BPL Community Profile

paul buzzard (troop208) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale paul buzzard hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me paul buzzard has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by paul buzzard

Showing 41 - 50 of 87 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Forum » Thread

MB bags
I started with a ss #3 and couldn't stay warm at the rated number, 30 for that bag. Switched to a #2, and it is easily warm enough for me to the number, 25 for that bag. Go figure. IMO, if y...

In GEAR » Montbell Maths
June 09, 7:04am

bearbags
I would agree on using the phil ones. They get drug thru the dirt, etc, and they are heavy duty, but not real heavy. You can save a lot of personal weight with your crew by making sure they have ...

In Philmont » Philmont bearbagging
June 01, 3:12pm

amsteel
Scott, Just look at my post on page one. All the info I know. Reddon was cheapest. I heard they wern't making the 7/64ths anymore, but hope you can find. Great rope, but thin as mentione...

In Philmont » LIghtweight Philmont Experince
May 29, 3:00pm

Philmont cooking
I brought turkey bags last year. We tried to use them first two dinners, and boys being boys, they always put a hole in them "carefully" mixing the food with a spoon, lol. So we quit be...

In Gear Lists » Philmont gear selection..
May 19, 8:53am

really sewn thru means it for my bag
I have a #2 ulss 2007 model, and for the life of me, I cannot move down from one compartment to the next. Mine are very securely partitioned.

In GEAR » Montbell SS - baffles sewn through?
May 19, 8:23am

sew it
You didn't say how big the hole is, but you may be able to just pinch the fabric together, and sew it shut with needle and thread. Put seam grip on the sewing repair, good to go. May look a l...

In GEAR » how to patch a hole in a down bag?
May 06, 3:07pm

Travis, I have that exact bag, and I think you made the correct choice in the #3 vs #2. I started with the #3 and returned it, because I wasn't warm enough at 30 degrees. The #2 is way war...

In GEAR » Sleeping Bag advice for newbie
May 04, 6:55am

filling
I had your bag, and test slept in it at 30 degrees in my garage, and was not warm enough. Sent it back, got the #2, am good to go, warmth wise. The #2 is way warmer then the 5 degree rated differe...

In GEAR » Montbell Super Stretch
April 16, 8:45am

saving weight personal and crew
I agree with Scott on the list. Oware had 12'x12' silnylon tarps last year, great piece of equipment if it rains. Use two hiking poles tied together for poles, don't bring extra poles....

In Philmont » Will they let you do this?
March 23, 8:50am

mb length
I have the ulss #2 in long, fits perfectly for me, 6' even. My .02 is that if you can order both at one time and ship the one back for shipping charge return only, that is way to go. Then you...

In GEAR » Montbell Sleeping Bag Height Question
March 10, 2:02pm

All Reader Reviews by paul buzzard

paul buzzard has posted no reviews.