Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Greg Mihalik (greg23) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Colorado
About Me Hiker, biker, skier.
greg at smgm dot org

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Greg Mihalik

Showing 3981 - 3990 of 5229 | Page: 1 ...390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 ...523

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: TT Moment
"I had that problem with a Cuben tarp two summers ago in a driving Vermont thunderstorm. And I can definitely confirm it was misting, big time." I don't doubt you had 'misting&...

In GEAR » New shelter
January 21, 3:12pm

Re: Powerful super light pocket light
Batteries: IEC-LR41, 4-Pack, $7 +/-

In GEAR » Powerful super light pocket light
January 21, 9:36am

Re: trip announcements
Dave T - My Bad on the thread location. I didn't read down the list far enough - option 21 versus 23. Just to many choices. Kevin - Thanks for posting. It's good to see these plan...

In Post-Trip Reports » Skiing the JMT
January 21, 8:16am

Re: Re: Re: Re: 113g Inverted canister stove
"> With those legs sitting directly in the flame like that, I'd worry about CO emissions." Roger, What is the chemistry behind this issue? How do hot supports influence CO emi...

In Make Your Own Gear » 113g Inverted canister stove
January 21, 8:02am

Re: Re: Re: What about gloves?
"...my boots stayed dry, but even so, waking up in low single digits, were still frozen stiff..." I have filled my platy with hot water, and then put it in a boot to thaw and warm it, ...

In GEAR » drying cloths on the trail
January 20, 9:33pm

Re: What about gloves?
Mentioned elsewhere... rotate through two or three medium-weight, minimalistic, pair that can be dried "under your shirt".

In GEAR » drying cloths on the trail
January 20, 7:46pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Sierra Prime: Question for Kevin
Tom NBD. It's just that things are convoluted enough as it is. Hopefully Kevin will pick up.

In Editor's Roundtable » Sierra Prime: Off Trail in California's High Country
January 20, 7:16pm

Skiing the JMT
Kevin, You can't just dangle that out there and walk away....

In Post-Trip Reports » Skiing the JMT
January 20, 7:08pm

Re: Re: Sierra Prime: Question for Kevin
Skiing the JMT: in a new thread perhaps.... edit: ...and thread stub started in Trip Reports

In Editor's Roundtable » Sierra Prime: Off Trail in California's High Country
January 20, 6:39pm

Re: Rain Pants
"Commonly, rain pants will have a slit up the inside of the leg to the knee, and this is used for going on over boots. The slit has to be closed." Use a gusset, and velcro at the ankle.

In Make Your Own Gear » Rain Pants
January 20, 4:50pm

All Reader Reviews by Greg Mihalik

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Therm-a-Rest Neoair
This rating reflects use below 40° F. For summer use it could go much higher. I have wanted to try the Therm-A-Rest Neoair (72"), hoping it would be both light and warm. I've been thr...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
April 18, 10:35am

Petzl e+LITE
Just to get my experience into this thread here is a ...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
December 02, 7:00pm

Alpkit CarbonLite
Poor packing on my part resulted in a TD 12-10 stove getting a little squashed. I straightened it out as best possible and continued to use it for 8 more days, with no discernable loss of functionali...

In Trekking Poles
June 09, 6:23pm