Sept - AT Rt40 - Raven Rock overnighter - 28 miles

2013 trips:

Aug - Dolly Sods - weekender with friend - 12 miles
Dec - AT - overnighter from Rt 30 to Birch Run - 17 miles
CityPhiladelphia
StatePA
My Website URLhttp://asciibaron.hopto.org
My PDF Gear ListShoulder Season Tent and Tarp

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Steven Hanlon

Showing 401 - 410 of 426 | Page: 1 ...24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

Forum » Thread

kharma
i had a hardy laugh at your misfortune. well, kharma has bit me in the backside - my wife left a message yesterday morning on my cellphone informing me that the upstairs toilet overflowed and floo...

In Philosophy & Technique » So everytime I go on a solo trip...
October 10, 1:04pm

packing a sleeping bag
the forecast for an upcoming trip is telling me it's time for the 3 season down bag. it's a Marmot Sawtooth and weighs an unmodest 3 pounds. previously i got burned by not having it in a waterpro...

In Philosophy & Technique » packing a sleeping bag
October 06, 8:30pm

Re: Neato...
that is really cool - reminds me of an old coleman propane camp stove we used in Boy Scouts back in the late 70's early 80's. keeping the flame enclosed should really reduce the amount of fuel ...

In GEAR » Neato...
August 04, 8:39am

Re: Re: What is winehiking?
i think i was either with David and didn't know it or had a parallel conversation around a fire drinking the 2 buck chunk and coming to the same conclusion. who needs a water filter when you hav...

In On the Web » What is winehiking?
July 27, 9:12am

Klear Water??
i went with the Klear Water because it requires me to not think. fill up 2 quarts, put a capful in the water, shake, and then wait 20 minutes. i would screw up something more complex. i just...

In GEAR » Aqua Mira Warning
July 26, 9:58am

wool or synthetic?
not sur what to make of the results. it appears that the increased cost of a wool base layer yields a garment that does not offend the olfactories. i thought there was going to be a slam dunk...

In Editor's Roundtable » Comfort and Moisture Transport in Lightweight Wool and Synthetic Base Layers
July 26, 6:42am

whoa.
i read this entire thread and feel like i've carried a 50 pound pack up Mt. Whitney. is there a lightweight way to read these threads ;) -Steve

In GEAR » Mystery Ranch Backpacks equals Dana Design quality?
July 24, 1:27pm

safety and UL
for a recent 3 days of solid backpacking, my pack weighed in at (drum roll please) 24lbs total - food, water, shelter, jet pack, and laser gun. i had some things i never needed but lugged around...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Expert Answers How Safe is Ultralight Hiking?
July 20, 2:19pm

out of stock?! why me...
whenever i'm ready to buy something from the BPL gearshop, they are out of stock. i tried to buy some Klear Water yesterday, but the electricity went out for a few hours. today i check and it's o...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » why me...
July 19, 7:46pm

when?
sweet picture. my mother took us all over the place hiking. my poor dad got to play pack mule once the 4 kids were finished carrying whatever crap me just had to bring along. good memories o...

In Philosophy & Technique » When Did You Begin UL?
July 19, 6:32pm

All Reader Reviews by Steven Hanlon

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Marmot Precip Jacket Mens
i picked up my Marmot Precip in 2005 from REI for $42.83 - i figured i couldn't go wrong at that price. if it didn't work well for backpacking, i could wear it as a casual jacket. it has b...

In Clothing - Raingear
November 11, 8:13am

McHale 0-Sarc UL
I have the SARC Chasm version and would recommend this pack to anyone who has suffered with ill fitting mass produced packs. It's a tad on the heavy side, but for me, that's not a problem sin...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
April 27, 5:34pm