Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Doug Smith (Jedi5150) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Central CA
About Me LEO K9 handler, with SAR, EMS background.
StateCalifornia

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug Smith

Showing 41 - 50 of 353 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ...36

Forum » Thread

Soulo?
Hey Eric, so how is adding two crossing poles to a single pole design different than the Soulo? I get that your X-poles are underneath the fly, but that seems more cumbersome. If the goal is to...

In GEAR » Hilleberg Tent thread
January 04, 2:11am

Trekking poles and multi-over-use
I just came to a realization that if I got a shelter (ie: tarp) that uses trekking poles for support, I am limiting myself with photography (or vice versa). The Trailpix tripod thing uses your tre...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » I'm converted to light wieght
January 03, 10:41pm

X-lite
I see this thread is about the X-Lite, but I can't help but wonder why they didn't make it like the X-Therm. With my X-Therm, the stuff sack it comes with is also the "pump". It...

In GEAR » Best way to inflate neoair xlite
January 03, 10:08pm

Anjan 2
Ryan, great looking tent, you got it in the right color. ;-) I really like how the outer tent fabric now goes all the way to the ground. Staking in frozen ground is not easy, nor are getting t...

In GEAR » Hilleberg Tent thread
January 03, 6:10pm

Atoms SV
Boy, you sure have great taste in gear Stephen! ;-) An Arc'teryx Atom SV is one of the two shortest items on my short list. I was just showing my wife why I "needed" one online...

In GEAR » What is the best lightweight synthetic parka to buy and why?
January 03, 6:00pm

Re: Re: Bottle container for hot liquid
I've never done the hot water bottle in the bag thing. Can someone give me an idea of how long the water will actually stay warm for? A couple hours? or most of the night? If it's only g...

In GEAR » Bottle container for hot liquid
January 03, 3:15am

Re: Evolution Valley?
Thanks Dan, I'll add that one to my list to check out.

In Pre-Trip Planning » Help me find the "flat" spots in the High Sierra ;-)
January 03, 3:03am

Setting sun
I like your style Bob, you're thinking along the right lines. I'm trying to pre-plan possible spots for landscape photography. And yes, that would be very nice if they did. ;-)

January 03, 12:10am

Moose Lake
Thanks Paul, I just looked up moose lake and Table Meadows. Ralph, hahahaha...well played. That's what I get for not being descriptive enough. Bob, You're mostly right. ;-) But ...

January 02, 11:28pm

Help me find the "flat" spots in the High Sierra ;-)
Hello all, I love spending time on Google Earth, my topo maps, etc., daydreaming about trips and trying to picture topography. But it's still different than hearing from folks who have actuall...

January 02, 8:57pm

All Reader Reviews by Doug Smith

Doug Smith has posted no reviews.