BPL Community Profile

Tony Burnett (tlbj6142) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale OH--IO
About Me Tony Burnett has not added a biography yet.
CityColumbus
StateOH

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Tony Burnett

Showing 41 - 50 of 191 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Forum » Thread

Gatewood Cape as a poncho...
I don't quite see how it fits as a poncho. I assume the headhole is the top of the tarp. Is the zipper the front? Are those two "dark strips" the arm holes? If so, it would appear as though it ...

In GEAR » Gatewood Cape ??'s
May 12, 12:48pm

Dolly Sods -- Winter Access
Just got back from a 4-trip to Dolly Sods. We had great weather. I didn't take the kids, 'cause I wanted to "test" my ankle without the extra weight. My father and I were able to hit 80% of the ...

In Winter Hiking » Low elevation Winter Setup
May 08, 9:49am

Tents not Tarps and Other Concerns
Obviously, you can keep safe and dry under a trap. Folks do it all the time. But to do so requires proper site selection. I suspect that at Philmont (and other regions which require assigned c...

In Gear Lists » Philmont gear selection..
April 26, 3:04pm

Re: Sods Winter Access
I had a serious ankle sprain in mid-Dec playing Wallyball. Haven't been able to do much (except for PT) since. Have my first trip planned in 2 weeks (4-day dolly sods trip to locate good "take my...

In Winter Hiking » Low elevation Winter Setup
April 20, 6:40am

down not an issue for me
According to the scratch tests, I'm allergic to down (I get shots every 3 weeks for the past 8 years). New cheap-o down pillows drive me crazy. Itchy throat within an hour or so. Never had a s...

In GEAR » Down allergy & Down bags....
April 19, 6:50pm

Philmont gear selection..
I wonder why they don't want "open" tarp shelters? Is this a bear thing? Couldn't someone just leave the "door" open on their tent, or betamid, and be just as "un-safe"? Switching gears a bi...

April 19, 10:48am

Philmont gear selection..
After reading the new Philmont article, I have just one question... "Philmont requires a tent; no tarps or bivies are allowed. They do not require that a tent have an integrated floor, so many l...

April 19, 7:41am

ULA sizing issues...
Don't forget ULA packs are semi-custom. Here's what I would do if I were to order an ULA pack... 1) Determine **MY** ideal distance between the shoulderstrap **attachment** point and the hipbel...

In GEAR » ULA Conduit?
February 26, 6:30pm

Helix Ice Ax == Potty Trowel
I see that ULA is no longer calling it an Ice Ax. Its now a potty Trowel. Read the description, its quite funny. http://www.ula-equipment.com/helix.htm

In GEAR » Helix Ice Ax
February 21, 7:40am

Potential Essense long pad ideas
It does work quite well. I've done the same thing with my blue pad (I put mine under the mattress in the guest bedroom) and it actually folds up better than the "scored" GG NightLight torso lengt...

In GEAR » Front Loading UL pack?
February 03, 12:57pm

All Reader Reviews by Tony Burnett

Tony Burnett has posted no reviews.