BPL Community Profile

Richard Nisley (richard295) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale San Francisco Bay Area
About Me My outdoor hobbies include hiking, mountain biking, canoeing, kayaking, snow shoeing, skiing, fishing, and hunting. I enjoy continuously refining my equipment and techniques with the emphasis on less weight and volume.
CitySan Carlos
StateCA
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListProtocol B Aging Chart Source Detail

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Richard Nisley

Showing 41 - 50 of 1566 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ...157

Forum » Thread

False-Windshirts aren't anywhere close to the breathability of a softshell
Brian, You said that "Windshirts aren't anywhere close to the breathability of a soft-shell." There are windshirts available with air permeability near hard shells to those equal t...

In GEAR » Advice for a hardshell for early spring and late fall.
April 07, 5:36pm

Argon silnylon - 703 mm H2O Avg. & Inconsistent HH readings
I received a sample of brown Argon Silnylon and did a single non-aged HH tests. It tested as high as 3,374 mm H2O in a SINGLE non-aged test area. After I measured multiple test areas, per the appli...

In Make Your Own Gear » Argon silnylon
April 07, 3:04pm

Cuben Fiber
Ron Bell, Your were right when you said, ”They should be able to handle any critique.” I will handle your attempt at character assignation veiled as critique. The original post Here stands o...

In Make Your Own Gear » Cuben tent for mountaineering?
April 06, 10:54pm

Re: Re: The Grand Eight
SPECTACULAR ADVENTURE Dave... thanks for sharing!

In Post-Trip Reports » The Grand Eight
March 28, 9:33pm

Re: Aluminized Cuben – Thermal Blocking In Extreme Sun Conditions
John, To answer your question I looked through each alternative at the noon day sun. The most shielding option was the aluminized Cuben. Less effective was a Heat Sheet, which is an opaque orang...

In GEAR » Aluminized Cuben – Third Time is a Charm?
March 21, 9:48pm

Re: Aluminized Cuben Emissivity
Colin, That was a very well-reasoned question! The short answer is “I have not seen any emissivity specification for this product.” Now for the long answer (smile). For those not familiar wi...

March 21, 9:34pm

Re: Stairways of San Francisco - 568 Stairways in 4 Days
Amy, Cool adventure and report! You inspired me to try the same trip.

In Post-Trip Reports » Stairways of San Francisco - 568 Stairways in 4 Days
March 21, 9:32am

Re: Aluminized cuben
Colin, The aluminum is on the inside. Regarding adhesives for DIY projects, it is still a Mylar to Mylar bond like conventional Cuben. My GUESS is that the aluminum coating fissure pattern al...

March 20, 12:53pm

Your SL5
Wesley, I will purchase your SL5. Please contact me to arrange a PayPal payment.

In Gear Swap » GoLite Shangri-La 5 + Adrenaline Down Bag + Patagonia Down Jacket & Down Hoody + adidas 3-Layer-GORE-ACTIVE-SHELL Jacket + Exped Bivy-Ponchos, Silva Solar-Charger...NEW STUFF & PRICE DROP
March 19, 12:27am

Re: Re: Re: Aluminized Cuben – Third Time is a Charm?
CT2K.18/KM7 is sold directly by Cubic Tech in 9M lengths or longer. It would be nice if one of the cottage guys started reselling this for the DIY crowd (hint, hint).

March 17, 9:50am

All Reader Reviews by Richard Nisley

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Lite my fire firesteel scout firelighter
I went back to the Midwest, this month, for a family reunion and fishing trip. I took my fire steel with me. My two nephews are 10 and 12 and they love to fish. The 12 year old asked me if I would tea...

In Cookware - Other
July 21, 1:37pm

Jetboil Personal Cooking System
My piezo failed after a couple of days. It took one second to fix it by bending down the ignitor rod to make a slightly smaller gap (1/8" smaller). I then used it in Alaska for 1 1/2 months twice a da...

In Stoves - Canister
August 25, 5:17pm