Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Roleigh Martin (marti124) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Moderator-JohnMuirTrail Yahoo Group
About Me Formerly from MN and NY, now in Reno, NV, I have been hiking every summer in the High Sierra since 2000. From 2000-2007, we did the High Sierra Trail (HST). Been doing the John Muir Trail since then, every year. I am the lead moderator for the JohnMuirTrail@YahooGroups.com for 2011-2013. I organized groups (without charge) for the JMT, 2008-2011 for the hike I participated in (from 5 to 8 people). I'm doing a JMT 2014 group hike again. See my Google Profile for more and top links on a variety of topics (click on "My Website URL above").
CityReno
StateNV
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttps://plus.google.com/+RoleighMartin/about
My PDF Gear ListMy gear list as of 4/3/2010

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Roleigh Martin

Showing 41 - 50 of 1040 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ...104

Forum » Thread

Re: FS: Bear Paw Canopy 2 Tarp & Net Shelter 2
Replied offline; am very interested.

In Gear Swap » FS: Bear Paw Canopy 2 Tarp & Net Shelter 2
April 22, 2:59pm

Re: Re: ???
Wow Justin, what a clever idea! I ended up ordering from EE because I can get the quilt before I do my pre-JMT hike on the Superior Hiking Trail over the memorial day weekend. The one advantage...

In GEAR » Who all makes 45F-50F Climashield insulated quilts/sleeping bag liners?
April 15, 11:09am

Re: Re: Who all makes 45F-50F Climashield insulated quilts/sleeping bag liners?
Thanks for the tips, especially Nathan. Do you know, Dale, what is the fabric of the Thermarest blanket?

In GEAR » Who all makes 45F-50F Climashield insulated quilts/sleeping bag liners?
April 13, 11:33am

Who all makes 45F-50F Climashield insulated quilts/sleeping bag liners?
Who all makes 45F-50F Climashield insulated quilts/sleeping bag liners? I see that MountainLaurelDesigns does but until I hear back from Ron (I emailed him today), I don't know if I can rece...

April 13, 10:36am

Re: Would you trust this filter?
Sawyer is the manufacturer. Did you buy from them or a reseller/retailer? I'd ask for a replacement to play it safe. Sawyer I believe stands behind their products but I bet they'd ask yo...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Would you trust this filter?
April 12, 3:25pm

Bruce, thanks for the posting about anti-static bags
Bruce, thanks for the posting about anti-static bags. I looked at UsPlastic.com web site for choices. The anti-static bag choices are here: http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/item.aspx?itemid=...

In Editor's Roundtable » How Safe Is Your Food? Investigating the effectiveness of odor-proof bags
April 10, 3:06pm

Another 150 mile alternative to the JMT -- A Lasso HST Hike
This is a great thread. A resupply near the midpoint is possible using Sequoia Kings Pack Train on the JMT at the Kearsarge Pass junction. They only require a 1/2 day to get to that point so the ...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Big SEKI Loop (as an alternative to the JMT)
February 23, 10:33pm

Dudadiesel now has .5 micron filters
http://www.dudadiesel.com/choose_item.php?id=PTFEP3S Polyester PTFE Coated Filter Bag, 0.5 Micron • Size#3, with hanging strap • 8" Length, 4" Diameter • PTFE Coated to 0.5 Mi...

In GEAR » ultralight water prefilter
November 17, 11:49pm

Re: Support the Muir Trail Kickstarter Effort?
I've done the JMT every summer now for 5 years straight. Meeting people on the trail I find part of the fun of the hike, you meet the most wonderful people. I do not find it crowded at all. ...

In On the Web » Support the Muir Trail Kickstarter Effort
September 08, 9:46pm

Vote this weekend on the John Muir Trail Film
The Muir Project is up for a voter-supported contest, film project of the week (against a handful of others). They're close to first place -- they need more Yes votes. Go here: http://ww...

In On the Web » Support the Muir Trail Kickstarter Effort
September 08, 9:22pm

All Reader Reviews by Roleigh Martin

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Wilderness Press John Muir Trail: The Essential Guide to Hiking America’s Most Famous Trail, 5th Edition
Review of John Muir Trail: The Essential Guide to Hiking America’s Most Famous Trail, 5th Edition, by Elizabeth Wenk, Wilderness Press, 2014, 296 pages. Reviewed by Roleigh Martin, Lead Moderator: Jo...

In Books and Media
June 09, 8:47am

zpacks Company
I have bought many items from Zpacks, including some new items he started carrying as a result of my orders, such as the large size pack cover; the 1000 cu inch zero pack; and he provided a customized...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
November 16, 10:49pm

MSR Mountain Safety Research HyperFlow microfilter
Thanks to these reviews mentioning the problems and the recall issue, I called MSR up and found out I had a problem element and I was mailed a replacement. I won't be able to determine how good i...

In Hydration - Water Treatment
March 25, 2:02pm

Leukotape P Sports Tape
Andrew Skurka spoke in Minneapolis today at the Outdoor Expo and I took down his notes on foot care and found some links, including this thread. He recommends shoes that keep your feet cool (he u...

In First Aid and Survival Gear & Accessories
April 26, 11:31pm

Bear Boxer 101 Contender
Can you please provide a link for the Bear Boxer 101 Contender? Thank you. Never mind -- I found the link, I presume it is here: http://www.bareboxer.com/products.htm

In Miscellaneous Products
May 23, 6:43pm