Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Sumi Wada (DetroitTigerFan) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Ann Arbor
About Me Sumi Wada has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Sumi Wada

Showing 401 - 410 of 517 | Page: 1 ...32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52

Forum » Thread

Re: Kid's packs?
My son's been backpacking with me since was about 10 or so. Problem has never been finding a pack with a short enough torso; many women's XS and S packs fit torso length-wise. The problem...

In GEAR » Kid's packs?
October 06, 10:34am

Re: Giardia question
Logically, it's obviously not good practice to use your drinking cup as the water scoop. That said, I can't imagine that your exposure is any worse than going swimming in lakes/rivers or r...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Giardia question
September 29, 7:28pm

Re: Electronics and weight
No PLB or GPS and usually no cell. The only time I carry a cell phone is when I'm doing a point-to-point hike and have an arrangement to call my pick-up from the destination trailhead. I'm...

In GEAR » Electronics and weight
September 28, 7:46pm

Re: Re: Grand Canyon pants
>> Take a pair of 3oz wind pants down there and you will bring back very expensive ribbons! LOL... yeah, that's why I responded "good point" to your earlier response and deci...

In GEAR » DWR Wind pants?
September 27, 9:53pm

Re: "Wind" pants?
>> Sounds like you need a GTX PacLite pant that will shed rain & wet snow as well as keep you dry. Yikes, no, we're talking about the Grand Canyon, not the Cascades. Think Las Vega...

September 27, 9:07pm

Re: Re: DWR Wind pants?
>> where are you hiking in November that will be warm and dry? Grand Canyon, first week of November.

September 27, 4:21pm

Re: Re: DWR Wind pants?
Good point about fragile UL fabrics. I know that I don't need rain pants and even the DriDucks are too heavy to be worth taking. I think I'm probably over-thinking this. Baselayer and ...

September 27, 11:57am

DWR Wind pants?
I have a week-long hike coming up in November where I'm expecting mostly warm (65-75*) and dry days. However, last camp will be at a higher elevation, cooler temps and potential rain/sleet/sno...

September 27, 9:15am

Re: first-time UL bag buyer—advice? (marmot plasma)
OK, gonna say right off the bat that I don't know what qualifies a bag as an "ultralight" bag. But I'm pretty much a one-bag woman like you (and also 5'2") and did a pre...

In GEAR » first-time UL bag buyer—advice? (marmot plasma)
September 14, 8:13am

Re: mix
>> Patagonia made a Merino 1 top that was a mixture of syn and merino, for some reason (expense?) they quit making it, but this shirt (they never made a bottom that I'm aware of) is the b...

In GEAR » What is the best base layer?
September 11, 8:38am

All Reader Reviews by Sumi Wada

Sumi Wada has posted no reviews.