BPL Community Profile

Greg Mihalik (greg23) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Colorado
About Me Hiker, biker, skier.
greg at smgm dot org

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Greg Mihalik

Showing 3981 - 3990 of 5135 | Page: 1 ...390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 ...514

Forum » Thread

Re: does it work as well and without mod?
EJ, The BA and the DAM have very different valves and matings. The DAM has a flapper valve 'socket' that receives the 'plug' of the inflation sack. In this image the DAM is oran...

In GEAR » BA Pumphouse Pad Pump versus Stephenson DAM Pad Pump?
November 09, 9:20pm

Re: What degree sleeping bag do you need?
Larry, A 20x20 "draft-stopper", like a chunk of fleece, or a "down curtain" sewn to the center of the top bag, parallel to the edge, will go a long way to increasing comfort. ...

In GEAR » What degree sleeping bag do you need?
November 09, 1:05pm

Re: The bear
It might have been brown in color, but if it was brown in name it would have made the 6PM news. So a black bear, I think.

In Chaff » My avatar
November 08, 6:50pm

Re: Re: Easy
That bozo probably did the same thing before he left for his 'hike'. NBD to him....

In Chaff » You sir, are a dumb$$$
November 08, 5:08pm

Re: Hammock Sleeping bag
Brady, Look here at the Speer's Peapod.

In Make Your Own Gear » Hammock Sleeping bag
November 08, 5:06pm

Re: filter
I think I stole this idea from John Haley, but I used 3 layers of NoSeem netting bonded in place with silicone. It is very effective.

In GEAR » What prefilter do you use with your chlorine drops?
November 08, 3:06pm

FS: Stephenson DAM 56
This is Stephenson's smallest Down Air Mat at 22" wide and 65" long. This DAM weighs 19.2 ounces and the stuffsack/pumpbag weighs 3.8 ounces. It is international orange. Additiona...

In Gear Swap » FS: Stephenson DAM 56
November 08, 1:32pm

Re: FS: Wide width hiking shoes (Salomon, Dunham)
PM sent for the Salomons.

In Gear Swap » FS: Wide width hiking shoes (Salomon, Dunham)
November 08, 11:43am

BPA: Containers - No. Credit Card Receipts – Yes
After returning from some outdoor forays I was getting caught up on some reading to discover --- "...the Warner Babcock Institute for Green Chemistry has released preliminary results showin...

In Chaff » BPA: Containers - No. Credit Card Receipts – Yes
November 08, 8:04am

Re: Re: PLBs are causing new problems
"I've always thought about getting a PLB JIC of poisonous bites/stings." Well, keep thinking. Resources and weather can easily push things to 24 hours. Your throat will close up...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » PLBs are causing new problems
October 27, 11:44am

All Reader Reviews by Greg Mihalik

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Therm-a-Rest Neoair
This rating reflects use below 40° F. For summer use it could go much higher. I have wanted to try the Therm-A-Rest Neoair (72"), hoping it would be both light and warm. I've been thr...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
April 18, 10:35am

Petzl e+LITE
Just to get my experience into this thread here is a ...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
December 02, 7:00pm

Alpkit CarbonLite
Poor packing on my part resulted in a TD 12-10 stove getting a little squashed. I straightened it out as best possible and continued to use it for 8 more days, with no discernable loss of functionali...

In Trekking Poles
June 09, 6:23pm