Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Nick Gatel (ngatel) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Southern California
About Me Started backpacking in the 1960's and still going strong.
CityPalm Springs
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.popupbackpacker.com
My PDF Gear ListSub 4 lb

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nick Gatel

Showing 3981 - 3990 of 5517 | Page: 1 ...390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 ...552

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Re: 9.0
The tsunami did not hit the entire country, but it was massive. Remember the Richert scale is base-10 log scale. The aftershocks are nearly the same magnatitude as the Sylmar quake and other des...

In Chaff » Japan Earthquake
March 13, 10:21pm

Re: Re: TARPTENT OR SIX MOON DESIGNS
Well done, Doug! :)

In GEAR » TARPTENT OR SIX MOON DESIGNS
March 13, 9:53pm

Re: Re: Re: The Limitations of "isms" -- @ Tom
"We've always been taught (thanks to Adam Smith) that letting individuals make their own financial decisions will lead to the benefit of the entire society as a whole." Society is ...

In Chaff » Buying Chinese Goods
March 13, 9:48pm

Ben-isms
Ben, Some very thoughtful posts. I too am a student of history. Probably one of the most important subjects in education, and life-long continuing education. History can help analyze the past...

March 13, 9:36pm

Re: Showing All 92 Pages...
Ben, You just need a faster computer and bandwidth.

In Chaff » The Carbon Flame War
March 13, 6:32pm

Re: Nick
Its a ULA Conduit. That picture is a few years old, I should put something else up there. Would a picture of Lady Gaga enhance my image?

March 13, 8:24am

Re: Back on Topic
Kevin, I remember the Japanese "junk" even before transistor radios. The stuff was a joke. And then later, I remember some of the best camera and stereo equipment came from Japan. Actu...

March 13, 8:18am

Re: Flame throwers at the ready....@Nick
Tom, My post was not about me. It was about poverty in America. It was about poor people, the good, the bad, and the indifferent. It was about my statement that in America, people do not have to...

March 13, 8:08am

@ Tom
Tom, Calm down, you are going to have a heart attack. Lets keep this on a conversational level. The comments about Scandinavia was in response to their high tax rate and excellent society. ...

March 13, 6:48am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Buying Carbon from China
Bob, Agree.

March 12, 4:04pm

All Reader Reviews by Nick Gatel

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

BPL Beartooth Merino Wool Hoody
Cool enough in 82F weather, warm in cool weather. Hood replaces light cap and light baclava. One piece of gear replaces several single items! Sizing is not 'standard.' But... if you review ...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
March 09, 11:38pm

ULA Equipment
5/5 It seems that from earlier reviews, ULA has solved the communication issues with the addition of Casey to the staff, which must have solved that void. Not only was the communication great (t...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
February 23, 1:49am