Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Nick Gatel (ngatel) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Southern California
About Me Started backpacking in the 1960's and still going strong.
CityPalm Springs
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.popupbackpacker.com
My PDF Gear ListSub 4 lb

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nick Gatel

Showing 3931 - 3940 of 5517 | Page: 1 ...385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 ...552

Forum » Thread

Re: satire.
Konrad, My point is that people ARE offended by the use of these terms, and Ben decides not to take ownership of that. To him, it's "satire", it's not bowing to those "PC&...

In Chaff » THE WRATH of the Almighty - Mark My Words!!
March 23, 12:09am

Re: Epitaph for Cuben - The 422 mm hydrostatic head dirty little secret
Richard, A circular reference is much preferable to a "Unrecoverable Application Error" or a "General Protection Fault" (for us old-timers).

In GEAR » Cuben - The 422 mm hydrostatic head dirty little secret
March 22, 11:38pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: "THE LINKS"
Wait...what's wrong with hearing voices? Nothing. But Adaware and Spybot will not eliminate them.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Annoying links in our text
March 22, 11:35pm

Re: Why don't you like your Montbell windshirt
I think Ben did a good job reviewing it. A couple things to add... The Montbell is very athletically cut. I am a 'medium' size, but like shirts and jackets in large. A large MB fits very...

In GEAR » ANOTHER wind shirt thread
March 22, 11:31pm

Re: Re: "THE LINKS"
Eric, We thought YOU had a virus. But it is apparent your COMPUTER is infected with Malware or similar. Do an Internet search for Adaware and Spybot. They are free. Download and run them. The li...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Annoying links in our text
March 22, 11:08pm

Re: Hmmm
Ahren, I think you just stepped into a hornet's nest. Probably would have been best for you to hang around a few months to capture the breadth and width of the expertise here. Unless you are...

In GEAR » Friendly expertise on camping. Please READ!!
March 22, 10:57pm

Re: Houdini?
I have been using a Montbell windshirt for a couple years, and everytime I put it on, I remind myself how much I hate it. I finally bought a Houdini and after one trip it is absolutely great.

In GEAR » ANOTHER wind shirt thread
March 22, 1:47am

Re: Clothing System
Chad, It really, really depends on the person. I hate cold, but enjoy hiking in winter. I get cold really easily. In the summer in Palm Springs when temps are triple digit, I have to wear a jack...

In GEAR » Clothing System
March 22, 1:41am

Re: moah crampons
I have a pair of Kahtoola Microspikes and a pair of Kahtoola KTS Aluminum. The Aluminum are not for technical climbing, but will take you places where the spikes cannot. You can even run in the KTS...

In GEAR » Kahtoola Microspikes
March 22, 12:15am

Re: Kahtoola Microspikes
Albert, The micro spikes work very well on ice covered trails, and they hold up. They are not for technical climbing. The Kahtoola aluminum crampons weigh about 6 oz more, but aluminum points do...

In GEAR » Kahtoola Microspikes
March 21, 3:54pm

All Reader Reviews by Nick Gatel

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

BPL Beartooth Merino Wool Hoody
Cool enough in 82F weather, warm in cool weather. Hood replaces light cap and light baclava. One piece of gear replaces several single items! Sizing is not 'standard.' But... if you review ...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
March 09, 11:38pm

ULA Equipment
5/5 It seems that from earlier reviews, ULA has solved the communication issues with the addition of Casey to the staff, which must have solved that void. Not only was the communication great (t...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
February 23, 1:49am