BPL Community Profile

Rutherford Platt (tunaboy999) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Mid Atlantic
About Me Rutherford Platt has not added a biography yet.
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListDown to Freezing Gear List for the Rockies and AT

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Rutherford Platt

Showing 41 - 50 of 63 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Forum » Thread

FS or Trade: Montbell UL Down Jacket and OR Helium Rain Jacket
Bump

In Gear Swap » FS or Trade: Montbell UL Down Jacket and OR Helium Rain Jacket
October 31, 7:43am

FS or Trade: Montbell UL Down Jacket
Montbell UL Down Inner Jacket (Size Medium, Color: Gunmetal). I bought this over the summer at full price. It's in flawless condition -- very lightly used on a single 4-day trip. Yes, this is...

In Gear Swap » FS or Trade: Montbell UL Down Jacket and OR Helium Rain Jacket
October 30, 12:44pm

frost when air temp is above freezing
Thanks for the link Acronym -- interesting and very accessible. Does anyone have a sense for the strength of this effect? i.e. theoretically how much cooler can objects be compared to the surrou...

In GEAR » wow, it's hard to prevent condensation under a tarp
October 26, 12:52pm

layering vest with Parka?
Has anyone layered a Montbell Down vest with UL down parka for use in mid-20's temps? This would give a total of 4 oz down -- same as the Alpine Light Jacket but distributed differently. ...

In GEAR » Extending 30 degree bag into mid-20s
October 25, 9:30am

another vote for the Solong 6
I recently used a Lightheart Solong 6 in rainy/humid conditions right next to a stream. My hiking partner had substantial condensation in his MSR Hubba, but the Solong 6 remained dry on the in...

In GEAR » Easy to pitch sub-2 lb tent?
October 24, 6:51am

VBL
I had never considered a VBL. I thought a VBL was most useful in winter temps (rather than "shoulder season temps" that I am likely to experience)and cases where there aren't many ...

October 05, 10:25am

Ok, maybe 27 degrees is a better target temp
Thanks for your comments everyone. I will be using a fully enclosed tent (Lightheart Solong) and generally will be expecting daytime temps in the 50-60 and nighttime temps from 27-37. I think...

October 05, 8:37am

Extending 30 degree bag into mid-20s
Hello Everyone, I have taken my Marmot Hydrogen down to freezing wearing long underwear and have been comfortable, but right on the edge. Sleeping with my Montbell UL Jacket, thick socks, and th...

October 04, 2:47pm

Starbucks cup
A 12 oz Starbucks cup will do the trick. If you get sick of it you can always burn it. Truly UL.

In GEAR » Lightweight Coffee Cup Recommendations Please
September 25, 6:23pm

A Tale of Two Tents: Skyscape Trekker and Lightheart Solo
An interesting article on a legal blog: http://www.lawlawlandblog.com/2011/09/a_tale_of_two_tents_functional.html It fails to mention that these tents have a common ancestor, the Wanderlust!

In GEAR » A Tale of Two Tents: Skyscape Trekker and Lightheart Solo
September 23, 8:36am

All Reader Reviews by Rutherford Platt

Rutherford Platt has posted no reviews.