BPL Community Profile

Nick Gatel (ngatel) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Southern California
About Me Started backpacking in the 1960's and still going strong.
CityPalm Springs
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.popupbackpacker.com
My PDF Gear ListSub 4 lb

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nick Gatel

Showing 3961 - 3970 of 5388 | Page: 1 ...388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 ...539

Forum » Thread

Re: Personal Responsibility and the shifting of blame
Craig, Do not confuse LLC (Comany) and corporations. Two different animals. Also corporations and individuals in corporations can be held liable in civil and criminal courts. We do agree on t...

In Chaff » Buying Chinese Goods
March 04, 2:12pm

Re: Buying Chinese Goods
Hi Ben - They are rhetorical questions... I know the answers :) I really enjoyed your story. It communicates what we can accomplish on our own. Unfortunately here in the US, too many people d...

March 04, 11:30am

Re: But When Buying Anyway - Should We Be Supportng Those Sweatshops?
Come on Ben, are you suggesting that Capitalism worked to the benefit of the workers? Blasphemy!

March 04, 10:46am

Re: Buying Chinese Goods
I avoid buying Chinese goods (whenever possible) because I have found most products to be inferior. I also do not wish to support their political/social system. Ben is right about the trade imba...

March 04, 10:41am

Re: A boycott of Chinese goods? What would it change?
Zerzan probably took too much LSD in the 60's and hanging out with Ted did not help his mind either. Guess I better order a pair of these shoes :)

In GEAR » Who Else Has Ordered NB Minimus Trails?
March 03, 5:48pm

Re: 1,600 miles in VFF KSO Trek
Clint, Excellent review! A lot of miles in them to actually point out the real pros and cons. I think you have presented enough valuable information to help anyone make an intelligent decision w...

In Editor's Roundtable » Vibram FiveFingers KSO Treks Review
March 03, 11:23am

Re: Re: Re: Had VFF's for a couple of years.
Paul, I have been very happy with them. I don't do a lot of wet hiking in California, but have not had any "slippery" problems. But again, foot placement is more important than hop...

In Editor's Roundtable » Vibram FiveFingers KSO Treks Review
March 03, 11:17am

Re: Who Else Has Ordered NB Minimus Trails?
Gee, it only took 5 posts to totally hijack this thread! So I might as well throw in my 2 cents. Why is it that we read some blog or website with an agenda and then quote it as gospel? I am not ...

In GEAR » Who Else Has Ordered NB Minimus Trails?
March 03, 11:11am

Re: Re: Re: taxes
Tom, You know my alternatives, and should you like to continue that discussion, lets start a new thread in Chaff. Back to the OP (sort of)... I like the country I live in (and I have hope ...

In Chaff » Only 30% of Americans Hold a Passport
March 02, 10:39pm

Re: Tarp recomendations?
Get a tarp around 8' X 10' and a bivy is not needed. Interesting thread is running concurrently with this one.

In GEAR » Tarp recomendations?
March 02, 12:04am

All Reader Reviews by Nick Gatel

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

BPL Beartooth Merino Wool Hoody
Cool enough in 82F weather, warm in cool weather. Hood replaces light cap and light baclava. One piece of gear replaces several single items! Sizing is not 'standard.' But... if you review ...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
March 09, 11:38pm

ULA Equipment
5/5 It seems that from earlier reviews, ULA has solved the communication issues with the addition of Casey to the staff, which must have solved that void. Not only was the communication great (t...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
February 23, 1:49am