BPL Community Profile

Nick Gatel (ngatel) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Southern California
About Me Started backpacking in the 1960's and still going strong.
CityPalm Springs
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.popupbackpacker.com
My PDF Gear ListSub 4 lb

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nick Gatel

Showing 3971 - 3980 of 5379 | Page: 1 ...389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 ...538

Forum » Thread

re:
There are a couple important things about this trip... Timing: Too late in the spring and it is very hot in the desert sections. Too early in the spring and snow is a problem. Do it in the fall ...

In Post-Trip Reports » Skyline Trail – PCT – Jo Pond Loop
February 23, 1:30am

Re: Green Party
How officials are elected to Congress in the U.S. is determined by the Constitution (17th Amendment included). The authors of the Constitution made it extremely difficult to pass an amendment to...

In Chaff » Republican's attack on wilderness. Unconscionable!
February 22, 11:51pm

Re: how do I fix small hole in wool shirt?
Mary, Just wanted to compliment you on being so knowledgeable in so many areas, and always posting positive stuff.

In Make Your Own Gear » how do I fix small hole in wool shirt?
February 22, 12:42am

Re: Republican's attack on wilderness. Unconscionable!
Back to the original subject... Neither the Republicans or Democrats are going to do anything worthwhile. Okay, we need to cut funding everywhere... that is a fact. But most people have certain ...

February 21, 9:38pm

Re: A Perfect Sunday Run
Ouch! Other than the injury, nice trip.

In Other Activities » A Perfect Sunday Run
February 21, 6:15pm

Re: quiz
Guess where I ended up :) Jerry, I will disagree on SS being insurance. Insurance is risk management and the insurer puts aside/invests the money to cover the risk and generate profits. SS is a ...

February 21, 6:10pm

Re: Re: Green Party
@ Brad I just want the government out of my way. Both parties -------------------------------------------------------- Excellent observations from someone who understands how a business ...

February 21, 1:10pm

Re: Route
Sounds good to me.

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Tour of the Angeles Crest anyone?
February 18, 2:15pm

Re: Only 30% of Americans Hold a Passport
I have one and work very hard to avoid out of country business trips. There are more great places to hike in the US than can be accomplished in a lifetime... so why go somewhere else? I was goin...

In Chaff » Only 30% of Americans Hold a Passport
February 18, 2:15pm

Re: Questions about this loop.
Rob, The Jo Pond Trail is not on most maps. It is fairly easy to follow. Some directions... At the Cedar Springs campground, walk past the metal trough capturing spring water and you be walki...

In Post-Trip Reports » Skyline Trail – PCT – Jo Pond Loop
February 16, 11:55pm

All Reader Reviews by Nick Gatel

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

BPL Beartooth Merino Wool Hoody
Cool enough in 82F weather, warm in cool weather. Hood replaces light cap and light baclava. One piece of gear replaces several single items! Sizing is not 'standard.' But... if you review ...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
March 09, 11:38pm

ULA Equipment
5/5 It seems that from earlier reviews, ULA has solved the communication issues with the addition of Casey to the staff, which must have solved that void. Not only was the communication great (t...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
February 23, 1:49am