Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Franco Darioli (Franco) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Here
About Me Franco Darioli has not added a biography yet.
CityMelbourne
StateVictoria
CountryAustralia

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Franco Darioli

Showing 3961 - 3970 of 5420 | Page: 1 ...388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 ...542

Forum » Thread

TT Sublite awning
Well I am 54 today , so to prove that I am not any wiser than yesterday , here is my added awning idea for the Sublite. The challenge was to do it without modifying the shelter, using only two tre...

In GEAR » TT Sublite awning
June 04, 11:01pm

how do you handle a situtation like this?
First keep in mind that you should always camp with someone slower than you. In the above situation you could ask Mr Bear what he would like for breakfast. Most likely he will get confused and w...

In Chaff » how do you handle a situtation like this?
June 04, 8:28pm

Did MLD go under?
This is the correct web site address http://www.mountainlaureldesigns.com/ Pretty sure that Ron is still up over. Franco

In GEAR » Did MLD go under?
June 04, 4:31pm

Make a lens a wider angle
Joe Sounds like you have a screw on wide angle converter in mind. They work OK (sort of...) with video cameras because of the illusion caused by moving images (they don't need to be very sha...

In Photography » Make a lens a wider angle
June 03, 10:10pm

Tent Recommendations
Maybe the hiking poles bit is my fault... I uploaded some pics on how you can use them as an "option" and possibly that has morphed into a requirement. Same for using the trekking poles...

In GEAR » Tent Recommendations
June 03, 8:41pm

super UL guylines?
There was a thread ( maybe in another forum...) about using "mason's line" also called "builders line" . One day I spent a considerable amount of time at a local (huge) ha...

In GEAR » super UL guylines?
June 03, 8:34pm

Tent for Hot Weather (but with big protection)
Paul The Family Guy is Canadian (the other Americans) , still a confused lot for having had their application for Australian residency rejected . (till recently you had to have a criminal record ...

In GEAR » Tent for Hot Weather (but with big protection)
June 01, 6:34pm

Tent Recommendations
As you know Nate, people get very upset when their shelter is one or two ounces heavier than the posted weight. Trouble is that pretty much every batch of silnylon has a weight variation, enough fo...

In GEAR » Tent Recommendations
May 31, 5:09pm

Titanium vs. Aluminum
"Aluminium conducts heat better than titanium. Therefore uses less fuel" That is only true if the thickness of the two pots is the same. Usually, however, Ti pots are thinner so the diff...

In GEAR » Titanium vs. Aluminum
May 31, 4:59pm

1.5 oz alcohol stove and pot combo
Two problems that I see with that "a soda can/pot on top of a soda can/stove) 1) it isn't going to be very efficient because a lot of the heat is going to be lost up the sides. 2) it wi...

In GEAR » 1.5 oz alcohol stove and pot combo
May 28, 7:13pm

All Reader Reviews by Franco Darioli

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Tarptent Contrail
My rating is based on what this shelter was designed for, and not to be understood as part of the "best tent ever, for anybody ,anywhere" award. Most of the good points have already been co...

In Shelters - Single Wall Tents
November 07, 4:48pm