Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Nick Gatel (ngatel) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Southern California
About Me Started backpacking in the 1960's and still going strong.
CityPalm Springs
My Website URL
My PDF Gear ListSub 4 lb

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nick Gatel

Showing 3931 - 3940 of 5800 | Page: 1 ...385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 ...580

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Scalpers flipping Yosemite Reservations
Why not just make all of Yosemite a designated wilderness area? We could even tear out all the asphalt roads :)

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Scalpers flipping Yosemite Reservations
April 18, 6:04pm

Re: Where do you splurge?
I don't think SUL is a bad thing, actually it is good. But not for every trip. Every trip has a different goal, time of season, length (time/distance), water availability, etc.; all change. I w...

In GEAR » Where do you splurge?
April 18, 6:02pm

Re: Lists like that are always entertaining
"They do reflect something about pop culture that is both funny and a little sad" I know. Silly me. 2.1 billion Christians and 1.5 billion followers of Islam (not to mention many other...

In Chaff » It's only a movie
April 18, 5:48pm

Re: Re: Re: Walker's not finished yet....
"Conservative accounting would allow a 5% a year withdrawal from a pension fund." Typically it has nothing to do with the amount in the fund. Usually it is a percentage of the last yea...

In Chaff » The Wisconsin petri dish
April 18, 5:17pm

Re: A good example of why the author should avoid entering into the discussion of his/her own works
"The author cannot change how the world receives the work and generally winds up looking foolish." I guess you are right about that :)

April 18, 4:47pm

Re: Walker's not finished yet....
"So, even then they admitted that collective bargaining was non-fiscal." How much of the present and future budget is employee benefits? How will not allowing collective bargaining...

April 18, 4:30pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Walker's not finished yet....
> I'm not exactly sure either, but the Republicans hold a majority everywhere right now. And who put these people into the majority? Neither party has a 2/3 or 3/5 quorum.

April 18, 3:26pm

Re: Re: Wake Up Call for America !?!
I laid out the two highest spending categories above. If "conservatives" view defense as their sacred cow and if "liberals" view entitlements as theirs -- then the ONLY way we c...

In Chaff » Wake Up Call for America !?!
April 18, 3:16pm

Re: Novels
Romanticism is the conceptual school of art. It deals, not with the random trivia of the day, but with the timeless, fundamental, universal problems and values of human existence. It does not recor...

April 18, 3:08pm

Re: Re: Re: Wake Up Call for America !?!
"I don't think you understood the article. The credit rating cut is because they think the Democrats and Republicans won't reach consensus and raise the debt ceiling." -----...

In Chaff » Wake Up Call for America !?!
April 18, 2:28pm

All Reader Reviews by Nick Gatel

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

BPL Beartooth Merino Wool Hoody
Cool enough in 82F weather, warm in cool weather. Hood replaces light cap and light baclava. One piece of gear replaces several single items! Sizing is not 'standard.' But... if you review ...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
March 09, 11:38pm

ULA Equipment
5/5 It seems that from earlier reviews, ULA has solved the communication issues with the addition of Casey to the staff, which must have solved that void. Not only was the communication great (t...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
February 23, 1:49am