BPL Community Profile

Nick Gatel (ngatel) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Southern California
About Me Started backpacking in the 1960's and still going strong.
CityPalm Springs
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.popupbackpacker.com
My PDF Gear ListSub 4 lb

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nick Gatel

Showing 3961 - 3970 of 5445 | Page: 1 ...388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 ...545

Forum » Thread

Re: Liner socks or no for blister prevention?
When I wore leather boots (in the past) liners definitely made a difference. With breathable trail runners, I almost never get a blister no matter what I wear. Single pair of light socks these days...

In GEAR » Liner socks or no for blister prevention?
March 08, 10:45pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Never accepted government benefits?
So Nick.....de-regulation is a good thing????????????? Forgive me if I am jumping to conclusions, but that is how your post just came across. Enlighten me please if I am correct. ---------------...

In Chaff » Buying Chinese Goods
March 08, 7:13pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Never accepted government benefits?
"I don't understand why you sympathize with the Republicans" I do not, not at all.

March 08, 7:09pm

Re: Re: Re: Never accepted government benefits?
Before the Financial collapse in 2008, Alan Greenspan was against regulation, saying that sophisticated investors were better able to judge risk than the government. After the collapse he acknow...

March 08, 6:33pm

Re: Never accepted government benefits?
Did you drive to work on a road that you were not paying your fair share of? As a matter of fact, I live in the state with the highest tax on gasoline in the nation. Road construction is mainly...

March 08, 5:11pm

Re: re
Jerry, Don't take this personally, but helping someone does not make me feel good. My self-esteem does not require the extending of charity. If I am taxed to help someone, then the effort...

March 08, 2:35pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Self Sacrifice
"I don't mean to be anal ... well, perhaps in this instance, I do....." Doug, I enjoy the conversation. Lets start at the beginning, or shall I say a ranking of what is impor...

March 08, 1:35pm

Re: Re: Self Sacrifice
Okay, sorry. What is morality? It is the system of values that guide your actions and the choices you make in life. These are what define your purpose and your life. The purpose of my life...

March 08, 11:42am

Re: philosophy
"I'm not so much into philosophy either - makes for interesting discussions but doesn't get you anywhere" Jerry, Your life depends upon it. It is just a matter of who's...

March 08, 10:48am

Self Sacrifice
"So if you and your wife are being attacked, you are exceptionally immoral if you sacrifice yourself to save her? Am I understanding this correctly? Or does this only count for money?" ...

March 08, 10:42am

All Reader Reviews by Nick Gatel

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

BPL Beartooth Merino Wool Hoody
Cool enough in 82F weather, warm in cool weather. Hood replaces light cap and light baclava. One piece of gear replaces several single items! Sizing is not 'standard.' But... if you review ...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
March 09, 11:38pm

ULA Equipment
5/5 It seems that from earlier reviews, ULA has solved the communication issues with the addition of Casey to the staff, which must have solved that void. Not only was the communication great (t...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
February 23, 1:49am