BPL Community Profile

Franco Darioli (Franco) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Melbourne
About Me Franco Darioli has not added a biography yet.
CityMelbourne
StateVictoria
CountryAustralia

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Franco Darioli

Showing 3961 - 3970 of 5057 | Page: 1 ...388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 ...506

Forum » Thread

Cumulus Quantum Models - Pretty Impressive On Paper
From the Cumulus web site : Polish goose down has been tested and certified by the International Down & Feather Testing Laboratory, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA to a MINIMUM rating of 680 cu in a...

In GEAR » Cumulus Quantum Models - Pretty Impressive On Paper
February 02, 2:42am

Making the case for lighter footwear
Here it is : Energy cost of backpacking in heavy boots Abstract Previous studies have investigated the oxygen cost (02) of increasing boot weight during unloaded walking or running, and have ...

In GEAR » Making the case for lighter footwear
February 02, 1:53am

"Differential Fill" That is clever, I wish I had thought of this ( about 50 years ago, 'cause everybody else has done that since....) No I don't buy it. 3.6 oz of extra fill is ...

February 01, 12:59am

Comparing the Cumolus 350 ( 665g) to the somewhat similar sized WM Ultralite (820g) , the Ultralite has an extra 100g (3.6oz)of down , about 30% more . The claimed temperature rating is similar so ...

January 31, 6:05pm

Benchmade vs. Mora
Thanks Dennis for asking. I would like to know if Mora knives are available in Australia. Franco

In GEAR » Benchmade vs. Mora
January 31, 4:22pm

Your Lunar Solo
Mike Occasionally I see people winging about condensation in the LS. I think that a ground cloth for the vestibule will greatly reduce that. Franco

In GEAR » My lunar solo
January 30, 4:23pm

Your Lunar Solo
Hi Mike Good to know that your LS works well in cold weather (we reached 45.1c /113f yesterday here in Melbourne, new record. We are so happy) Franco Actually the record was for the most consecu...

In GEAR » My lunar solo
January 30, 4:06pm

Your Lunar Solo
Or just copy them to your desktop and upload them from there Insert image at cursor Upload image Browse Click on image open Don't forget to enter the description. Franco

In GEAR » My lunar solo
January 30, 3:27pm

bandanna/packtowel-whats best?
Sooner or later I am going to be excommunicated from here I use the Buff or something similar ( IE it not cotton) as a wrist warmer/bandanna/sweat band and very occasionally as a grunge filter/po...

In Multiple Use Gear » bandanna/packtowel-whats best?
January 29, 9:13pm

New Ultralight Inflatable pad
John The women's version is shorter (66" vs 72") but the weight remains the same because of the extra foam/insulation. If I had a job now I would buy the new Women's Pro Lite Pl...

In GEAR » New Ultralight Inflatable pad
January 29, 8:51pm

All Reader Reviews by Franco Darioli

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Tarptent Contrail
My rating is based on what this shelter was designed for, and not to be understood as part of the "best tent ever, for anybody ,anywhere" award. Most of the good points have already been co...

In Shelters - Single Wall Tents
November 07, 4:48pm