Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

John Whynot (jdw01776) - BPL Guest

My Locale Southeast Texas
About Me Hiking and backpacking (on and off) since 1976, mainly in the northeastern United States.
CityHouston
StateTX
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John Whynot

Showing 401 - 410 of 557 | Page: 1 ...32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ...56

Forum » Thread

Re: Sierra Prime: Off Trail in California's High Country
Wow -- what an inspiration. Great trip, and great report...

In Editor's Roundtable » Sierra Prime: Off Trail in California's High Country
January 19, 6:32pm

Re: Re: Bear Vault
Yellow-Yellow, in the Adirondacks, was defeating properly closed Bear Vault 500s this summer. I believe there will be another redesign for next summer...

In GEAR » Ursack Update
January 19, 6:27pm

Re: Replacing zipper pulls with accesorry cord?
I'll admit to doing this, but only because it makes it easier to manipulate zipper pulls with cold or wet fingers. I use the outer sheath of Kelty triptease...

In GEAR » Replacing zipper pulls with accesorry cord?
January 19, 6:08pm

Re: Step Mill
The gym I go to has those -- I'll have to try it. It looks like it would be similar to running bleachers, without having to change directions...

In Philosophy & Technique » How and where do you train for the trail?
January 16, 6:27pm

Re: How and where do you train for the trail?
I've done the walk/run through the subdivision, but I've switched my workout to the gym -- treadmill, elliptical, and bike. I'm also doing other exercises -- lunges, hip flexors, crunch...

In Philosophy & Technique » How and where do you train for the trail?
January 16, 2:49pm

Re: UL and MYOG
Ray Jardine was a successful engineer and innovator before he started developing his ultralight backpacking techniques and equipment. He's still making his own equipment, and encouraging others...

In Philosophy & Technique » UL and MYOG
January 14, 9:00pm

FS -- Outdoor Research mosquito headnet
SOLD -- Outdoor Research mosquito headnet -- In very good condition (carried in pack, but never worn), has elastic cord that goes under arms to hold in place. This is not the version with metal rin...

In Gear Swap » FS -- Outdoor Research mosquito headnet
January 09, 7:39am

Re: Re: Ziplock bag for cameras?
I agree with Rick, I don't see how keeping a dry camera in a waterproof bag when it's raining can be harmful. I keep may camera in a hipbelt pocket -- when it's raining the camera go...

In Photography » Ziplock bag for cameras?
January 08, 7:08pm

Samsung NX10
The new Samsung NX10 looks intriguing. Dpreview has a preview.

In Photography » Samsung NX10
January 05, 7:52pm

Re: Natick Labs R & D recommended no wool layers
The 7 level PCU developed for USSOCOM also has no wool in it...

In GEAR » Natick Labs R & D recommended no wool layers
January 04, 8:17pm

All Reader Reviews by John Whynot

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

StickPic camera mount
A clever, well-engineered, and lightweight (0.35 ounces by my scale) gadget for mounting a camera on the tip of a trekking pole. Should work with any compact camera with a tripod socket. Works ver...

In Photography - Hiking & Backpacking Cameras
June 16, 10:55am

BPL Thorofare Trekking Pants
I purchased these as a replacement for my overbuilt Montbell Stretch Windpants. The fabric of the Trekking pants is a microgrid ripstop nylon, with a slightly textured inner surface. Size medium...

In Clothing - Raingear
December 07, 8:31pm