BPL Community Profile

Franco Darioli (Franco) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Melbourne
About Me Franco Darioli has not added a biography yet.
CityMelbourne
StateVictoria
CountryAustralia

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Franco Darioli

Showing 3961 - 3970 of 4793 | Page: 1 ...388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 ...480

Forum » Thread

The Wait for Lightweight (Outdoor Retailer Summer Market 2008
"The right gear" Yes, that is why I get annoyed when some recommend tarp/bivvy and the like solutions to beginners. I have noticed that several experienced hikers have difficulties setti...

In Editor's Roundtable » The Wait for Lightweight (Outdoor Retailer Summer Market 2008)
August 09, 5:31pm

Plugging your site in the chaff section...
Sam Why don't you just post the link and see if anyone notices that ? If you do , don't use those embedded things, I can never see them. Franco

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » Plugging your site in the chaff section...
August 07, 9:16pm

Oly/Pany Micro four-thirds
Yes, some might remember the gloom and doom predictions when Canon designed the EOS mount.... Vibration reduction, yes another big plus if you are into low light shots, something that some have te...

In Photography » Oly/Pany Micro four-thirds
August 07, 9:08pm

video cameras
Frank You may want to have a look at the Go Pro Hero digital camera. It takes 2xAAA batt http://www.goprocamera.com/ As usual some thinks it's great other wouldn't bother. Have a look a...

In Photography » video cameras
August 07, 5:43pm

Newbie seeking gear list options for Annapurna Circuit Trek
Morgan It is my intention to go back and do the all circuit, including that 5000m pass... I like Montane gear ( gear snob here) so my Gore Tex is now eVent. I think that it is more comfortable an...

In Gear Lists » Newbie seeking gear list options for Annapurna Circuit Trek
August 07, 3:53am

Tyvek Ultralite OmnicovR - Anyone use this?
Frank By stating "this type of Tyvek" it means that at least you are aware that Tyvek is a family of products and not just one as most seem to think. Have a look at this chart from Dup...

In Make Your Own Gear » Tyvek Ultralite OmnicovR - Anyone use this?
August 07, 1:54am

Newbie seeking gear list options for Annapurna Circuit Trek
Warning : I try to plan for the worst...* I was there last October. The first 5 days we had very heavy rain (yes, unseasonal but just as cold and wet) so I was glad that I had a waterproof (not w...

In Gear Lists » Newbie seeking gear list options for Annapurna Circuit Trek
August 07, 12:55am

Oly/Pany Micro four-thirds
A couple of days later and DPReview has already 22 threads on this new format with over 800 (!) comments, including one that calls it a "yawn" .... I read some of them but not all. The...

In Photography » Oly/Pany Micro four-thirds
August 06, 11:42pm

Refuge-X: preliminary review
Looks, to me, that both the fabric and the tensioning are responsible for the different pitch. Silnylon stretches a bit but from what I understand, Cuben doesn't. The more you tension the sid...

In GEAR » Refuge-X: preliminary review
August 06, 11:07pm

Brawny Gear Brawny Sleepnet
OK, this gives me the opportunity to load a picture of the shelter. It's the Luxe Speedup. Roger The first picture was at 30% image size , this is 15% , the compression I normally use. So m...

In GEAR » Brownie Gear Brownie Sleepnet
August 06, 3:18am

All Reader Reviews by Franco Darioli

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Tarptent Contrail
My rating is based on what this shelter was designed for, and not to be understood as part of the "best tent ever, for anybody ,anywhere" award. Most of the good points have already been co...

In Shelters - Single Wall Tents
November 07, 4:48pm