Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Nick Gatel (ngatel) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Southern California
About Me Started backpacking in the 1960's and still going strong.
CityPalm Springs
My Website URL
My PDF Gear ListSub 4 lb

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nick Gatel

Showing 3991 - 4000 of 5800 | Page: 1 ...391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 ...580

Forum » Thread

Re: Creating an ALL USA MADE UL Gear List
Is the Packa made in the US? Also the TrailLite rain gear is made here I think.

In GEAR » Creating an ALL USA MADE UL Gear List
April 12, 5:55pm

Re: Eleven Years Old on the PCT
This just really cool!! Hats off to Eric for a great attitude about all that has happened, and to his daughter who sounds like an absolute gem. Since BPL is sponsoring this, how about setting up...

In Editor's Roundtable » Eleven Years Old on the PCT
April 12, 5:49pm

Re: "So Cal BPLers -- 3rd annual San Jacinto Loop"
Brandon, I will put you down for the last slot. As we move forward if anyone drops out I will post it ASAP.

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » So Cal BPLers -- 3rd annual San Jacinto Loop
April 12, 4:27pm

Re: Limits of the Caldera Cone?
Contact Trail Designs. They have a cone system compatible with - Evernew 1.2 L Pot (ECA184) - Evernew 1.3 L Pot (ECA253, ECA418, ECA423) - Evernew 1.9L Short Ti Pot (ECA424, ECA419)

In GEAR » Limits of the Caldera Cone?
April 12, 4:05pm

Re: Re: Tensioners
Bob, Do you have pictures or a link to the .5 gram metal tensioners? That would be a 29% weight reduction versus the plastic micro-tensioners.

In Philosophy & Technique » Learning how to pitch a tarp
April 12, 11:47am

Re: Melting Snow with Jetboil
"Similarly water is solid at 32F, but not all solid water is 32F, it can be much colder." Right. But Jim said the snow was soft and slushy. I don't know the answer, but it seems th...

In GEAR » Melting Snow with Jetboil
April 12, 11:44am

Re: Melting Snow with Jetboil
Question -- The temperature of the snow on this trip would be 32F right? If so, why not pack a lot of snow around the canisters? That would keep it at 32F correct? In winter I have used sever...

In GEAR » Melting Snow with Jetboil
April 12, 11:31am

Re: Excellent review
Yes, great review. Thom, Kudos to the innovation on your part. In the past, with really light packs, I sometimes carry it on one shoulder and just switch from side to side. It is really helpf...

In GEAR » 24 Hours with the TrailLite Designs Bandoleer Pack
April 12, 11:17am

Hi Bob - The two little tensions on the right are the same, just different angles. Yes they are .71 grams each. They have held up so far, but I am skeptical that they will last a long time, bein...

In Philosophy & Technique » Learning how to pitch a tarp
April 12, 10:42am

Re: Re: General tips

In GEAR » What to wear for mount whotney
April 12, 2:52am

All Reader Reviews by Nick Gatel

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

BPL Beartooth Merino Wool Hoody
Cool enough in 82F weather, warm in cool weather. Hood replaces light cap and light baclava. One piece of gear replaces several single items! Sizing is not 'standard.' But... if you review ...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
March 09, 11:38pm

ULA Equipment
5/5 It seems that from earlier reviews, ULA has solved the communication issues with the addition of Casey to the staff, which must have solved that void. Not only was the communication great (t...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
February 23, 1:49am