BPL Community Profile

Paul Magnanti (PaulMags) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale People's Republic of Boulder
About Me I like to hike, backpack, camp and backcountry ski every so often...
CityBoulder
StateCO
My Website URLhttp://www.pmags.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Paul Magnanti

Showing 401 - 410 of 829 | Page: 1 ...32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ...83

Forum » Thread

Down to the River - Dominguez Canyon Backpack
A weekend backpacking trip to Dominguez Canyon outside of Grand Junction, CO. As I went down in the river to pray  Studying about that good old way  And who shall wear the starry crown ...

In Post-Trip Reports » Down to the River - Dominguez Canyon Backpack
May 02, 6:26pm

Boonie Hat
Look to the left. Ugly, dorky looking...but effective for me. It is what I use anyway. Is it the "best"? Couldn't tell you. I do know it has worked for me. (Including this ...

In GEAR » Sun Hats - Full Brim vs Ball cap with neck cape/bandana
April 30, 9:02pm

Bring the long sleeve
I am a big proponent of a long sleeve shirt for high altitude and desert/dry hiking. Sun protection, bug protectiion and the long sleeves help create your own microclimate in the hot, dry climate....

In GEAR » WIndshirt Vs. Rain jacket
April 26, 8:28pm

IAD
How about IAD? (It all Depends?) I'be been known to pack in a Coleman two burner stove, sausages and beer for a full moon October-fest themed hike... but that may be overkill for the 3.5 ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » day hike pack list
April 23, 10:00pm

The Trail Show #11 - The Hayduke Trail
The Trail Show #11 is live. The Hayduke Trail is our featured trail of the month. Today we bring you Episode #11 – Our Hayduke Trail Show! On this month’s episode we discuss the results of ...

In On the Web » The Trail Show #11 - The Hayduke Trail
April 22, 11:33am

Who gets out more?
The outdoors person gets out he most. They don't worry about silly labels and just experience the outdoors.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Who gets out more, the UL or the BC camper?
April 21, 12:59pm

And the advantages
Ah, but there are advantages..and that's why you are careful. :) Trust me, my buddy is a climbing instructor for the CMC and is know for being conservative with climbing. He's been cli...

In Philosophy & Technique » Knots
April 17, 7:29am

Clove hitch
It is for tying INTO the anchor and not the anchor itself. http://climbing.about.com/od/climbingknots/a/Clove-Hitch-For-Climbing.htm Being a burly climber of 30 yrs, I suspect you know that......

April 16, 11:08pm

Knots
Back in first grade, Sr Jackie was aghast that I could not tie my shoe laces. This gaunt woman looked uncannily like the actress who played "the wicked witch of the west" from The Wizard ...

April 16, 10:18pm

Gear..gear...and more gear.
The most important gear item is what is between your head! :) I may get banned from this forum and have to turn in my Real Outdoors Person (TM) membership card, but gear is the least important p...

In GEAR » Most important gear item
April 16, 7:54pm

All Reader Reviews by Paul Magnanti

Paul Magnanti has posted no reviews.