BPL Community Profile

Sumi Wada (DetroitTigerFan) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Ann Arbor
About Me Sumi Wada has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Sumi Wada

Showing 401 - 410 of 493 | Page: 1 ...31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50

Forum » Thread

Re: TPX color
I'm good with red, or any color for that matter. Still in for 5 yds.

In Make Your Own Gear » .65oz/yd - 8d nylon taffeta fabric - FOR SALE --- $6/yd
August 15, 3:02pm

Re: Re: titanium stakes in a carry-on bag on flight
Our favorite TSA story was on a flight home from La Guardia. My husband was carrying on a daypack that he'd carried all over the city and forgotten that he had a jack knife in one of the pocke...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » titanium stakes in a carry-on bag on flight
August 14, 3:49pm

Re: titanium stakes in a carry-on bag on flight
Even if someone else was able to carry them on, I wouldn't assume that you could. My experience is that TSA carry-on screening and decisions are inconsistent from airport to airport. You could...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » titanium stakes in a carry-on bag on flight
August 14, 10:09am

Re: Simple, durable pack needed
I think my ULA Circuit is pretty durable. More so than the Talon 44 or the Granite Gear Vapor Trail that I was considering at the same time. I've had it on pretty harsh rocky trails that invo...

In GEAR » Simple, durable pack needed
August 12, 3:12pm

Re: Help. Need a reccomendation for a digital scale.
I think I just went to amazon.com and typed in "kitchen scale" and bought one that got decent reviews. There were a bunch in the $20 range, free shipping, no sales tax. Most have simila...

In GEAR » Help. Need a reccomendation for a digital scale.
August 12, 2:25pm

Re: Meshy trail runners + merino socks
I don't know that you can talk about "trail shoes" and "trail runners" generically. My Wildcats are much stiffer than my Montrails though they're both labeled "tra...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Footwear for hike with 30+ water crossings
August 12, 1:23pm

Meshy trail runners + merino socks
Consider a trail shoe/runner with a mesh fabric body and wool socks. I've hiked long creek hikes in my Sportiva Wildcats (obviously the non-gortex model.) Mesh fabric lets the water drain w...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Footwear for hike with 30+ water crossings
August 12, 12:39pm

I'll take 5
Put me down for 5 yards.

In Make Your Own Gear » .65oz/yd - 8d nylon taffeta fabric - FOR SALE --- $6/yd
August 11, 10:10am

Re: Titanium Hook Tent Stakes - Testimonial
Love mine, too! Painted the top of the hooks with the brightest hot pink nail polish I had -- haven't lost one yet. :)

In Gear Deals » Titanium Hook Tent Stakes
August 04, 3:59pm

Re: What is a sufficient footprint substitute you use?
2mil plastic painters' dropsheet. $10 roll from Lowe's is almost a lifetime supply and allows me to cut exactly the size I need for different tarps, conditions, etc. I got the textured pla...

In GEAR » What is a sufficient footprint substitute you use?
August 04, 11:22am

All Reader Reviews by Sumi Wada

Sumi Wada has posted no reviews.