Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Nick Gatel (ngatel) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Southern California
About Me Started backpacking in the 1960's and still going strong.
CityPalm Springs
My Website URL
My PDF Gear ListSub 4 lb

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nick Gatel

Showing 3981 - 3990 of 5800 | Page: 1 ...390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 ...580

Forum » Thread

Re: all-purpose shirt for wind also
Eric, I think this can get really complicated with all the possible combinations. I like wind shirts. I had a Montbell that I did not particularly like, but many times it did its job. My new Hou...

In GEAR » all-purpose shirt for wind also
April 13, 9:28am

Re: Worried about China?
Interesting video. Here is an article from this week's Automotive News: Automotive News -- April 11, 2011 - 12:01 am ET After two years of spectacular growth, China's auto market i...

In Chaff » Worried about China?
April 13, 8:09am

Re: Warranty Issue - Gear Swap
Depends on the manufacturer. Some don't even ask, and others are unwilling to stray from their warranty policy. Many of the products on gear swap are well built and have reputation for quality ...

In GEAR » Warranty Issue - Gear Swap
April 13, 7:32am

Re: Mica
The Mica is a fine shell but personally I don't think it has what I need for some of the trips I plan on doing (Alaska for example). The 2.5 layer Membrain fabric just does not seem like it wou...

In GEAR » I need a good rain jacket
April 12, 9:27pm

Re: I need a good rain jacket
Ryan, What limitations of the Mica do you hope to overcome?

In GEAR » I need a good rain jacket
April 12, 9:06pm

On the Beach
"but really enjoyed the flick years ago." It was a great movie, IMO, but I can't exactly say I enjoyed it. I walked around depressed for days. -------------------- Yes rather...

In Chaff » US Considers Stationing Troops in Australia
April 12, 9:02pm

Re: Nick Question
Just went out to the garage to see exactly what I bought: 1/8" X 25" X 74" - 2.2 oz Padded Ground sheet 1/2" X 19" X 44 " - 3.5oz Pack Frame Pad Both are great...

In GEAR » Lighter Closed Cell Pad
April 12, 8:56pm

Re: which one
I have worn a LTM6 almost exclusively for several years. It has worked great in all kinds of weather. I will admit that I have not tested in temperatures above 118F (47.78 C), so I cannot vouch for...

In GEAR » Tilley hat - which one?
April 12, 8:45pm

Re: base weight
Instead of base weight, I suggest it is better to think about the total weight you will be carrying to include food, water, and other consumables.

In GEAR » Need help choosing my "first" lightweight pack. Equinox katahdin, Granite Gear Virga or ULA OHM
April 12, 8:34pm

Re: Re: US Considers Stationing Troops in Australia
Way too far from home to take on a country that size, especially now that they have modernized to the point where they can effectively retaliate. The best we could hope for would be a Pyrrhic victo...

In Chaff » US Considers Stationing Troops in Australia
April 12, 6:03pm

All Reader Reviews by Nick Gatel

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

BPL Beartooth Merino Wool Hoody
Cool enough in 82F weather, warm in cool weather. Hood replaces light cap and light baclava. One piece of gear replaces several single items! Sizing is not 'standard.' But... if you review ...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
March 09, 11:38pm

ULA Equipment
5/5 It seems that from earlier reviews, ULA has solved the communication issues with the addition of Casey to the staff, which must have solved that void. Not only was the communication great (t...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
February 23, 1:49am