Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Franco Darioli (Franco) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Melbourne
About Me Franco Darioli has not added a biography yet.
CityMelbourne
StateVictoria
CountryAustralia

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Franco Darioli

Showing 3961 - 3970 of 5159 | Page: 1 ...388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 ...516

Forum » Thread

BLP shelter message, for Ryan et al
This, I think, is the front of that shelter. Picture stolen from Simplificato, Ryan's blog http://www.ryanjordan.com/weblog/ Franco

In GEAR » BLP shelter message, for Ryan et al
February 28, 2:27am

Best pack ever ?
There are too many around here that think of themselves as some sort of pack meisters, but none have come up with anything like this. Franco

In GEAR » Best pack ever ?
February 28, 12:38am

Best pack ever ?
Not the best time for me to look at new gear , but this pack is going to take all of my limited budget. I need this and I need it NOW! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nM6wfjuirE Spotted at and...

In GEAR » Best pack ever ?
February 27, 11:17pm

Testimony: How I Fell for Lightweight Backpacking
Elizabeth Interesting series of articles outlining how different beginnings end with the same conclusion : when you can lighter is better . My biggest incentive was simply that it was an excuse t...

In Editor's Roundtable » Testimony: How I Fell for Lightweight Backpacking
February 27, 7:22pm

trekking pole question
Straps and height adjustments. To me if you do not use them you are not getting the best out of walking poles, but it is just a personal observation. Strap and Nordic skiing background. Someone...

In GEAR » trekking pole question
February 27, 5:08pm

Looking for another 'freestanding' option
Maybe.... Outdoor Research Alpine Bivvy (Gore-Tex) , 2lbs $160 at Moosejaw BlackDiamond LighSabre (Epic)$160 (1.6lbs) Outdoor Store (no idea who they are) (Note that Epic is much more water ...

In GEAR » Looking for another 'freestanding' option
February 27, 4:57pm

Brett OK, maybe a light largish hooped bivvy is the way to go. I now remember your circumstances, sorry I had forgotten. I see if I can find something for you. Hogscat Yes I am very well awar...

February 27, 4:36pm

BLP shelter message, for Ryan et al
Stoves My last comment was provably only clear to me... At the Kifaru site of course the focus is on the Kifaru version of that type of stove, however in the forums there are several discussions ...

In GEAR » BLP shelter message, for Ryan et al
February 27, 3:51pm

Just some thoughts... If you want to get a freestanding Tarptent you need a Scarp with the optional cross poles... That is obviously not the lightest option... The lightest way to have a freesta...

February 27, 3:46pm

Looking for another 'freestanding' option"
John ?

February 27, 2:35pm

All Reader Reviews by Franco Darioli

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Tarptent Contrail
My rating is based on what this shelter was designed for, and not to be understood as part of the "best tent ever, for anybody ,anywhere" award. Most of the good points have already been co...

In Shelters - Single Wall Tents
November 07, 4:48pm