BPL Community Profile

Elena Lee (lenchik101) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest (USA)
About Me Elena Lee has not added a biography yet.
CityBellevue
StateWashington
My PDF Gear ListN Cascades

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Elena Lee

Showing 41 - 50 of 166 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Forum » Thread

it's easier than you think
You guys are funny. Bitching about not finding wives, but don't want to do anything "above and beyond" about it. Just look at your map (global map I mean). there are countries outside...

In Philosophy & Technique » Where does one find...?
April 08, 4:36pm

too late
oops, i didn't read your are "leaving tomorrow". sorry hope Yakima was cool. Let us know what you chose!

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Need last minute trip idea needed
April 08, 4:20pm

Olympic Coast?
we did the Ozette Loop on Olympic Coast in Feb ( where you hike from Ozette to Cape Alava and then hike out at Sand Point.) It's not 20 miles but you can make it as many as you want with all th...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Need last minute trip idea needed
April 08, 4:19pm

aircore
i got the aircore from this website (the same rope as they use in their bear bag system) and we are pretty happy with it. first it feels like its covered with wax so it never soaks thru like other ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » What kind of rope for bear bag?
April 08, 4:11pm

nice tarp
I love the ID siltarp! we should make this post open to include all the different tarp pitch configurations. Have you tried the Mid yet (that's the one where the trek pole goes in the center? ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » first attempts at tarp pitching
April 08, 4:08pm

go with WM Ultralite and a parka
I'm a woman. I sleep cold. Get her a WM Ultralite and a down parka such as Montbell UL or Alpine Lite. This set up will be a more versatile than getting a colder down bag.

In GEAR » Advice on some gear for my wife
March 25, 3:41pm

Re: Off topic...
.. which one (as i recently changed pictures)? the ocean is the Pacific ocean part of Olympics NP on Washington state's coast (Cape Alava). i haven't had any montbell bags, but have 3 WM...

In GEAR » Feathered Friends Rock Wren
March 23, 5:02pm

thank you
thanks for all the good advice. can't wait to try this out.

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » How to Dehydrate Sauce?
March 23, 4:56pm

drying
Thanks. How would you dry it? Just leave it out or put in the oven with a low heat on?

March 22, 2:08pm

How to Dehydrate Sauce?
Please help me, how do you dehydrate sauce? I have a food dehydrator circa 1984 and an oven. What's the best way to do it? I've never done this before.

March 19, 4:10pm

All Reader Reviews by Elena Lee

Showing 1 - 6 of 6 | Page: 1

Review

Category

evernew ultralight 1.3l ti pot
I've had mine since 2002 and still going. I have one with titanium coating, and use it as a share pot with hiking partner. The quality of this pot is impeccable. Its insulated handles are grea...

In Cookware - Titanium
January 29, 12:34pm

Icebreaker Tech T Lite Superfine 140
Awesome shirt as evidenced by some night forest creatures who ate it. Now my shirt comes with cool hole design all over it that some people think came "as is" from the manufacturer... so...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
January 29, 12:23pm

Golite Pinnacle Pack
I have a women's version size small. I'm not sure if there is any difference between men's and women's besides the size. I also have an Osprey Talon 33 pack. What i use it for: I...

In Backpacks - Frameless
January 29, 12:07pm

Western Mountaineering Ultralight Super
Important! this bag could be too narrow who is larger torso/wider shoulder. bought it for my man but it didn't work for him - he liked megalite. otherwise a great bag for those who sleep on a c...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
December 01, 11:46pm

TarpTent Double Rainbow
Just to add some to the above reviews: Wind: Hadn't had a chance to use in the extreme wind but contemplating taking this tent on a winter trip. The new version has standard tieouts on the side...

In Shelters - Single Wall Tents
December 01, 11:00pm

Montbell UL Down Inner Parka
Ok, everyone has beef with the hood. I couldn't have honestly thought of one fault with the Montbell UL Parka before reading this thread. Lightweight, warm, wind and water resistant- a perfect...

In Clothing - Insulating - Down
December 01, 10:43pm