BPL Community Profile

Kevin Beeden (captain_paranoia) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale UK
About Me Kevin Beeden has not added a biography yet.
CountryUK

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Kevin Beeden

Showing 401 - 410 of 433 | Page: 1 ...25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44

Forum » Thread

clone template generator
Matthew, you might like to have a look at this thread. I've created a template generator that plots the frustum, joint, handle opening, vent holes and offers a Fissure-type option. Send me ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Cone designer for alcohol stoves.
August 04, 10:54am

standoff spacer
> Perhaps you could just run the spring around the circumference of the pot, inside the windscreen... that would hold the screen slightly away from the side of the pot, but still hold good tensi...

In Make Your Own Gear » Try to Fixed the Wind Shield
July 06, 10:23am

hot gas flow required?
The spring is a nice idea to hold the windshield against the pan, but I think you should add a spacer to hold the windshield away from the pan. This will allow the flame to rise up the side of the...

In Make Your Own Gear » Try to Fixed the Wind Shield
July 03, 10:39am

a case of congruent design...
> Kevin, I found what worked best was to form the vanes into the chimney itself. This has the advantage of increasing the surface area in contact with the water. LOL! I obviously didn't m...

In Make Your Own Gear » Ultralight Kelly / Storm / Volcano Kettle
June 30, 10:22am

rivets for heat exchange
I like the use of the rivets to add a heat exhcanger function to the base of the pan. At least that's what I think it is...

In Make Your Own Gear » Hand made Jet Gas Stove (SOLO JET)
June 26, 10:13am

congrats, BTW...
> Sorry for shouting, but after 2 years, four lathes, and more money than I care to think about LOL! Looks great, though. Fantastic dedication. I stick to beer cans, craft knife, Bic pen...

June 26, 9:42am

Beer can kelly
I've been playing with making a modified Kelly kettle out of beer cans. I wondered about adding a heat exchanger to the chimney to encourage heat transfer, and ended up using the side wall o...

June 26, 9:38am

some confusion?
> Alcohol stoves are much lighter than pressure stoves, but the fuel has a lower calorific value I supect Dennis is asking only about alcohol stoves - chimney (e.g. Cat stove, or the one s...

In Make Your Own Gear » chimney vs. pressure alcohol stoves
June 22, 12:57pm

secondary air
Ah, I see what you're after. I'd thought of extending the testbed stove to add variable inlets for primary and secondary air; an obvious extension of the idea. Hours of endless fun with...

In Make Your Own Gear » Squeezbox Stove
June 16, 6:15am

variable air intakes etc.
> A set of small upper holes with a collar to slide over them to vary the amount of air intake is part of my next design, Roger, wouldn't variable air intakes at the base of the stove be ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Squeezbox Stove
June 15, 12:25pm

All Reader Reviews by Kevin Beeden

Kevin Beeden has posted no reviews.