BPL Community Profile

Erik G (fox212) - BPL Guest

My Locale THE Bay Area :)
About Me I've been backpacking a long time, and started trying to go ultralight over the past year or so. I'm always trying to refine my gear list to improve comfort and enjoyment while also reducing weight, volume, and number of items carried. I love the simplicity of a minimal kit. I also enjoy making and modifying my own gear.
CityDanville
StateCA
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear List3-Season Gear list as of 09-2013

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Erik G

Showing 41 - 50 of 74 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Forum » Thread

Re: Cliff Notes
+1 to Rick M's request for a quick summary of the specs and if/how we could order one. I really want to get my hands on one of these stoves, but I really don't want to have to pay for an ar...

In Editor's Roundtable » The Evolution of a Winter Stove - Part 3
October 09, 3:35pm

Version 4
I really like V4 as well, especially that the side guy lines attach near the tops of the poles. I also like the overlapping door closure method and integrated bathtub floor. Not as modular as V3, b...

In GEAR » Zpacks Duplex?
October 04, 10:43am

Re: Comfort with Neoair
I've been using the Neoair Xlite Large, trimmed to ~60in, for my last couple of outings. I have found that it is slightly less comfortable than the Synmat UL7 LW I previously had. However, I ha...

In GEAR » Sleep comfort: Neoair Alternative?
October 04, 10:20am

Re: Google Doodle
Well isn't that ironic? :) +1 Happy Birthday Yosemite!

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Google's Doogle for today is a tribute to Yosemite National Park
October 01, 11:29am

Re: Golden Eagle vs Deer
Golden Eagles are truly amazing creatures. Could probably take out a full grown human...Pretty crazy videos and pics! I think this one takes the cake on Golden Eagle-badassness though...Predator...

In Chaff » Golden Eagle vs Deer
September 27, 3:25pm

Re: hiking music
I don't always listen to music while hiking, but when I do, I listen to METAL. \m/ Black Dahlia Murder and The Faceless are a couple of my all-time faves. :) Edit: I honestly neve...

In Chaff » Hiking Music:
September 27, 3:04pm

Re: The Road Froma Karakol
Wow, what an adventure!!! Loved the video. Dude is pretty funny too. :) Thanks for posting this!

In On the Web » The Road From Karakol
September 27, 1:42pm

Cool!
Very neat addition to the ZPacks lineup. I think the door idea is great. Less weight than zippers, good protection from wind and rain spray, and good ventilation even when doors are closed. I like ...

In GEAR » Zpacks Duplex?
September 27, 1:08pm

Yum
Sounds delicious! I love cooking in the backcountry. Especially a good, hearty breakfast. Good idea on freezing the eggs/meat/cheese in a ziplock. Also, if you can buy farm fresh eggs that haven...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » One pot breakfast burrito
September 27, 11:16am

thoughts/suggestions
What I do is use a larger bladder and just partially fill it. That way it maintains a slimmer profile when its in its sleeve. It works ok. I really haven't found ballooning of the bladder to be...

In GEAR » What water reservoir do you recommend?
September 27, 10:11am

All Reader Reviews by Erik G

Erik G has posted no reviews.