Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Franco Darioli (Franco) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Here
About Me Franco Darioli has not added a biography yet.
CityMelbourne
StateVictoria
CountryAustralia

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Franco Darioli

Showing 3961 - 3970 of 5619 | Page: 1 ...388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 ...562

Forum » Thread

Montbell Diamond or Crescent 1
Art That is the first test, if the tent passes that the 3 D test follows... Something like this ... Did this one a few months before the Brooke Range Rocket came out.. Franco

In GEAR » Montbell Diamond or Crescent 1
October 03, 8:04pm

Montbell Diamond or Crescent 1
According to Moontrail the Crescent 1 is 118" long, 53" wide and 39" high. So this is what I do... At 5' 7" I can fit under it sitting on a thick mat with about 2" to...

In GEAR » Montbell Diamond or Crescent 1
October 03, 5:37pm

Zipper pulls
My version is a 4" piece of Air Core 2 cord folded in half with a thin piece of red duct tape over the ends. I need a few of them to register on my scale. Difficulty level : (from 1-5) 0.5 ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Zipper pulls
October 02, 4:23pm

MYOG DuoMid Fabric Insert - Completed!
Brian I see that you have a two way zip on the insert, that would allow a small opening at the top as well as the bottom if you need to get more air flow. Maybe just attach a loop to the corner of...

In GEAR » MYOG DuoMid Fabric Insert - Completed!
October 01, 4:02pm

MYOG DuoMid Fabric Insert - Completed!
Door "problem". It seems to me that it would be very simple to add a guyout point to the other panel if that option was required. However I do think that the extra protection as it is c...

In GEAR » MYOG DuoMid Fabric Insert - Completed!
October 01, 3:37am

Make Your Own Gear - A Titanium Potty Trowel
Roger's tents... In case you have not been paying attention, the "problem" with Roger's tents is that they are not easy (economically viable...) to manufacture, however they coul...

In Editor's Roundtable » Make Your Own Gear - A Titanium Potty Trowel
September 30, 7:10pm

Make Your Own Gear - A Titanium Potty Trowel
Well , Steve Jobs and Co "re-invented" the Xerox Alto... Franco

In Editor's Roundtable » Make Your Own Gear - A Titanium Potty Trowel
September 29, 10:56pm

What do you look for in a backcountry camera?
Random observations... High Quality (Picture) and waterproof/rain proof designs are, at the moment, at odds with each other. Apart from the fixed (non zoom) lens, all of the weatherised cameras ...

In GEAR » What do you look for in a backcountry camera?
September 29, 9:01pm

Optimal pot height for tea light stove
I suggested this before but never had any comments about it, so I don't know if it is correct or not... What I do is to bring the water to boil independently (gas stove) then I move the pot ov...

In Make Your Own Gear » Optimal pot height for tea light stove
September 29, 3:21am

Panasonic Lumix LX3 Digital Camera
new firmware upgrade available here : http://panasonic.jp/support/global/cs/dsc/ From the press release : The new upgrades enhance shot-making flexibility with improvements including faster AF...

In Editor's Roundtable » Panasonic Lumix LX3 Digital Camera
September 28, 1:14am

All Reader Reviews by Franco Darioli

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Tarptent Contrail
My rating is based on what this shelter was designed for, and not to be understood as part of the "best tent ever, for anybody ,anywhere" award. Most of the good points have already been co...

In Shelters - Single Wall Tents
November 07, 4:48pm