Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Kyle Purcell (dufus934) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale North Texas
About Me I'm a Bible believing follower of Christ. I've been backpacking for about 15 years now. A few of things that I'm really interested in are making my own gear, survival techniques and gear. I have a lot of questions and a few answers.
CityDallas
StateTexas
CountryUnited States
My Website URLhttp://www.uriahthevagabond.wordpress.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Kyle Purcell

Showing 41 - 50 of 174 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

Forum » Thread

Re: RAB topbag AR - cheap but heavy
Mike, So which bag did you end up going with. It looks like I was a little to optimistic (and my ignorance is showing) about the RAB Top Bag, because I am looking for a bag that'll be comfor...

In GEAR » RAB Top Bag Questions
January 08, 5:00pm

Thanks
Thank y'all. That is exactly what I wanted to know.

January 08, 3:18pm

RAB Top Bag Questions
I came across this bag on the internet, and had never heard of this company. Does anyone have any experience with them or this bag? Also, I know there is some kind of formula for computing a ...

January 08, 1:49pm

Bag or Quilt
So since there have been some good bag companies thrown out there, here's another question. How do you decide between a bag and a quilt? In Arkansas where the coldest it usually gets is mid 2...

In GEAR » New Bag Help
January 06, 9:39am

Re: bags
The Nunatak quilts look awesome! It looks like their ARC line are just quilts by a different name. Is Western Mountaineering considered a small company? I have a Highlight, and love it. How...

In GEAR » New Bag Help
January 06, 8:10am

Ah...
Haha, thanks for pointing out the mistake guys. I did misunderstand that. So, what are some other "mom and pop" companies out there that make good bags?

In GEAR » New Bag Help
January 05, 12:54pm

Re: Valandre Bloody Mary
I looked at these bags on their website, and they look pretty nice at first glace. I do have one question though. The description says that the bag has 3 collar options that make it useable for 1...

In GEAR » New Bag Help
January 05, 12:03pm

New Bag Help
I'm considering getting a new winter bag, but there are just to many choices out there. I know there are millions of opinions out there, but keeping in mind weight, price, and temp rating (abo...

In GEAR » New Bag Help
January 05, 11:18am

Awesome
Brad, Great job! Sounds like a pretty easy project with some good weight savings. This makes me want to bring the sewing machine out of hiding.

In Make Your Own Gear » Heat Sealing
January 05, 11:15am

Don't see why not
I don't see why this wouldn't work. As long as you didn't need much time to cook it. Sounds like you would have about 10 min of cook time with the 1 oz of fuel. That should be enough...

In Make Your Own Gear » Beer Can Stove Questions
January 05, 11:12am

All Reader Reviews by Kyle Purcell

Kyle Purcell has posted no reviews.