BPL Community Profile

Franco Darioli (Franco) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Melbourne
About Me Franco Darioli has not added a biography yet.
CityMelbourne
StateVictoria
CountryAustralia

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Franco Darioli

Showing 3961 - 3970 of 5015 | Page: 1 ...388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 ...502

Forum » Thread

How to properly set hiking pole length?
Jay You will not find many Black Diamond (flick lock) pole users complaining about the locking mechanism... Often I find rave comments about the service offered by a certain brand, I just prefer ...

In GEAR » How to properly set hiking pole length?
January 14, 3:38pm

Macpac eVent launch- NZ and AU..
HI Ben As you might recall, the ban was put into place when GE acquired eVent from BHA Technologies. This is from a BPL article "The CPAI-84 standard exempts tents less than about 3 pounds...

In GEAR » Macpac eVent launch- NZ and AU..
January 14, 2:46pm

Macpac eVent launch- NZ and AU..
Campbell I was going to let this one go but it has been bothering me. We all like Macpac here downunder but this thread belongs in the gear deals forum and only because of the jacket giveaway, ot...

January 14, 2:02pm

JMT Stove choice
The Gram Cracker/CC is the only Esbit set up that I can get consistently the same results with. With various other set ups most of the time I can't even bring to boil 500ml of water using a fu...

In GEAR » JMT Stove choice
January 14, 1:40pm

5 great compacts.No excuses
back to the "better" compacts, take a look at the recent report at DPReview http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/Q408enthusiastgroup/ Note that some of my choices are covered here http://...

In Photography » 5 great compacts.No excuses
January 13, 9:33pm

Rip-off by MSR
Not sure why Michael tried to introduce some ambiguity to that HS comment, it maybe "laconic" in the sense of being to the point but I did not find it at all hazy, but of course I could b...

In GEAR » Rip-off by MSR ?
January 13, 3:29pm

Macpac eVent launch- NZ and AU
NM. Franco

January 13, 5:05am

Quilts??
Jared That is what I planned to do during my modification by also shaping it narrower at the foot end. After I had cut the baffle off and sawed up the remaining half (draught collar style) the sa...

In GEAR » Quilts??
January 12, 10:27pm

Quilts??
Take a look at the Jacks Are Better products. I use the No Sniveller, heavier than my WM Highlite at about 21 oz ( it was the long version, I then changed my mind cut 1.5 baffles off and stuffed t...

In GEAR » Quilts??
January 12, 6:59pm

Rainbow Tarptent Questions
Hi Ben I will adress only number 1 because I don't have number two ( later mod) and I did ask about 3 but can't remember now. Un-clipping the floor is only useful if you need more room f...

In GEAR » Rainbow Tarptent Questions
January 12, 3:56pm

All Reader Reviews by Franco Darioli

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Tarptent Contrail
My rating is based on what this shelter was designed for, and not to be understood as part of the "best tent ever, for anybody ,anywhere" award. Most of the good points have already been co...

In Shelters - Single Wall Tents
November 07, 4:48pm