Jul - Dolly Sods - weekender - 18
Aug - AT in PA with a friend - 16 miles
Sept - AT Rt40 - Raven Rock overnighter - 28 miles

2013 trips:

Aug - Dolly Sods - weekender with friend - 12 miles
CityPhiladelphia
StatePA
My Website URLhttp://asciibaron.dyndns.org

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Steven Hanlon

Showing 401 - 410 of 410 | Page: 1 ...22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41

Forum » Thread

taking the kids
my son is about to turn 5 and wants to go out with dad on a trip. any ideas on a pack that he could use for a few years? he just need to carry his sleeping bag and pad, some clothes, and snacks. ...

In GEAR » Baby Rainbow
April 21, 8:21am

not quite ultralight
my first backpacking experience was an eye opener, and a back breaker. it was the summer of 1983 and i was in Boy Scouts doing the C&O Canal. my pack must have weighed 30 pounds - just a sleepi...

In Philosophy & Technique » When Did You Begin UL?
April 19, 10:27am

pack weight
using 7 stakes (not the full 11) it weighs just under 50 ounces. for me, it's worth the weight to be able to have some room. great venting and enough head room for me. this weekend will be the...

In Gear Deals » Big Agnes Sarvis 1 and 2 eVENT
April 19, 9:48am

interesting...
their website shows some interesting multi-use ideas - like using it to make coffee. when i drink coffee, i use the single serve pouches. if i want some weirdo coffee (ie, not maxwell house) then...

In GEAR » Does anyone ORIKASO?
April 17, 2:02pm

psuedo-floro LED lamp
i have the same LED lamp as Dale - even came with the batteries for under $5.00 a few years ago. it's heavy, but i use it with my son - it has a flip stand that allows it to stand upright and with...

In GEAR » $5 1.5 oz. Energizer LED Headlamp @ Walmart
April 17, 1:51pm

Sarvis SL eVENT tents
when i bought my Sarvis SL1 two weeks ago, they had about 100 of them left. they had to discontinue the eVENT line because the fabric's manufacturer no longer is allowing eVENT to be used in tent ...

In Gear Deals » Big Agnes Sarvis 1 and 2 eVENT
April 05, 6:27am

$$$
i don't have much money to spend right now. i have a ton of heavy gear to dump on eBay that i hope to use to buy a light pack and bag. anyone want my old pack? only weighs 106.80 ounces :) ...

In Gear Lists » 3 season 5 day setup
March 27, 7:21pm

Re: Re: 3 season 5 day setup
the pad stays - if you want my old evazote RidgeRest, you can have it - my bones are much happier in the morning now. the Aether 75 will be for winter trips once i find something i like to repla...

March 27, 4:15pm

3 season 5 day setup
here is my slightly heavy 3 season, 5 day base pack weight. i can not go 5 days in the same clothes. i just can't do it. i could save weight by leaving the fleece at home and switch to Klearwate...

March 27, 7:50am

scale
i went on the hunt for a scale armed with my 20% off coupon at Bed Bath and Beyond and came home with this: Salter 9v battery powered scale - 11 lbs capacity. http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com...

In Gear Deals » $7.00 digital scales on Sale
March 27, 6:42am

All Reader Reviews by Steven Hanlon

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Marmot Precip Jacket Mens
i picked up my Marmot Precip in 2005 from REI for $42.83 - i figured i couldn't go wrong at that price. if it didn't work well for backpacking, i could wear it as a casual jacket. it has b...

In Clothing - Raingear
November 11, 8:13am

McHale 0-Sarc UL
I have the SARC Chasm version and would recommend this pack to anyone who has suffered with ill fitting mass produced packs. It's a tad on the heavy side, but for me, that's not a problem sin...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
April 27, 5:34pm