Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Paul Magnanti (PaulMags) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale People's Republic of Boulder
About Me I like to hike, backpack, camp and backcountry ski every so often...
CityBoulder
StateCO
My Website URLhttp://www.pmags.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Paul Magnanti

Showing 401 - 410 of 946 | Page: 1 ...32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ...95

Forum » Thread

Boulder floods
,My younger brother decided to visit us during a great time: A 100 yr flood!!!! Last time this happened, it was 1904. Roads in and out of Boulder were more or less closed. At least we are not...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » BREAKING NEWS: 2 HIKERS STRANDED ON LONGS PEAK
September 15, 10:31am

Glory days
My own personal experiences as I am about the same age and went back and forth with similar thoughts: In my mid 20s and early 30s, I worked jobs in the IT field (mainly help desk/ general IT) ...

In Philosophy & Technique » Is anyone else feeling stranded?
September 09, 2:43pm

Lake city
I have actually updated lake city recently. Mainly because of ravens rest, lake city has become much more hiker aware. This is a recent change in the past year or two. Amazing how one business can ...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Colorado Trail Thru-Hike Summer 2014 - Input needed!
September 08, 9:29am

'fraid it is me
Actually, Ken is aiming that at me. :) On a recent trip to the Indian Peaks, I noticed at an unusually high amount of backpackers on a favorite loop of mine. Mind you, it is a loop that is ve...

In Post-Trip Reports » East to West - Uinta Highline Trail
September 07, 10:43pm

good one sir..good one
Ha! I smell toast. ;) Being serious, I'd be very surprised it if gets crowded. Too far off the beaten path for most peak baggers and most CO Front Rangers and the logistics are rather diffi...

September 07, 10:00pm

East to West - Uinta Highline Trail
My experience backpacking on the Uinta Highline trail in Utah. With trip planning and logistic info. http://www.pmags.com/east-to-west-uinta-highline-trail

September 07, 9:32pm

15 MPD
Fifteen MPD is a very reasonable time frame for anyone moderately in shape who has some backpacking experience. I see you are coming from Texas. If you can, factor in a day or two of acclimation...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Colorado Trail Thru-Hike Summer 2014 - Input needed!
September 07, 5:05pm

ha!
..with a therms of coffee and chocolate for afters? :) I have indeed done fried chicken on the trail. My rather subtle avatar even has it. ;)

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Meals when any fires are forbidden
September 06, 6:10pm

dried fruit
Don't forget dried fruit like figs for some quick energy. Have some cured meat like salami, bread, a hard salty cheese and some dried figs and you have a killer meal off trail or on. :)

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Meals when any fires are forbidden
September 06, 2:06pm

clean and simple
I like it. Clean and simple is the way to go, at least IMO. "Too busy" distracts from the message trying to be conveyed. Good luck on your hikes!

In On the Web » Blog host question
September 06, 11:10am

All Reader Reviews by Paul Magnanti

Paul Magnanti has posted no reviews.