BPL Community Profile

Dirk Rabdau (dirk9827) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Dirk Rabdau has not added a biography yet.
StateWashington

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dirk Rabdau

Showing 41 - 50 of 657 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ...66

Forum » Thread

Re: My first hiking shoes
Find the shoe that works for you. Then weep bitterly when they change the design or discontinue the model in a year or so. Seriously, I agree that shoes are an incredibly personal decision. I li...

In GEAR » My first hiking shoes!
March 25, 7:26pm

Re: JMT in July
Your list looks pretty good to me - I hiked it in June once - will do so again. I carried similar gear, worked fine. The cold-weather bag came in handy in June when it dropped into the low teens a ...

In Gear Lists » JMT in July
March 25, 1:56am

Re: Heet and Denatured Alcohol
I've mixed the two - I didn't notice any difference. Dirk

In GEAR » Heet and Denatured Alcohol Question...
March 22, 12:19am

Re: Pacific Crest Trail - Fundraiser for Hiker Heaven
Ken - I completely agree - getting cleaned up is one of the great joys of a town stop. Dirk

In Chaff » Pacific Crest Trail - Fundraiser for Hiker Heaven
March 18, 2:21pm

Pacific Crest Trail - Fundraiser for Hiker Heaven
Hello former, current and future PCT hikers (or anyone who supports clean laundry) - Most of your may be familiar with the Saufleys and Hiker Heaven, that fabulous trail angel oasis along the Pa...

In Chaff » Pacific Crest Trail - Fundraiser for Hiker Heaven
March 18, 12:50pm

Re: Cost of a small camera
The discussion regarding cost is quite valid - like Chris pointed out, some of these smaller cameras have less capabilities at a much higher price point than existing dSLRs. And this does make some...

In Photography » Decisions Decisions... m4/3 vs NEX
March 11, 5:42pm

Re: New Olympus
I would concur that the latest round of m4/3rds and Sony offerings are quite nice. The edge on lenses right now belongs to the m4/3rds crowd, but Sony has so much financial backing I could see them...

In Photography » Decisions Decisions... m4/3 vs NEX
March 07, 10:21pm

Re: Flip Flop Flippin Appalachian Trail theatrical premier in Portland, Oregon
Hey Ken, always good to get an endorsement for a hearty North Coaster. I used to live in Humboldt County and miss the place very much (well, not so much the fog and wind, but the hiking and sea kay...

In On the Web » "Flip Flop Flippin" Appalachian Trail theatrical premier in Portland, Oregon
March 05, 10:38pm

"Flip Flop Flippin" Appalachian Trail theatrical premier in Portland, Oregon
Hey all, if you live in the general area of Portland, Oregon: the West Coast Theatrical Premiere of "Flip Flop Flippin: One Man's Search for Characters on the A.T." will take place Sa...

In On the Web » "Flip Flop Flippin" Appalachian Trail theatrical premier in Portland, Oregon
March 05, 9:49pm

Re: Lint
He really cleaned up well - but he did a fantastic job espousing the UL philosophy. I especially liked the remark about "people packing their fears."

In GEAR » Oregon Public Broadcasting Ultralight Backpacking Video
March 05, 5:07pm

All Reader Reviews by Dirk Rabdau

Dirk Rabdau has posted no reviews.