Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Erik G (fox212) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale THE Bay Area :)
About Me I've been backpacking a long time, and started trying to go ultralight over the past year or so. I'm always trying to refine my gear list to improve comfort and enjoyment while also reducing weight, volume, and number of items carried. I love the simplicity of a minimal kit. I also enjoy making and modifying my own gear.
CityDanville
StateCA
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear List3-Season Gear list as of 09-2013

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Erik G

Showing 41 - 50 of 122 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Forum » Thread

Talon 44 M/L
I have a black Talon 44 in M/L size (last generation). It is lightly used, but in great condition. I removed the "stow on the go" trekking pole holder system, but I believe I still have a...

In Gear Swap » WTB: Osprey: Aether 60 (4th gen.) or Talon 44
January 27, 1:12pm

Good material for MYOG cuben tent prototype
Hey all, I'm in the process of designing a cuben fiber solo shelter (CT2K.08, .74oz/sqyd). I am looking for a relatively inexpensive material to make prototypes from. I'm looking for som...

In Make Your Own Gear » Good material for MYOG cuben tent prototype
January 26, 2:36pm

ALL ITEMS SOLD
All items are sold to Lizz!

In Gear Swap » FS/FT: Hyperlite Mountain Gear Echo II tarp+beak (green), Yama Mountain Gear custom Bug Shelter
January 09, 1:54pm

Echo 2 tarp and beak
I still have my Echo 2 tarp and beak for sale. Email me with any questions you have - ejgranstrom at gmail dot com. I just responded to your post on my FS thread as well: http://www.backpacki...

In Gear Swap » Wanted Cuben tarp/tent eg zpacks or Echo 2
January 09, 11:45am

Re: Echo 2 tarp
Hi Lizz, Yes, the tarp and beak are still available! PM or email me with any questions you have - ejgranstrom at gmail dot com

In Gear Swap » FS/FT: Hyperlite Mountain Gear Echo II tarp+beak (green), Yama Mountain Gear custom Bug Shelter
January 09, 11:31am

Price Drop
Prices dropped! Also feel free to contact me with offers/trades. Happy New Year!

December 31, 9:41am

Re: Skyscape X
Thank you John, I'll keep that in mind if I sell my shelter. Thanks for the heads up.

December 10, 9:27am

FS/FT: Hyperlite Mountain Gear Echo II tarp+beak (green), Yama Mountain Gear custom Bug Shelter
***ALL ITEMS SOLD*** -Hyperlite Mountain Gear Echo II tarp and beak in olive drab. Not sure how different this color is from the current "spruce green" option; I ordered mine back when...

December 09, 2:06pm

Gravity filling of bladders
I HATE trying to wrestle a water bladder, empty or full, into or out of a full backpack. I've found that it is not necessary though to fill it up with a gravity filter setup (or a pump filter f...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » What is your hydration system using the Sawyer Mini filter?
June 02, 5:44pm

Great pics
Really great pics, Bob, and in a beautiful area. I loved hiking out of Mineral King...except for Sawtooth Pass of course. "I don't think that you want to go _up_ Sawtooth Pass..." ...

In Post-Trip Reports » California: Sequoia National Park
May 22, 9:58am

All Reader Reviews by Erik G

Erik G has posted no reviews.