Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Franco Darioli (Franco) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Here
About Me Franco Darioli has not added a biography yet.
CityMelbourne
StateVictoria
CountryAustralia

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Franco Darioli

Showing 3961 - 3970 of 5282 | Page: 1 ...388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 ...529

Forum » Thread

Tarptent Contrail Vs. Tarptent Rainbow
John Holder Not to boast but mine is shorter than Quoddy's. The one I use at the moment is 19" , that is long enough to be slightly higher than the edge of the tent and dig in a little i...

In Gear Lists » Tarptent Contrail Vs. Tarptent Rainbow
April 08, 8:43pm

How do you pitch your Gatewood Cape?
Nathan I had the Sublite set up in my bedroom last week, just to see how it could be done. To guy it out I used the base of my bed at one end , jammed a peg inside the wardrobe on one corner and...

In GEAR » How do you pitch your Gatewood Cape?
April 07, 12:19am

Switching from Canister stove
No "kitchen" ? What Dan& Nick said. As for melting snow, those 200-300ml you will get if you manage to melt the snow inside your 1 L Nalgene are not going to quench your thirst for ...

In GEAR » Switching from Canister stove
April 05, 3:56pm

TT Scarp 1 for 2
Matt Thanks but " push them beyond their capabilities" Actually all I do is try to get the best out of them, I cannot make them work better then their are in the first place... Franco

In GEAR » TT Scarp 1 for 2
April 04, 6:02pm

TT Scarp 1 for 2
Did this out of curiosity. With some Tarptents you can widen the floor space by dropping the "bathtub" wall, so I thought to try and see if I could do that with the Scarp. All you need t...

In GEAR » TT Scarp 1 for 2
April 04, 3:18pm

Contrail Pitch Problems
What version ?There are three version of the Contrail. The 06 , the one on the TT Contrail page, the 07 as shown on the" 07 adjustable rear canopy" page , and the 08 version , the one w...

In GEAR » Contrail Pitch Problems
April 04, 12:30am

Sorry about the jargon.. Henry Shires is the Master of the Contrail, Franco is the mistress at best. Good tip about angling the pole, forgot about that one. On a couple of occasions I just shoved...

April 02, 6:07pm

goretex paclite
Paclite new ? It's been out since 2007 at least. It is a 3 layer fabric, outer, Teflon and "protective inner layer. Franco Added A bit like Ben , I was thinking of the Paclite version...

In GEAR » goretex paclite
April 02, 2:08am

What he said. I really like the Rainbow but use the Contrail because it's lighter, smaller and I have trekking poles. If and when I will do winter stuff I will use the Scarp. Here is my Ra...

April 01, 10:28pm

For most 3 season use the standard set up is fine but if you want to push it a bit i would recommend you use a trekking pole at the front and some pole at the back. That line of tension between t...

April 01, 10:04pm

All Reader Reviews by Franco Darioli

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Tarptent Contrail
My rating is based on what this shelter was designed for, and not to be understood as part of the "best tent ever, for anybody ,anywhere" award. Most of the good points have already been co...

In Shelters - Single Wall Tents
November 07, 4:48pm