BPL Community Profile

Nick Gatel (ngatel) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Southern California
About Me Started backpacking in the 1960's and still going strong.
CityPalm Springs
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.popupbackpacker.com
My PDF Gear ListSub 4 lb

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nick Gatel

Showing 3931 - 3940 of 5284 | Page: 1 ...385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 ...529

Forum » Thread

Re: Problem Vendor
I do most of my shopping on the Internet, and have had only one bad transaction. The seller disappeared. It was a PayPal purchase. I contacted PayPal and got my money back in less than 30 days. All...

In GEAR » Recourse for a bad vendor?
January 17, 2:54am

Re: Re: Re: Pre
"Put another way: How many of the fastest 25 5 K times were not Eithopian or Kenyan?" Or Moroccan. That probably would leave about 2 people :)

In Other Activities » My son just won the Big West Conference 10K
January 17, 2:48am

Re: New to digital...A few questions.
When I was a young man I toyed with the idea of becoming a professional photographer. I started with a 4X5 Speed Graflex in high school, then twin-lens reflex, and finally SLR. Did my own film deve...

In Photography » New to digital...A few questions.
January 17, 2:46am

Re: Training and Time
Well Craig, this is kinda what I said, but you stated it much more eloquently.

In Editor's Roundtable » Vibram FiveFingers KSO Treks Review
January 17, 1:51am

Re: Raingear for JMT/SHR in Sept
As mentioned, I would be more concerned with wind protection, and I always look at the extended weather forecast. If you are going to be gone for more than about 5 days, don't put too much fait...

In GEAR » Raingear for JMT/SHR in Sept
January 16, 4:31am

Re: Tarp or Tarp Tent
No easy answer. And what people use is very subjective and personal. You might look at a Six Moons Wild Oasis. It only weighs 13oz and has a bug net around the bottom perimeter. I prefer a tarp ...

In GEAR » Tarp or Tarp Tent
January 16, 3:57am

Re: World Map -- As Drawn by Facebook Users
I don't understand the popularity or useful purpose of Facebook. But then I get PO'd if someone sends me a text message on my phone... why don't they just call me? But then, I usual...

In Chaff » World Map -- As Drawn by Facebook Users
January 16, 3:51am

Re: bladders
I have a couple of hydration bladders, that were given to me as gifts. Tried them a couple of times, and really did not find them convenient. Sometimes I use 1L or 2L platys, but mostly 1L water bo...

In GEAR » Anyone move away from Water Bladders?
January 16, 3:43am

Re: Pre
Pre... I hear a lot about him, since his birthday and Joe's are the same day, January 25th :) Current American Record is 12:56 set by Dathan Ritzehein in August 2009. World Record is ...

In Other Activities » My son just won the Big West Conference 10K
January 16, 3:14am

Re: Re: Ultimate Solutions
Okay, Back to the OP. Pack covers often do keep a pack water proof, but in extended precipitation they usually fail for the intended purpose. Liners do much better, if not completely water...

In GEAR » Pack Cover Weight?
January 14, 2:39pm

All Reader Reviews by Nick Gatel

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

BPL Beartooth Merino Wool Hoody
Cool enough in 82F weather, warm in cool weather. Hood replaces light cap and light baclava. One piece of gear replaces several single items! Sizing is not 'standard.' But... if you review ...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
March 09, 11:38pm

ULA Equipment
5/5 It seems that from earlier reviews, ULA has solved the communication issues with the addition of Casey to the staff, which must have solved that void. Not only was the communication great (t...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
February 23, 1:49am