BPL Community Profile

Kenneth Jacobs (f8less) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Midwest
About Me "There is something to a hard days work being rewarded with the same thing that posed the challenge."
CityDes Plaines
StateIL
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListLuxurious 19.65lbs Base Pack Weight

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Kenneth Jacobs

Showing 401 - 410 of 583 | Page: 1 ...32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ...59

Forum » Thread

Lightweight shoes for JMT & 35lbs max pack weight?
I'm looking for suggestions for lightweight shoes for the JMT & a max pack weight of 35lbs. for the last stretch. Will want something non-waterproof that can accommodate my wider toe-box n...

In GEAR » Lightweight shoes for JMT & 35lbs max pack weight?
November 09, 3:15pm

Exchange
Working with Mont-bell directly (as EMS no longer has the size and color in stock) to get a replacement. Both Mont-bell and EMS have been very helpful in resolution options thus far. Hoping the r...

In GEAR » Underfilled Arms Mont-Bell Alpine Light Down Paraka?
November 09, 8:49am

Bubble?
Anyone that purchased or owns one of these have it arrive with a tiny bubble in the dial? Wondering if this is normal for these to have a tiny bubble. KJ

In Gear Deals » Brunton Trooper UL Sighting Compass: $14 before discounts
November 09, 8:30am

WTB: Gossamer Gear The One
Looking to find out who might have a "last released version" (2010? ...or even the 2009) Gossamer Gear The One for sale? Show me whatcha got! :O) -KJ

In Gear Swap » WTB: Gossamer Gear The One
November 09, 8:27am

Underfilled Arms In Mont-Bell Alpine Light Down Paraka?
I'm wondering if this is the norm with the Alpine Light Down Paraka I just ordered or if I have a severely under filled jacket. The arms, the last two segments in particular, appear to have vi...

In GEAR » Underfilled Arms Mont-Bell Alpine Light Down Paraka?
November 09, 8:06am

Somehow I doubt...
Somehow I doubt Japan would be shipping anything radioactive out of the country. ...plus I think the you'd need to still be worried about the A-bomb if that were the case. Got a geiger coun...

In GEAR » Just bought Evernew.9 liter pot
October 17, 2:44pm

Re: Indicators
Gary Thank you for your feedback. Are you saying that neither of the 32*F and 23*F markers were green when the temp was 29*F? If so, this makes sense because of the wide gap in temps measur...

In Gear Deals » SuperUltralight Temperature Indicators for Outdoor and Body Temperature/Fever Indication
October 16, 12:52pm

Food Bottles
I use these little food bottles found at my local Mitsuwa Asian market. I believe they're for things like mayo and such in Japanese lunch/bento boxes. Not sure how anyone would fill these nor...

In GEAR » How do you store cream medication on the trail
October 16, 12:36pm

:O(
I will not be able to make it out to the GGG this year, but look forward to getting to meet some of you next year. Sounds like it will be a great time. Hope everyone has a blast. KJ

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Midwest GGG this fall
October 16, 10:23am

Indicator Users
Jamey Glad you're happy with the kit. How do you/have you chosen to use apply/use your indicators? Everyone else that bought a kit, what do you think of it? Was it what you expected it ...

In Gear Deals » SuperUltralight Temperature Indicators for Outdoor and Body Temperature/Fever Indication
October 16, 10:19am

All Reader Reviews by Kenneth Jacobs

Kenneth Jacobs has posted no reviews.