Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Franco Darioli (Franco) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Here
About Me Franco Darioli has not added a biography yet.
CityMelbourne
StateVictoria
CountryAustralia

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Franco Darioli

Showing 3961 - 3970 of 5362 | Page: 1 ...388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 ...537

Forum » Thread

Best Pillow with Neo Air Pad
Roger You could be the winner here but we need to know the specs. (can't be bother searching for them) Franco Forgot : did you freeze the foam to drill those holes ?

In GEAR » Best Pillow with Neo Air Pad?
May 07, 6:27pm

Learning from Ken's Ordeal
Just found out yesterday that Australian Aborigines (at least in the Kimberly region) still use smoke signal to communicate to other villages that they are on their way to them. Also they used smok...

In Philosophy & Technique » Learning from Ken's Ordeal
May 07, 5:16pm

Best Pillow with Neo Air Pad?
I always have spare clothing ( at least pants and a top of some sort) so it's a bit hard for me to visualise the problem . Because of the relative small weight of the head , bubble wrap can wor...

May 07, 4:46pm

Best UL Pad for a COLD Sleeper
Hi Fred That is sensational, love those shots. As you can appreciate (as a photographer) it's a bit hard to see what you get from the pics on their site. 3" at full inflation leaves ple...

In GEAR » Best UL Pad for a COLD Sleeper?
May 07, 4:08pm

Best UL Pad for a COLD Sleeper?
Hi Fred How thick is the mat when fully inflated ? Is the thickness even ? (Looks to me that the sides become a bit higher than the middle when you lay on it) I'd love to see some pics of...

In GEAR » Best UL Pad for a COLD Sleeper?
May 07, 7:08am

Best Pillow with Neo Air Pad?
Your backpack under the Flexair ? Maybe with your towel (?) in-between Bubble wrap/Flexair ? In a forested area you could use grass and leaves + Flexair... or fill a plastic bag/dry sack(insid...

May 07, 6:40am

WM Ultralite or Summerlite
Size wise they should be OK if you are not claustrophobic.. At 5'7" , 150lbs , I find the Ultralite just right for me including being able to wear a jumper or puffy jacket and inside a sil...

In GEAR » WM Ultralite or Summerlite
May 07, 3:41am

TarpTent Scarp 2 update
Kutenay That is why some brands use the term 4 season for some of their shelters and "5th" season or expedition for others. Hilleberg don't spell it out but reading "carefully&...

In GEAR » TarpTent Scarp 2 update
May 06, 2:52pm

Gatewood Cape or Sublite Sil- help needed"
The struts add a lot of stability to the shelter (as well as allowing a shorter foot print) , the two poles help with side winds. I would add the front and rear guylines, as I have with the Cont...

In GEAR » Gatewood Cape or Sublite Sil- help needed
May 06, 2:31pm

Gatewood Cape or Sublite Sil- help needed
Just guessing, but considering there is only one pole and looking at the geometry of the shelter if the 6 pegs are properly placed and the Cape has enough tension I don't see any benefit in put...

In GEAR » Gatewood Cape or Sublite Sil- help needed
May 06, 3:28am

All Reader Reviews by Franco Darioli

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Tarptent Contrail
My rating is based on what this shelter was designed for, and not to be understood as part of the "best tent ever, for anybody ,anywhere" award. Most of the good points have already been co...

In Shelters - Single Wall Tents
November 07, 4:48pm