Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Doug Smith (Jedi5150) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Central CA
About Me LEO K9 handler, with SAR, EMS background.
StateCalifornia

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug Smith

Showing 41 - 50 of 286 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ...29

Forum » Thread

EE quilts
Thanks for the great info you guys. I think I'm going to have to get two EE quilts. The top quilt I want to get big enough to use for a ground camping quilt as well. In fact, I may end up ge...

In Hammocks » Underquilt for the Sierras
February 11, 12:44am

Re: UQP
Jeremy, for some reason, with all the reading up I've been doing on various quilt makers, I skipped EE. After reading Trace's reply to this thread I looked them up. Now I've read more...

February 10, 1:21pm

Re: Underquilt for the Sierras
Thanks for the comments, Steven. I've been looking at the socks as well, and it's great to hear more satisfied comments regarding them. From what I've read so far, everyone who has us...

February 08, 8:43pm

Dog and owner
Great photos everyone! Tony, Denise is the name of the dog owner (I remembered it well because that is my wife's name). Her dog is named "Zarah"??? not sure on the spelling.

In Photo Gallery » 6th Annual Gathering of Gear Geeks 2014: Henry Coe State Park, California
February 03, 9:59pm

Underquilt
Thanks everyone. It sounds like the consensus is for 20* full length, and that suits my needs nicely. I'd rather be too warm than not warm enough. I'll continue checking out the brands an...

February 03, 8:55pm

Re: Re: Underquilt
Thanks Andrew and David, that helps a lot. I'm starting to realize how lucky I've been on my summer Sierra backpacking trips. On my last trip, I took my 40* synthetic quilt that I just us...

February 01, 2:58pm

Underquilt for the Sierras
Hello all, I just purchased my first hammock, and I can't wait to get it and give it a shot. After seeing Doug I's Warbonnet Blackbird at GGG, I fell in love with it. I'd been on the ...

February 01, 12:39pm

Re: 6th Annual G.G.G. 1/24-26 2014
"... Then my 8-year-old said, "I miss how I can hear him always typing on the computer and saying "Blah blah blah, this backpack has a lot of pockets blah blah blah." Steve...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » 6th Annual G.G.G. 1/24-26 2014
January 28, 10:29pm

Re: Names
Kat, it was nice meeting you as well. Don't feel bad about names at all. There were a lot of people there and way too many names to remember. I figure this was just year one for me, hopefull...

January 26, 11:56pm

Re: Back from the GGG
my friend Adam, and I also were only able to stay Friday night, and hike out Saturday. Ken, thanks for organizing such a great event. I'm sure that a lot of work went into it, and it is much ...

January 26, 12:46pm

All Reader Reviews by Doug Smith

Doug Smith has posted no reviews.