Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

mark henley (flash582) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale mark henley hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me mark henley has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear ListMarks 3 lb list - Good down to 40 degrees

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by mark henley

Showing 41 - 50 of 461 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ...47

Forum » Thread

Yet another Deionization of a Golite Ion
I had a vacation day free of Honeydoo's for a change, so I dug out the Ion and made a few mods ... The ION is laying on a new XP underquilt I made for my hammock as well ... I ditched the...

In Make Your Own Gear » The Deionization of a Golite Ion Backpack
November 20, 2:13pm

Best Undies
Cuben Thong!

In GEAR » Best Undies?
November 06, 4:51pm

yard vs sailmakers yard
Just make sure it's a standard yard ... most Kite material is sold by the sailmakers yard.

In Make Your Own Gear » 1/2 oz. Polycarbonate Coated Ripstop Polyester
November 06, 4:49pm

Re: Bill Fornshell
Up there only referred to the relative position of this thread in relation to the MYOG thread ..... sorry for the scare. Bill ... it's always a pleasure to "hear" your words. Mark

In Philosophy & Technique » Ultralight Backpacking Ethically (UBE)
October 24, 6:09pm

Materials for Sustainable hiking
The magic fabric your most likely looking for would be silk ... in lots of different weights. SUL gear can and has been made from silk, just look up in the make gear forum. Bill up there has eve...

In Philosophy & Technique » Ultralight Backpacking Ethically (UBE)
October 24, 1:00am

69 and the JMT
69 isn't old anymore .... when you get to 89 you may have to look at supported trips instead of unsupported. As they say, It's not the years, it's the miles. That is, as long as you ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » JMT speed record attempt
October 19, 5:32pm

Shooting in the Ding
Hummm ... shooting a Bear in the Ding Dong .... I can see a whole new thread coming out of that one! New Bear defense tactic ..... only carry a .22 in the wilderness! Tell me, what reactio...

In GEAR » Ultralight Rifle
October 09, 11:29am

What size is the AMP?
What size?

In Gear Swap » FS: ULA Amp Pack. Excellent Condition
October 07, 3:02pm

Re: Thermodynamics - hehe
Sara ..... You should know better than to feed the Trolls. This post was obviously designed to be controversial and to stir people up ... and it worked for 9 whole pages worth. Alex, Ca...

In Philosophy & Technique » ULers Carrying an Extra 20-40 lbs - WHY?!
September 17, 7:00pm

Bugs
One night here in Texas my son and I pitched our Tarptent and climbed in to sleep ... in the morning I looked out and the ground looked like it was moving ... I've never seen so many spiders...

In Philosophy & Technique » ultralight minimalism and scorpions
September 17, 6:25pm

All Reader Reviews by mark henley

Showing 1 - 9 of 9 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Snow Peak 600
This cup is big enough to cook in for a solo person, a huge cup of java, or it's great for just boiling water. I use a piece of simple foil for a lid and it works amazingly well on a Snowpeak Giga...

In Cookware - Titanium
February 22, 8:34am

Thru-hiker Liberty Ridge Shell
I have made a few sewing projects, several quilts, and about a zillion stuff sacks, but this was the first time I attempted a piece of clothing. The pattern that AYCE provides is very well thought ...

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
February 22, 8:29am

White Box Alcohol Stove
This little stove ROCKS! I'm in agreement that it needs a primer pan, but other than that, I actually melted my windscreen when it got too close to the cup. It's like firing up a blowto...

In Stoves - Alcohol
February 22, 8:23am

Muscle Milk Cookies and Cream
For years I've heard hikers talk about carrying a protein suplement along on trips to ensure that they don't sacrifice muscle while hiking. Most people who have ever tried a protein powdere...

In Foods - Energy Bars, Gels, and Drinks
February 21, 2:51pm

Pacific Outdoor Products Insul Mat Max-Thermo
15 ounces of pure, 2.5 inch thick, heavenly sleeping bliss. I have a Max Compact, several thermarests, a Full length Max thermo, and several types of closed cell pads in my gear closet. This is withou...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
February 21, 2:41pm

Gregory G pack
I bought two of these packs, one for myself and one for my wife. After two years of use the packs have held up well, but we have both found that the load rating is VERY optimistic ... The pack beco...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
January 03, 2:27pm

Montbell Super Stretch Down Hugger #3
I've been backpacking seriously for about 4 years now, not including my Scouting days of yesteryear. This is my first Down bag as I've always used synthetics in the past. I've used the bag...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
January 03, 2:21pm

Sawyer In-Line Filter
This Filter weighs in at 2 oz and once installed it has a very small impact on flow rate from the hydration tube/bite valve. I'm using it in conjunction with a Platypus hydration setup and you get...

In Hydration - Water Treatment
January 03, 2:12pm

Ray Way quilt one person - standard
Fantastic instructions ... I had never used a sewing machine before. I ordered the Ray Way stow bag kit and made it as my first project. The Quilt was a great second project. The instructions were ...

In Sleeping Bags - Quilts & Top Bags
January 04, 3:09pm