BPL Community Profile

Christopher Mills (Hiker816) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Denver
About Me Christopher Mills has not added a biography yet.
CityDenver
StateCA
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Christopher Mills

Showing 41 - 50 of 149 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Quick question PCT Permit
"Mount Whitney is not on the PCT, but it is close. Everybody who enters the Mount Whitney Zone must have a Mount Whitney permit of some kind, one way or the other." I'm pretty sure...

In GEAR » Quick question PCT Permit
February 01, 6:20pm

Re: PCT shoes help
I also really like the La Sportiva Wildcat. I can think of only one downside to them, which is that Kahtoola Microspikes won't stay put on them very well because the toe isn't pointy enoug...

In GEAR » PCT shoes help
January 27, 8:04pm

Re: Running Shorts
Right now, I wear Asics 2 in 1 running shorts. The inner liner is sort of a boxer brief style and is very thin and fairly snug fitting. Before I found these shorts, I had chafing issues on my upp...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Running Shorts
January 26, 1:24pm

Re: Hipbelt Pockets
I understand the argument as to using pants pockets instead of hipbelt pockets, but I disagree, at least for long distance hiking. Within a couple weeks, anything with any weight or hard edges wil...

In GEAR » Packs, Packs, Packs
January 21, 10:38am

Re: Another PCT Gear Review
Thanks for the accolades, everyone. I'm glad it was helpful. Just so I don't mislead anyone, I should add that I was pretty careful with the NeoAir. I used a GG thinlite pad underneath...

In GEAR » Another PCT Gear Review
December 19, 10:32am

Re: Wildcat sizing, sole shape & wear
I get a little paranoid about injury on a long hike, so I haven't actually taken any of my shoes to failure. I generally hike with one pair until I notice that they aren't as comfortable a...

December 18, 9:58pm

Re: Aluminum Tubing
There is a wide selection on ebay. If you don't find exactly what you're looking for there, send a message to one of the sellers that deals in things of that kind. I've found exactly ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Aluminum Tubing
December 16, 7:14pm

Re: "Another PCT Gear Review"
"Do you think there is a benefit to those gloves over, say, biking gloves?" It probably depends on what kind of biking gloves you're talking about, but the coolibar gloves are real...

December 08, 10:45pm

Another PCT Gear Review
I set out to hike the PCT this last summer. The plan was for my wife to join me for the second half. Turns out she doesn't really like thru-hiking all that much. Thus, my hike ended prematur...

December 08, 11:38am

Re: Bending Aluminum Rod for Pack Stay
I did the same thing last spring. See this thread . I used 1/4" 7075-T6 aluminum rod. I bent it with a cheap tube bender. I broke the first tube bender, but finished the job with a slig...

In Make Your Own Gear » Bending Aluminum Rod for a Pack Stay
November 24, 10:21am

All Reader Reviews by Christopher Mills

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

RailRiders Adventure Shirt
I'm also a huge fan of the RR Adventure shirt. I've used it on a couple PCT thru-hikes and many smaller trips and it is the most versatile article of clothing I've ever used. I took two ...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
April 02, 7:50am