BPL Community Profile

Nick Larsen (stingray4540) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale South Bay
About Me Nick Larsen has not added a biography yet.
StateCalifornia
My PDF Gear ListGearList

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nick Larsen

Showing 41 - 50 of 365 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ...37

Forum » Thread

Re: 20 lbs FSO including Gransfords and Cold Steel
@Everett I'm looking forward to the reading I have ahead of me!

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Who gets out more, the UL or the BC camper?
April 19, 3:58pm

Re: UL NOT versus BC
Everett, Fantastic write up, showing how UL and BC can be mutually benefitial! Only problem I have is that 20lb. skin out weight + Grunsfors Bruks + Cold steel shovel is an oxymoron. I would li...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Who gets out more, the UL or the BC camper?
April 19, 1:56am

Re: Who gets out more, the UL or the BC camper?
“I see bushcraft as an activity just like fishing. It requires additional gear for a specific type of activity. If you plan on practicing making a hand drill fire, or making a bush pipe a razor b...

April 19, 1:51am

Re: Denied!
Haha, bummer about them being out of stock. Glad you are still continuing with the testing, as it is interesting. For what it's worth, if you ever do decide to check out the GVP, here is ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Frankenstein Cookkit Returns: New Lid, New Windscreen, More Better Testing
April 18, 5:35am

Re: Planning a Serenity type bivy
The one on the left should be more than enough netting. My car camping dome tent has only two small net patches with a rainfly to cover them, and I've never had condensation issues.

In Make Your Own Gear » Planning a Serenity type bivy
April 18, 5:01am

Re: Frankenstein Cook kit Returns:
How tall and narrow do you want to go? I think, like your short wide pot, this has already been achieved by the caldera GVP(foster's pot). My kit weighs less than 3oz and boils 16oz using l...

In Make Your Own Gear » Frankenstein Cookkit Returns: New Lid, New Windscreen, More Better Testing
April 17, 2:19pm

Tabata training
It's called Tabata training. Developed by Izumi Tabata after a study he did in Japan. If it interests you, google tabata and you will find a lot more reading on it. I think it is mostly cardio...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » The Truth About Exercise M. Mosley
April 16, 1:58am

Re: Why?
I'll second Rowan's question. Why do people find it so difficult to clean water bladders? I just use dishsoap and water like I would any of my dishes. Add soap, add water, swoosh it aro...

In GEAR » Cleaning water bladders with denture cleaner?
April 16, 1:42am

Re: Sleeping system kid < 1 year
Not backpacking, but we just got back from our 7mo olds first camping trip. I was vehemently against her sleeping in the bags with us for fear of SIDS(suffocating or crushing) but somehow my wife m...

In GEAR » Sleeping system kid < 1 year
April 16, 1:30am

Re: Stream crossing
Great discussion so far! Keep 'm coming.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » List your "quick drying" trail runners that you also cross streams in.
April 15, 3:23am

All Reader Reviews by Nick Larsen

Nick Larsen has posted no reviews.