Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Nick Gatel (ngatel) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Southern California
About Me Started backpacking in the 1960's and still going strong.
CityPalm Springs
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.popupbackpacker.com
My PDF Gear ListSub 4 lb

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nick Gatel

Showing 3921 - 3930 of 5517 | Page: 1 ...384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 ...552

Forum » Thread

Re: Where's the best spot to carry water
"Wherever it works best for you!" Normally I only drink once an hour (or longer on most trips), so I like to stop for a couple minutes and drink my water. I never understood the need t...

In GEAR » Where's the best spot to carry water?
March 24, 10:55pm

Wind?
Does wind increase the speed of a rain drop or slow it? Does wind change the shape of a rain drop? Changing the shape might actually slow a rain drop. Doesn't wind actually place resistence...

In GEAR » Cuben - The 422 mm hydrostatic head dirty little secret
March 24, 10:30pm

Re: @ Nick
Hey, I can dream, can't I? Absolutely! Can you imagine going into REI and getting a MLD, SM, TT shelter; or a Nanatek or EE quilt, right of the shelf with all the diferrent options availa...

In GEAR » Friendly expertise on camping. Please READ!!
March 24, 4:48pm

Re: REI NEEDS TO SELL REAL UL GEAR!
Namely, SMD Gatewood Cape Not enough demand to stock it in their stores. And if it did sell well, Ron could not keep up with the demand, REI would want it made sturdier (and heavier) so they...

March 24, 4:42pm

Re: Under what conditions would you abandon your gear?
I can't think of any, unless it was easy to get to a trailhead and I needed to run there to obtain additional help for another person. Good thing with UL gear is that you can run with your back...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Under what conditions would you abandon your gear?
March 24, 2:47pm

Re: different perspective
The Google search works well and you can also pick a date period. Building a better forum search function may not be a high priority for BPL. It probably does not generate enough money from memb...

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » Search this site with Google
March 24, 9:55am

Re: Don't take it the wrong way.
You cannot eat wealth. A good part of wealth is tied up in tangible things like buildings, infrastructure, etc. A lot of Japan's businesses cannot operate to produce what they need right now. O...

In Gear Deals » Black Diamond Helping Japan
March 23, 11:47pm

Re: satire.
Roger, I enjoy a good joke too, but not at the expense of a person or group. Satire is wonderful if done in good taste. The US is a very wealth country, and there is a large disparity between...

In Chaff » THE WRATH of the Almighty - Mark My Words!!
March 23, 2:44pm

Re: Re: Ha Ha
Good is the greatest enemy of Great

In GEAR » Cuben - The 422 mm hydrostatic head dirty little secret
March 23, 11:08am

Re: Re: Re: Again, wow
"this is coming from somebody whose REI membership number has only six digits" Maybe he can get us 6-digit people and extra discount, or even have scales installed in all the new store...

March 23, 12:18am

All Reader Reviews by Nick Gatel

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

BPL Beartooth Merino Wool Hoody
Cool enough in 82F weather, warm in cool weather. Hood replaces light cap and light baclava. One piece of gear replaces several single items! Sizing is not 'standard.' But... if you review ...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
March 09, 11:38pm

ULA Equipment
5/5 It seems that from earlier reviews, ULA has solved the communication issues with the addition of Casey to the staff, which must have solved that void. Not only was the communication great (t...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
February 23, 1:49am