BPL Community Profile

Paul Magnanti (PaulMags) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale People's Republic of Boulder
About Me I like to hike, backpack, camp and backcountry ski every so often...
CityBoulder
StateCO
My Website URLhttp://www.pmags.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Paul Magnanti

Showing 401 - 410 of 896 | Page: 1 ...32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ...90

Forum » Thread

The Trails Show #14 - The Lone Star Trail and the Metacomet-Monadnock Trail
Today we bring you Episode #14 from the back deck at DiLorenzo Studios! On this month's episode we discuss a wide array of recent backcountry trips, D-low's car camping epiphany, the Noodle...

In On the Web » The Trails Show #14 - The Lone Star Trail and the Metacomet-Monadnock Trail
July 15, 12:28pm

stoves
I was on my soapbox in a previous thread, so I'll keep it short. if there is a question of the legality of a stove, is it really such a big deal to take a canister stove (or go stoveless)? ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Alcohol stoves and fire restriction in Sequia and Kings Canyon National Parks
July 13, 7:44pm

ULA Catalyst
Funny..I just posted this review: http://www.pmags.com/ula-catalyst-review Overall, I like it quite a bit as an all around workhorse-type pack. Have not used the other packs in question.

In GEAR » Aether 70 vs ULA Catalyst
July 11, 6:17pm

Meghan and Danni
I actually stumbled upon their blog in my research. Though I am not a runner by any means (I look more like I belong on a dock somewhere unloading a barge ;) ), the pace Meghan and Danni did is ...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Highline Trail UT
July 11, 4:59pm

alchie stoves
I like alcohol stoves. They are light, easy to make, efficient for certain purposes and just plain ole’ work. In the past, I’ve headed up workshops on how to make pepsi-can (and later, cat foo...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » California Fire Restrictions
July 11, 3:45pm

FAll
I now have plans to to hike it the week before Labor Day. Early fall in the high country..and among the best time to hike IMO (Fall in general, actually) The plan is to do a high route and hike ...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Highline Trail UT
July 11, 3:25pm

Mindless Chatter
Some of my closest friendships were formed because of mindless chatter we had in the wilderness. :) I love my solo time and crave it. I was off trail this past weekend, solo and did not see a so...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Smiling through gritted teeth W/ hiking companion
July 09, 2:35pm

Mohawk Lakes Backpacking
Last year, I was asked to help my buddy Josh out on Avery's first backpacking trip. This past year, I was again asked to accompany my friend and his son on a backpacking trip. At this poi...

In Post-Trip Reports » Mohawk Lakes Backpacking
July 08, 8:48pm

Transportation to Hessie
There is no public transit from Nederland to the Hessie TH during the week unfortunately. (Weekends is another story http://www.bouldercounty.org/os/parks/pages/hessie.aspx) However, the RTD sy...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Continental divide trail
July 07, 8:24pm

...or hike off trail
..and if you hike off trail, mileage has less meaning. When you are climbing up steep tundra with some low class 3 scrambling on the talus in places and then bashing through willows, I can assure y...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » The Ultralight Movement is keeping me from backpacking
July 07, 8:12pm

All Reader Reviews by Paul Magnanti

Paul Magnanti has posted no reviews.