BPL Community Profile

Graeme Finley (gfinley001) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale SF Bay Area
About Me Graeme Finley has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Graeme Finley

Showing 41 - 50 of 90 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Frameless pack under legs as insulation?
I have frameless packs by Gossamer Gear and MLD, and also use a 3/4 pad. I've never really been bothered by cold seeping through the pack itself. This may partly be because I wear very warm s...

In GEAR » Frameless pack under legs as insulation?
February 20, 4:08pm

Re: Re: Water Concerns in Ultralight
One technique I use for water with lots of "floaties" is to stretch some mesh from women's hose over the opening to the water container. This works better with wide-mouthed container...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Water Concerns in Ultralight
February 20, 4:04pm

Re: Re: Re: MLD updated
I like the new site layout as well. I know Ron's going to be introducing more products in the next month or so, but one thing that worries me a little is the disappearance of the super tarps a...

In GEAR » MLD updated
February 06, 9:48am

Re: Re: Hard Rocks and hard choices
I have the wide version of the Hardrocks (size 10.5) and it made all the difference for me - I have an old toe injury on my left foot that causes it to be wider than normals. I've also just bo...

In Gear Lists » buying a bigger shoes for PCT??
January 22, 9:59am

Re: Re: JMT Unresupplied Attempt Pack List
The only thing I would question is the need for river shoes. You have breathable running shoes as footwear, and your going to be crossing a lot of rivers/streams. Do you need to change footwear to...

In Gear Lists » JMT Unresupplied Attempt Pack List
January 11, 8:50am

Re: PCT Footware
Thanks for all your replies. Looks like the Hardrocks will be a safe choice for me. Has anyone had experience with the Montrail Vitesse? They're pretty light and seem to have a little more su...

In Gear Lists » PCT Footware
December 11, 1:20pm

Anyone currently using one of the new ULA backpacks?
I'm in the market for a new pack to handle 25-40lb loads, and am considering the ULA Catalyst and Circuit. My average pack weight will be in the mid 20's, but on occasion I'll need to ...

In GEAR » Anyone currently using one of the new ULA backpacks?
December 07, 11:46am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Making a sleeping system warmer
Similarly to Glenn, I use a 40 degree bag (Marmot Atom) and supplement it with additional clothes. I wear Possumdown socks, Sahalie tights, and drape my WM Flight Jacket over me as a torso quilt. ...

In Gear Lists » Making a sleeping system warmer
December 07, 11:38am

Re: how close did you get?
I got to do a lot of firsts for me this year: 1. Transitioning from GoreTex boots to trail runners (a great decision) 2. Visiting the spots in Sierra National Forest that I was driven out of...

In Philosophy & Technique » how close did you get?
December 05, 2:26pm

PCT Footware
I'm planning for an 07 PCT thru-hike and am trying to figure out what to do about shoes. My regular hiking shoes are Montrail Hardrocks and my feet seem to fit the Montrail shape. I'm convinced b...

In Gear Lists » PCT Footware
December 04, 3:36pm

All Reader Reviews by Graeme Finley

Graeme Finley has posted no reviews.