BPL Community Profile

Nick Gatel (ngatel) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Southern California
About Me Started backpacking in the 1960's and still going strong.
CityPalm Springs
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.popupbackpacker.com
My PDF Gear ListSub 4 lb

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nick Gatel

Showing 3911 - 3920 of 5440 | Page: 1 ...383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 ...544

Forum » Thread

Re: Flame throwers at the ready....@Nick
Tom, My post was not about me. It was about poverty in America. It was about poor people, the good, the bad, and the indifferent. It was about my statement that in America, people do not have to...

In Chaff » Buying Chinese Goods
March 13, 8:08am

@ Tom
Tom, Calm down, you are going to have a heart attack. Lets keep this on a conversational level. The comments about Scandinavia was in response to their high tax rate and excellent society. ...

March 13, 6:48am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Buying Carbon from China
Bob, Agree.

March 12, 4:04pm

Re: Re: Buying Carbon from China
"Like you I've no college degree" Well you would be surprised what is taught and not taught in colleges today. When I finished my last two years, it required almost no study at all...

March 12, 3:36pm

Re: Buying Carbon from China
Matt, To build a motor requires that reality exisits, the ability to reason, logic to support that reason, and rational ethics to tell you what principles to act on to implement your course of a...

March 12, 3:24pm

Re: Online Pharmacy
Mike, Many US drugs are sold in Europe, but under different names. High cost in US reflect FDA approval process (up to $1 billion pre-tax cost per drug).

In Chaff » Online Pharmacy
March 12, 2:59pm

sigh... please get back on subject
Jerry and Jim, if you want to debate it, please start a new thread in Chaff. I am not going to do the research for you. I will give one that I know about. Matsu$hita Electric. I found out about...

In Chaff » Japan Earthquake
March 12, 2:28pm

Re: Re: Re: Buying Chinese Carbon
Katharina, I do not consider them personal attacks at all, and any personal attack cannot shake my foundation.

March 12, 1:59pm

Re: there can only be one 'truth.'
Peter, thank you. So has anyone ever heard of 'guilty until proven innocent' or the KGB? This is where we are headed, and it is how you strip people of their individual rights. This is t...

March 12, 1:56pm

Re: Get the beer, Rog is here
Rog, the important thing we to determine is whether or not hitting 100 pages will melt down the BPL server.

In Chaff » The Carbon Flame War
March 12, 12:47pm

All Reader Reviews by Nick Gatel

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

BPL Beartooth Merino Wool Hoody
Cool enough in 82F weather, warm in cool weather. Hood replaces light cap and light baclava. One piece of gear replaces several single items! Sizing is not 'standard.' But... if you review ...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
March 09, 11:38pm

ULA Equipment
5/5 It seems that from earlier reviews, ULA has solved the communication issues with the addition of Casey to the staff, which must have solved that void. Not only was the communication great (t...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
February 23, 1:49am