BPL Community Profile

Jacob D (JacobD) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale North Bay
About Me Jacob D has not added a biography yet.
CitySan Rafael
StateCA
My Website URLhttp://www.hikeitlikeit.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jacob D

Showing 401 - 410 of 656 | Page: 1 ...32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ...66

Forum » Thread

Re: The 4th Annual BPL GGG Weekend Official Sign Up
I'll be there.

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » The 4th Annual BPL GGG Weekend Official Sign Up
November 09, 10:49am

Re: Para-Cord
Love the comments regarding uses of the thing... "Strangling an enemy of the state." "I can't see how you would ever get the cord wrapped back up into a bracelet shape, onc...

In Gear Deals » Para-Cord Survival Bracelet 9" for $2.99 + free shipping
November 08, 10:00am

Fine Knit
Commission Katharina to make you a fine-knit hat, totally worth the extra $ ! Her merino hats are great, but the fine knit is super duper comfy. Mine is caressing my noggin as I type this :)

In Gear Deals » Hand knitted beanies and hats
November 08, 9:49am

Re: exposure & framing
Rick, for some comparison shots would you prefer to uprez the smaller file or downsample the larger one (or leave them at their native resolutions)? I will make some comparison shots to post from a...

In Photography » Sony NEX Lens Impressions
November 02, 6:22pm

Re: Sony NEX-5 Photos Compared to Canon S95 Photos
Well, just looking at the two shots posted by Eric directly above you have... S95: f2.8, 1/6s, ISO 1600 NEX: f3.5, 1/2s, ISO 400 ...(I peaked at the EXIF data) the S95 has 1 full stop EV mor...

November 02, 2:48pm

Re: Re: Sony NEX Lens Impressions
Eric, Thanks for posting those. I took a quick look, some very nice images you have in there. I think the comparison vs. the S95 is interesting. The level of detail the NEX shows on the Tioga Pa...

November 02, 1:37pm

Re: ALT lenses for NEX
I see you do like the fisheye from your avatar (self portrait?) :) Samyang has shown they can produce some nice lenses, if they came out with a fisheye for the NEX it would sure be fun to try ou...

October 31, 9:05am

NEX
Tony, I appreciate the sentiment but I would not consider my advice as expert, more like friendly words of encouragement. I'm just a dood with an NEX-5N who's excited about it. You and I sh...

October 30, 11:17am

Re: Re: NEX vs. SLR's
Hahaha... Brian. I'm not sure if that was tongue in cheek, but market price for a 5D in good condition is about $1000 :)

October 27, 9:00pm

NEX vs. SLR's
There are very few reasons why someone would actually need an SLR any more, but they could be good reasons if they matter to the camera user. - Faster autofocus - Advanced AF features, like sub...

October 27, 8:34pm

All Reader Reviews by Jacob D

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

WalMart
Yearly bump to bring the Wally World rating down where it should be :)

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
January 20, 10:56am