BPL Community Profile

Nick Gatel (ngatel) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Southern California
About Me Started backpacking in the 1960's and still going strong.
CityPalm Springs
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.popupbackpacker.com
My PDF Gear ListSub 4 lb

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nick Gatel

Showing 3931 - 3940 of 5445 | Page: 1 ...385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 ...545

Forum » Thread

Maybe I am wrong about capitalism
After considering the impact the financial crisis has had on so many individuals and reading the opinions of many BPL members, and most importantly; contemplating shared feelings and experiences, I...

In Chaff » Buying Chinese Goods
March 12, 2:47am

@ Katharina
You have posted some excellent comments the past 2 or 3 days, and I have not taken the time to acknowledge them. I apologize for this. Wednesday morning I left on a cross country trip, and have bee...

March 12, 1:43am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Tax rates
Have any one who is complaining about corporations ever owned or ran a successful company? If not, please read the BUS 101 and Gas Station posts. Even a software campus is over-run by regulators...

March 11, 10:24pm

Re: Re: Re: Flame throwers at the ready....
"Maybe you should try running your calculations for a median family income of $49,777 and see how much is left over to purchase company stock. Tom, I do not want to minimize this, and I ...

March 11, 10:02pm

Re: Re: Re: Tax rates
"Hey, we can just retrain the unemployed for the high tech jobs of the future." Why? You want to handcuff the only people who can create those high tech jobs. So they will create thos...

March 11, 7:02pm

Re: Re: Oprah
Craig, I probably understand the role sex and race play better than most people. I live with it every day. There are two things that have to be addressed by the individual: what are you going to...

March 11, 3:38pm

Re: Re: Wealth?
Jerry, I sure would to know where you get your facts. Gates did not come from a wealthy family. Upper middle class at best. While in high school he was paid for his programming skills. He scored...

March 11, 3:11pm

Re: Wealth?
10/10 are white. How did this happen? I know this might be a stretch, but any chance it might be related to the fact that there might be significantly more white people than any other group? ...

March 11, 2:29pm

Re: Tax rates
So you find that a tax rate of 35% is a good thing? Also realize that companies also pay state income tax, state and local property taxes, numerous and increasing: licenses, permits, use fees, w...

March 11, 7:19am

Re: Re: Forget bottles...
Bob, I also found out this week that a wire coat hanger is a potential terrorist weapon. It wasn't worth the energy to discuss it further. Actually I was running late and just threw the shir...

In GEAR » Traveling with denatured alcohol
March 10, 11:59pm

All Reader Reviews by Nick Gatel

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

BPL Beartooth Merino Wool Hoody
Cool enough in 82F weather, warm in cool weather. Hood replaces light cap and light baclava. One piece of gear replaces several single items! Sizing is not 'standard.' But... if you review ...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
March 09, 11:38pm

ULA Equipment
5/5 It seems that from earlier reviews, ULA has solved the communication issues with the addition of Casey to the staff, which must have solved that void. Not only was the communication great (t...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
February 23, 1:49am