BPL Community Profile

Daniel Goldenberg (dag4643) - BPL Guest

My Locale Pacific Northwet
About Me Daniel Goldenberg has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear ListSummer Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Daniel Goldenberg

Showing 41 - 50 of 889 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ...89

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: North America versus Europe, the decimal point
Purple = beacon of hope, oasis, etc.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » North America versus Europe, the decimal point
September 11, 5:17pm

Degrees Centigrade
What makes no sense is the Centigrade scale, with "normal" winter temps (not really that cold) in lots of places being a negative number.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » North America versus Europe, the decimal point
September 10, 2:01pm

Re: pack for hiking/biking/travel
Goruck Gr1 Especially if you want to carry laptop, books, etc and want something useful for travel. Main disadvantage is no water bottle pocket, pricey, and not ultralight.

In GEAR » Pack for small trips/travel/biking
September 10, 9:53am

Re: So, what gun ?
I posted last April fools about wanting to lighten my shaving kit on the trail. It was itemized and was about 2 lbs. There where many that took it seriously lol.

In Chaff » So, what gun ?
September 02, 10:07pm

Re: Re: Re: Ultralight A to Z Gear Videos
According to the page the initial goal was met but has now been changed to 300 backers. There are I think 176 backers now. Not sure if that means the project is on hold. On another totally unrel...

In GEAR » Ultralight A to Z Gear Videos
August 16, 3:15pm

Re: Re: Re: seat post rack
I thought the standard setup for water was a bladder in a backpack. A small backpack is pretty standard equip for bikepackers. For extra capacity (desert riding) a large bladder in s large triangul...

In Editor's Roundtable » Rackless Carry Systems for Lightweight Bikepacking
August 15, 9:47am

Re: pre-cooking tortillas?
You didn't mention what cooking method you are using but I've made tacos/burritos while camping and I just heat/toast the tortillas directly over the flame of a canister stove on low heat m...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » pre-cooking tortillas?
August 13, 11:32am

Re: Re: Insomnia
One thing I forgot to add about the midnite stuff, I've tried just plain mellatonin in the past and never really got very good results with it, but this stuff seems to work much better. Somethi...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » backcountry insomnia
August 10, 1:22pm

Re: Insomnia
I use this stuff and it works pretty good: http://www.midnitesleep.com/ main ingredient is mellatonin but it's combined with a couple of other natural ingredients that in combination seems to...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » backcountry insomnia
August 10, 10:49am

Re: Ikea Travel Pillow
HI Ryan, Did you find the pillow in the travel section also (where the luggage is?) Also, is it a neck pillow? Thanks!

In GEAR » Ul pillows that don't feel like a ballon
August 08, 9:05am

All Reader Reviews by Daniel Goldenberg

Showing 1 - 10 of 10 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Ultralight Outdoor Gear (UK) Various
In Great Britain. Excellent selection of goods. This review is written from the perspective of somebody living in the USA. While a majority of the products will be available in the USA, there are many...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
July 26, 7:17pm

Six Moon Designs Serenity NetTent
This is an initial review based on setting up the shelter in my backyard. The Serenity NetTent is a fully enclosed bug shelter with integrated floor designed for use with the gatewood cape, or as a st...

In Shelters - Tarps & Floorless
March 14, 9:29am

Backcountry.com
I've ordered many times from backcountry.com, and a few times from their outlet (steepandcheap.com) and had great service. The shipping is super fast. On a Wednesday night I placed an order, Thurs...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
August 18, 8:11am

RailRiders Adventure Shirt
This is a real nice shirt for hot weather. I also own the eco mesh shirt and I like this one better since you can roll up the sleeves better. There are a few things I don't like however: 1. ...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
April 09, 11:17am

Zeiss Mini Quick
A 5x10 monocular. 0.7 oz. The size of a large pen. Clips to your shirt pocket. A pair of binoculars would be nice to have but the lightest pairs are about 1/2 lb, so a bit of a luxury for the ultralig...

In Miscellaneous Products
November 04, 9:35pm

Java Juice Coffee Extract
This stuff is really great! I'm primarily an espresso drinker and don't like most drip coffee. This stuff to me tastes better than drip coffee, even that made from good fresh beans. Up till now I've b...

In Foods - Energy Bars, Gels, and Drinks
February 22, 6:55pm

GU Energy Gel
This stuff actually works great. Unlike energy bars, these are easily and quickly digested and give you a pretty quick energy boost. They are just the thing to get you going when the energy is getting...

In Foods - Energy Bars, Gels, and Drinks
August 09, 9:10pm

Photon Freedom Micro (White)
This latest version is just awsome, it puts out a lot of light for it's size. The light currently seems to be packaged with the optional clip (a $4.95 value). The clip really is a de-rigour item. ...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
August 09, 8:58pm

Smartwool Microweight Fitted T
I've long been a fan of wool for cooler weather but this is the first wool garment I've been able to wear in really hot weather. Well made with a good fit. breathes well. I honestly can't think of ...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
August 09, 9:20am

Granite Gear Airspace Stuffsacks
These are silnylon stuffsacks but rectangular shaped and with a zipper down the middle. They are like a men's toiletry bag but made with ultralight materials. The nylon is kind of a translucent white ...

In Miscellaneous Products
August 04, 9:03am