Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Eric Noble (ericnoble) - BPL Professional Member

My Locale Colorado Rockies
About Me I'm 45 years old, 6'4" and 195 lbs. I've backpacked in the Colorado Rockies, the Wasatch and Uinta mountains, and in Zions National Park. I mountain bike in the Colorado Rockies. I've kayaked in Yellowstone and on Flaming Gorge, and rafted the Green, Colorado and Snake rivers. My trips are usually a week long or less. I love to hike wherever I can. I'm an Assistant Scout Master and I'm often out with the Scouts. My immediate goal is to thru-hike the Colorado trail. I've lived in Utah, Ohio, Illinois, Argentina, California, and Colorado.
CityAurora
StateColorado
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Eric Noble

Showing 401 - 410 of 490 | Page: 1 ...30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: 1lb Survival/First Aid kit for scrutiny
I also carry the matches and trick candles, and Esbit tabs. I use a permanent match instead of a lighter. A Spark-Lite is used to light all of my stoves (Esbit, alcohol, and propane). I also carry ...

In Gear Lists » 1lb Survival/First Aid kit for scrutiny
June 22, 3:21pm

Re: Steel vs Cu
Thanks Summit, I hadn't realized that the Laerdal barrier was so small and light. I will have to add it to my kit.

June 22, 2:52pm

TV, Internet trump the great outdoors
I thought others might find this link interesting, though a little disheartening. TV, Internet trump the great outdoors. It's a CNET article about a Nature Conservancy study.

In Chaff » TV, Internet trump the great outdoors
June 22, 12:45pm

Re: 1lb Survival/First Aid kit for scrutiny
I haven't tried this but, on the Adventure Medical Kits site under Weiss Advice they tell how to make a one way mouth to mouth breathing barrier out of an exam glove. This might save you from havin...

June 22, 11:26am

Re: snare wire
I made a key ring out of 12 feet of stainless steel snare wire. That way I always have it with me. My key fob is made of 10 feet of nylon cord. My keys and a Photon light attach to the key ring wit...

June 22, 11:00am

Re: groceries for ten days in the Pasayten
Love the picture but, I'm having a hard time making out what food you're taking. Could you make a list? Nothing fancy. No need to break it out by meal, etc.

In Photo Gallery » groceries for ten days in the Pasayten
June 21, 2:28pm

Re: Re: Chocolate and backpacking?
Sorry David, I forgot that you are vegan. I could be wrong but, I don't think that instant chocolate pudding has milk in it. It is largely starch as I recall. However, the directions do say to add ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Chocolate and backpacking?
June 16, 5:12pm

Re: Chocolate and backpacking?
For the chocolate fix there is Nutella in a Coghlan's squeeze tube. Instant chocolate pudding is also great. Mrs. May's or MarebluNaturals Cashew Crunch are both really good.

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Chocolate and backpacking?
June 16, 2:41pm

Re: Love at first sight
The Hennessy Hammock Explorer Ultralight A-Sym. There are lighter hammocks, but at 6' 4" and 210 lbs this one works for me. The comfort is hard to beat. The Montbell Handy Scoop. This is great ...

In GEAR » Love at first sight
June 13, 11:57am

Re: OP Sac Test Request - Please
Following Paul's well done test with anecdotal evidence seem wrong but, here goes... I keep my pack packed with three days of food just in case. I am testing some gear so the pack is open and on th...

In GEAR » OP sacks on close-out.
June 08, 10:39am

All Reader Reviews by Eric Noble

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Ibex 17.5 Polo
DESCRIPTION: For when a T-shirt is simply not enough of a statement, we offer class...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
April 22, 12:10pm

Ibex Climawool Glove
Here's the slightly edited description and specs from the Ibex web site. ...

In Clothing - Headwear, Handwear
March 22, 10:00am

Ibex Hooded Shak
This is the perfect base layer for downhill skiing. The versatility of a hoody with thumb sleeves is unmatched. Hooded Shak

February 08, 10:36am

Thru-Hiker.com
I ordered a 5.5" x 7.5" sheet of 0.016 inch 6Al4V titanium from Thru-Hiker. This is a custom size not shown on the website. Talking with Ayce was a pleasure and quite helpful in completing my project....

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 01, 8:52am

Smartwool Shadow Hoody
The Smartwool Shadow hoody is essentially a Smartwool Zip-T with a hood and cuff thumb holes. The fabric weight of the two garments is the same, 195g. My size large weighs 12.7 ounces on my scale. As ...

November 02, 6:24pm