Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Shawn Taylor (staylor310) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Sierra
About Me Shawn Taylor has not added a biography yet.
StateCA
CountryU.S.
My PDF Gear ListDownload my Gear List (PDF)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Shawn Taylor

Showing 41 - 50 of 67 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: "Onion Valley to Whitney Portal"
Great Trip! Can you give me any feed back on the temps and the insulation/sleeping gear you packed? I'm taking a trip in the same area, but I plan to use a lighter quilt and insulating jack...

In Post-Trip Reports » Onion Valley to Whitney Portal (w/pics)
August 04, 11:30am

Re: Re: SUL quilt
Thanks, I have to give most of the credit to my wife, since she did most of the sewing. The sanp neck closure is a pretty standard detail. The back strap really helps with draft prevention, altho...

In Make Your Own Gear » SUL Quilt Project Finished!
June 30, 9:03am

Re: Re: SUL Quilt Project Finished!
Yes that's right. They use an "mm" abrev which leads you to think they are talking about millimeters, but 5mil would be very thick.

June 30, 8:39am

Re: SUL quilt
I don't recall the source for the silk. I lust googled it and ordered from an online company.

June 30, 8:38am

Re: Re: SUL Quilt Project Finished!
I really like the roomy footbox! Nice touch! The footbox is not roomy, that's where I made the mistake.

June 30, 8:37am

SUL Quilt Project Finished!
I had posted a thread a while ago, asking for information on materials to make a super light quilt. I finished the quilt about 2 weeks ago and tested in this weekend. Although, I only used it in ...

June 29, 4:11pm

Re: Re: UL Wind/rain pants - which would you choose?
I like the montane feather lite pants for wind pants. I always bring these unless I'm expecting heavy rain, when which I would bring Golite Reed rain pants instead.

In GEAR » UL Wind/rain pants - which would you choose?
June 13, 11:02pm

Re: Re: MYOG SUL Quilt
I don't expect the 2.5 to tak eme lower than 45' by itself, but I don't plan to use it for temps much lower than that. I estimate that I'll be able to comfortably sleep down into t...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG SUL Quilt
May 26, 2:06pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: MYOG SUL Quilt
Aaron, What has inspired me to try an dmake a +/- 8oz quilt is that a friend has made one using nylon ripstop, and i thought that if I can find some lighter fabrics, I could shave a few oz's...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG SUL Quilt
May 26, 8:48am

Nylon Fabric
I have this quilt, and a really like the fabric used on the rest of the shell and lining. Anyone know what it is, and if it can be purchased?

In Editor's Roundtable » GoLite Ultra Quilt Review
May 25, 8:18am

All Reader Reviews by Shawn Taylor

Showing 1 - 4 of 4 | Page: 1

Review

Category

GoLite Wisp
The Golite Wisp Shirt is in my top 5 favorite pieces of gear. It is one of the lightest wind shirts available. I use this shirt in summer trips where temps don't drop below 50, and I have used o...

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
July 02, 2:38pm

Backpacking Light Ti Esbit stove
I love this stove for use with pots 20 fl. oz. and under. It supports most pots well. My favorite cook system, when I'm cooking only for myself, is- The Esbit wing, 600ml Evernew mug, homemade a...

In Stoves - Other
July 02, 2:25pm

Gossamer Gear G6 Whisper
I have to give this pack a 5 because of the weight (4oz). I will however give it some constructive criticism- I would prefer a wrapping front pocket, which comes around to the sides, and provides ...

In Backpacks - Frameless
July 02, 12:15pm

Light My Fire Spork
Mine broke too. The 3 in 1 design is nice, but it breaks easily and does not fit in most cook pots. The folding Ti-Spork is much better.

In Cookware - Other
March 08, 4:09pm