Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Nick Gatel (ngatel) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Southern California
About Me Started backpacking in the 1960's and still going strong.
CityPalm Springs
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.popupbackpacker.com
My PDF Gear ListSub 4 lb

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nick Gatel

Showing 3941 - 3950 of 5517 | Page: 1 ...386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 ...552

Forum » Thread

Re: Storm worthy 2-3 person tent
How about a Scarp 2. Similar is size to your Double Rainbow, and with the optional crossing poles about 4.25 lbs. I've had my Scarp 1 in wind gusts up to around 50mph and it is very stable.

In GEAR » Storm worthy 2-3 person tent
March 21, 3:45pm

Re: Re: THE WRATH of the Almighty - Mark My Words!!
"OK, that's three of you who feel offended. In that case, I'll change the word back." Don't change it for us, change for you if you feel it is right. If someone was offende...

In Chaff » THE WRATH of the Almighty - Mark My Words!!
March 21, 3:06pm

Re: 16 lb Dilemma
Laurence, If a heavier pack makes the weight easier to carry, then use the heavier... it is not a weight contest. Some things I would change: - Tent: there are lighter options - Pad: Neo ...

In Gear Lists » 16 lb Dilemma
March 21, 3:02pm

Re: Re: Is no one offended?
Well Nick, everyone is (or should be) offended -- if taken literally. But apparently, no one here is offended by my post because they understand the purpose and style in which it was written. ...

In Chaff » THE WRATH of the Almighty - Mark My Words!!
March 21, 12:07pm

Re: Load lifters too low?
David, Agree! I have not really used the LL (took of the by-pass harness), except for one long day hike to test it out and get familiar with it.

In GEAR » Load lifters too low?
March 21, 11:13am

Re: Re: Re: Libya
Ben, Your last two posts are excellent. Often the Western countries want to implement Democracy, which may be a 'foreign' concept to those they want to 'liberate.' This does not ...

In Chaff » Libya
March 21, 10:55am

Re: JMT Food PDF
I am not a nutritionist, but it seems to me that more salt than normal might be a good thing. Hiking for 9 days at over 20 miles per day is going to generate a lot of sweat, and a loss of body mine...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » JMT Food PDF
March 21, 9:22am

Re: load lifters on mchales
Konrad, There are more pictures of his system on another thread I posted about a week ago. The load lifter strap (Dan calls his a By-pass Harness) on McHales run through the shoulder strap an...

March 21, 9:16am

Re: .7 oz/yd2 CTF3 (Cuben) - The 422 mm hydrostatic head dirty little secret
My cuben tarp has never leaked. But then I do not live in the PNW. But it has been is some serious thunder storms. I can also tell you that a mouse can chew through a cuben sack. Last night I ha...

In GEAR » Cuben - The 422 mm hydrostatic head dirty little secret
March 21, 12:29am

Re: load lifters.
I learned a lot (or better put - I unlearned a lot) from Dan McHale when I bought one of his packs. The fitting process requires one learn how set-up a pack. McHales are unique because they have a ...

March 20, 11:40pm

All Reader Reviews by Nick Gatel

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

BPL Beartooth Merino Wool Hoody
Cool enough in 82F weather, warm in cool weather. Hood replaces light cap and light baclava. One piece of gear replaces several single items! Sizing is not 'standard.' But... if you review ...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
March 09, 11:38pm

ULA Equipment
5/5 It seems that from earlier reviews, ULA has solved the communication issues with the addition of Casey to the staff, which must have solved that void. Not only was the communication great (t...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
February 23, 1:49am