BPL Community Profile

Kevin Babione (KBabione) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pennsylvania
About Me I live near Lancaster PA and do most of my backpacking in the central and north-central parts of the state.
CityLititz
StatePA
CountryUnited States

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Kevin Babione

Showing 401 - 410 of 614 | Page: 1 ...32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ...62

Forum » Thread

Hammock Info
Dale, Sorry - I didn't mean on Hammockforums.net - I meant in the Hammock forum here on BPL. There aren't a ton of posts there, but we do have our own BPL forum.

In Hammocks » A New User's Look at Hammocks
July 24, 4:43am

Hammock Suspensions
Miguel, I started with a Speer hammock as well - purchased while Ed was still in the hammock business. I was so impressed with the comfort that I bought an overstuffed Peapod from him as well. ...

July 24, 4:41am

Lawson Equipment Cuben Hex Tarp
Dale, Thanks - it really is as big as it looks. I like to put my poles under one side to hold it up in the direction I'm most interested in watching - usually towards my hiking buddies. It...

July 23, 7:36pm

Lawson Equipment Cuben Hex Hammock
Please include Lawson Equipment when you're looking at Cuben tarps. He builds a hex tarp with the following dimensions: - Ridgeline - 11' - Width - 9' - Bottom Edges - 7...

July 23, 9:11am

Min Max Thermometer
Daryl, Thanks for this thread - I have one by Oregon Scientific that weighs almost 4 ounces and would love to replace it with something lighter. I really like knowing the minimum temperature so ...

In GEAR » Min Max Thermometer
July 10, 5:49am

Hammocks
Mike, Since you seem unsure about the hammock you might want to consider trying the Grand Trunk Ultralight - Campmor has them for just $20. You'll want to replace the suspension with some t...

In Hammocks » Switchback hammocks
July 06, 7:29pm

Carrying a Saw Backpacking
I'll admit to having a 15" Sven saw that weighs 10.6 ounces. I have some friends with whom I backpack and for them the biggest joy is getting to camp and having a fire. We don't do r...

In GEAR » Have you ever needed a SAW?
June 29, 10:37am

Wentzel Tent
To hear him tell the story it was actually pretty funny...He was originally planning on sleeping under a tarp but saw the $25 solo tent and bought it instead of the blue tarp. He stayed in the t...

In GEAR » Testing for Waterproofing
June 27, 12:20pm

Too Slow
I slept on it over the weekend and obviously missed my chance... Congrats to the buyer - this was quite a bargain!

In Gear Swap » JRB 15 deg quilt Long
June 27, 8:34am

Wentzel Tent - You get what you pay for
Be pretty careful setting it up while you're out on the trail. A friend of mine took one on the Old Loggers Path a couple of weeks ago and it worked fine the first night. The second night the...

In GEAR » Testing for Waterproofing
June 27, 8:33am

All Reader Reviews by Kevin Babione

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Extremely Light Down Jacket
I'm a big guy and have the Ex Light in XXL - weighs 7.8 ounces. In addition to being a great piece of insulation to wear I've found that I can use it in my hammock as an extra top quilt by op...

In Clothing - Insulating - Down
January 03, 1:42pm

Lighten Up! by Don Ladigin
I just finished reading the book - it's an enjoyable and quick read. I've got two weekend trips planned this spring with guys who have never backpacked in their lives. I'm passing the bo...

In Books and Media
March 28, 5:52am