:23am

Alpkit
i emalied them...wait and see. Any other value options? (the good stuff from Nunatak is just quite expensive for my limited use of this specific system...i Do have a custom Alpinist which i like al...

December 12, 6:42am

All Reader Reviews by Michael Cheifetz

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

MLD XP Quilt 21 0z. Climashield
I have older 2009 XP model (as opposed to the Spirit) with 2.5 Osy Climashield. This would correspond to the 48F model he has. I have the wide model + eVent strip at head and footbox. Carftsmenship...

In Sleeping Bags - Quilts & Top Bags
December 20, 8:49am

MLD XP Quilt 21 0z. Climashield
I have older 2009 XP model (as opposed to the Spirit) with 2.5 Osy Climashield. This would correspond to the 48F model he has. I have the wide model + eVent strip at head and footbox. Carftsmenship...

In Sleeping Bags - Quilts & Top Bags
December 20, 8:06am

Ronald Turnbull The Book of the Bivvy. Cicerone: UK 2nd. ed. 2007
Jeremy above is right in many ways - it is indeed more of a quirky idiosyncratic book that mixes poetry, psychology and anecdotal facts about bivy and the scottish highlands. In that light it could sc...

In Books and Media
January 02, 5:50am