Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Franco Darioli (Franco) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Here
About Me Franco Darioli has not added a biography yet.
CityMelbourne
StateVictoria
CountryAustralia

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Franco Darioli

Showing 3961 - 3970 of 5522 | Page: 1 ...388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 ...553

Forum » Thread

Too hot to hike?
The best "fabric" so far that I have tried out in hot weather is Tyvek (TT Sublite). Under that I had the same temperature as in total shade. At the same time under a single wall silnylon...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Too hot to hike?
July 22, 6:27pm

Running Pack?!?
Maybe this one http://aarnpacks.com/products/liquid_agility.html or http://aarnpacks.com/products/marathon_magic.html No experience at all with them , but I use the larger non "runne...

In GEAR » Running Pack?!?
July 21, 11:48pm

the tent problem
John The Rainbow is indeed a 1+ tent, Terra Nova would call it a two person tent as do MSR with their CR2.( 40" wide in the middle, the Rainbow can be wider than that if you let the floor dow...

In GEAR » the tent problem
July 21, 9:13pm

Tent seam sealing
I use a fairly high dilution with the tents as I try to get the seam sealer to penetrate the stitching rather then coat . The stuff I use is pure silicone not the pre mixed stuff. (I start with a ...

In GEAR » Tent seam sealing
July 21, 7:15pm

Tent seam sealing
Yesterday I got my Thermarest Prolite out to do an inflation test (vs a couple of other mats, for another forum question) I noticed that I had applied to it more than a reasonable amount of seam s...

In GEAR » Tent seam sealing
July 21, 6:01pm

the tent problem
Do you need a double ? Not to be personal, but what is your size, and that of you partner if there is one. ? Franco

In GEAR » the tent problem
July 21, 5:50pm

Coming Soon - Backpacking Light Coverage of the Summer 2009 Outdoor Retailer Show (Outdoor Retailer Summer Market 2009)
I keep seeing comments about the spacious inside of the Scutum, but if I read the floor chart correctly it looks that in the middle (irregular floor shape) is as narrow as the MSR CR2 (40") o...

In Editor's Roundtable » Coming Soon - Backpacking Light Coverage of the Summer 2009 Outdoor Retailer Show (Outdoor Retailer Summer Market 2009)
July 21, 6:14am

maximizing condensation to produce distilled drinking water?
Troy has the right idea... All you will be doing is making your tent a more uncomfortable environment ending up with half a glass of water in the morning. Keep in mind that the "unbearable&q...

In GEAR » maximizing condensation to produce distilled drinking water?
July 21, 3:16am

ULA not shipping due to injury!!!
Hi Brian Thanks for posting. Flowers can be really sneaky and dangerous, a bunch of them killed my cousin . (they were hiding inside a delivery truck) Love your new web site (might give Henry ...

In GEAR » ULA not shipping due to injury!
July 20, 8:32pm

New Tarptent ;this is the Moment !!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiX2Wgo7hg

In GEAR » New Tarptent ;this is the Moment !!!
July 20, 8:20pm

All Reader Reviews by Franco Darioli

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Tarptent Contrail
My rating is based on what this shelter was designed for, and not to be understood as part of the "best tent ever, for anybody ,anywhere" award. Most of the good points have already been co...

In Shelters - Single Wall Tents
November 07, 4:48pm