Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Robert Perkins (rp3957) - BPL Guest

My Locale The Sierras
About Me I usually plan 2- 3 weekend trips in the Sierras a year and try to do one 'long' hike a year. I really like the Central part of the Sierras.
CitySparks
StateNevada
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Robert Perkins

Showing 41 - 50 of 484 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ...49

Forum » Thread

Big SEKI Loop 2014
I posted my question about the same time as Art posted the trip description. Amy's trip report wasnt up yet, but thanks for asking Bob. Nice route, but I did a similar route two summers ago...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Big SEKI loop 2014
February 04, 2:01pm

Big SEKI Loop 2014
Can you give a quick 'loose' itinerary on starting location, passes, ect? I may be up for some hiking in early August. It would be cool to hike with some fellow BPL-ers. Any of it cross cou...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Big SEKI loop 2014
February 04, 12:31pm

JMT Permit Process
"Your are not required to camp at LYV with that permit. You can go past that point the same as the pass-thru." From the Yosemite Website, and also what I have been told by rangers: &q...

In Pre-Trip Planning » JMT Permit Process
February 03, 9:22pm

JMT Permit Process
The current Yosemite permitting system definitely needs to step into the electronic era, and out of its antiquated phone and fax system. I understand that it is run by the Yosemite Conservancy, and...

In Pre-Trip Planning » JMT Permit Process
February 03, 7:58pm

Extended JMT
I would highly recommend starting out at the Virginia Lakes Trailhead out of Bridgeport, off Hwy 395. Permits are easy to get from Humboldt/Toiyabe National Forest. The mileage from the Virginia La...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Extended JMT
February 02, 9:30pm

Trail Runners: Saucony Xodus 4.0
+1 I too was surprised by these shoes, but for different reasons. I normally wear Montrails or Brooks as they generally have a wider forefoot and narrow heel, but I took a chance on the Saucony&#...

In GEAR » Trail Runners: Saucony Xodus 4.0
February 02, 9:14pm

FS: Wild Ideas Expedition Bear Canister!
I 2nd Tad's question...when does the auction end?

In Gear Swap » FS: Wild Ideas Expedition Bear Canister!
January 26, 6:14pm

FS: Wild Ideas Expedition Bear Canister!
I'll up it to $50.

In Gear Swap » FS: Wild Ideas Expedition Bear Canister!
January 26, 3:38pm

New Product. Escape Pouch. Sale Soon.
Nice looking cozies! Which size would be better suited to fit in a quart sized freezer bag? I repackage all of my meals into freezer bags as they take up a bit less space. Right now, I just use the...

In Gear Deals » New Product. Escape Pouch. Sale Soon.
January 24, 7:12am

What's your big four weigh/cost? Me- 2 lbs 8.4 oz/$773
Tad, your post had me and my wife busting up!! She said that your gear collecting pretty much matches mine:). Great post. Zimmerbuilt Pack, Half-Dome, Perkins Model, 29 ozs. @$200 Z Packs, Hexa...

In GEAR » What's your big four weigh/cost? Me- 2 lbs 8.4 oz/$773
January 20, 3:53pm

All Reader Reviews by Robert Perkins

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Zimmerbuilt Half-Dome, modified
I have owned many packs with some features I liked and dis-liked on each one, so I decided to give the custom order pack method a shot. After a less than pleasant experience with Kooka bay, I went int...

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 24, 9:53pm

Osprey Talon 44
I picked up this pack with my REI dividend and have been taking it for a lot of 'test-runs' in the hills and have come to really love it's fit. I have switched between trying out a SMD Swi...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
April 24, 11:23pm

Six Moons Designs 2011 Swift
I have had a chance to do a quick test run of my new Swift pack with pocket hipbelt, and no stays. I am really impressed with how this pack rides! I loaded it up with about 20 pounds and took it for a...

In Backpacks - Frameless
February 09, 8:15pm

KookaBay air mattress
Edit - If I could, I would do two seperate ratings here. The pad would rate a 4, but customer sevice and response time would be a 1. I'll give it an average of 2.5. I got the pad and overall it...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
February 05, 1:12pm

MSR Mountain Safety Research HyperFlow microfilter
At first I just loved this filter, it had all of the qualities of a good filter; fast pumping, compact, and light. I used it in the Sierra's, in clear water, following the backflushing instruction...

In Hydration - Water Treatment
October 26, 10:32pm