Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Nick Gatel (ngatel) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Southern California
About Me Started backpacking in the 1960's and still going strong.
CityPalm Springs
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.popupbackpacker.com
My PDF Gear ListSub 4 lb

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nick Gatel

Showing 3961 - 3970 of 5517 | Page: 1 ...388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 ...552

Forum » Thread

Re: Posting A Spread Sheet
Mary, I think he is more concerned about getting into the actual post. But you bring up a great point, as PDF is required to place a gear list in your profile. Also if you have Adobe Acrobat,...

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » Posting A Spread Sheet
March 15, 1:34am

Re: @ John (John Prine) & FolkFest
Folk music (at least in the US) is a sort of barometer of the culture. In the 60's it saw a huge revival, and the theme of the 60's folk music was mostly focused on civil rights and the Vie...

In Chaff » Buying Chinese Goods
March 15, 1:15am

Re: @ John (John Prine)
"Wow - CDs were huge back then." Yes they were!! I have a nice LP collection, but a I am not an audiophile. Nice thing about those albums was stuff that was sometimes included inside t...

March 15, 12:20am

Re: 20% Cashback
A Patagonia Houdini has been on my shopping list for quite a while, but not a high priority. With 20% off, cost was $76. Took 5 days to get it, including a weekend. Item was drop-shipped from Patag...

In Gear Deals » shoebuy.com 15% off and free shipping/free return/member discount when you sign up
March 14, 11:44pm

Re: Japan Relief
Just got an email from Time Warner Cable. Anyone who has their phone service can call to Japan for free. Nice touch.

In Chaff » Japan Relief
March 14, 11:37pm

Re: Where and When to Sell Heavier Gear
A lot of heavy gear is mass produced, and there is plenty of it floating around, which makes it pretty cheap. Other items can command a pretty good price. I research eBay to get a feel for the m...

In Gear Swap » Where and When to Sell Heavier Gear
March 14, 11:29pm

Re: Re: Re: Buying Chinese Goods"
"Good lyrics. In explaining life, artists are better at it than politicians." Lyrics from my youth. Explaining life is the purpose of art.

March 14, 11:23pm

@ John (John Prine)
Thought you might get a kick out of this. Both those songs are on this John Prine album, which was his debut album released in 1971. It is one of the first albums I bought when I got our of the ser...

March 14, 10:50pm

Re: Buying Chinese Goods"
"I'm afraid the computers may ruin the ability to write well." Probably a fear in most countries.

March 14, 4:57pm

Re: Buying Chinese Goods
LAST TRAIN TO NUREMBERG lyrics by Pete Seeger Chorus (and after each verse): Last train to Nuremberg! Last train to Nuremberg! Last train to Nuremberg! All on board! Do I see Lieutenan...

March 14, 4:01pm

All Reader Reviews by Nick Gatel

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

BPL Beartooth Merino Wool Hoody
Cool enough in 82F weather, warm in cool weather. Hood replaces light cap and light baclava. One piece of gear replaces several single items! Sizing is not 'standard.' But... if you review ...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
March 09, 11:38pm

ULA Equipment
5/5 It seems that from earlier reviews, ULA has solved the communication issues with the addition of Casey to the staff, which must have solved that void. Not only was the communication great (t...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
February 23, 1:49am