BPL Community Profile

Nick Gatel (ngatel) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Southern California
About Me Started backpacking in the 1960's and still going strong.
CityPalm Springs
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.popupbackpacker.com
My PDF Gear ListSub 4 lb

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nick Gatel

Showing 3901 - 3910 of 5468 | Page: 1 ...382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 ...547

Forum » Thread

Re: load lifters.
I learned a lot (or better put - I unlearned a lot) from Dan McHale when I bought one of his packs. The fitting process requires one learn how set-up a pack. McHales are unique because they have a ...

In GEAR » Load lifters too low?
March 20, 11:40pm

Re: RE: San Jacinto
Chad, I can give you some specific information as of this weekend, but not specifically on Cedar Spring. I did an overnight this weekend in the San Jacinto Wilderness area. Most peaks in the ...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » San Jacinto
March 20, 11:25pm

Re: Libya
It is wrong for any country to initiate force against another. The excecption might be to assist a country that has been attacked by another and cannot defend itself, and the assisting country ...

In Chaff » Libya
March 20, 11:11pm

Re: Re: basic institutions and democratic equality -- Lots of questions
Gosh, I leave for a few hours and everyone is really mad at me!! I am getting ready for a business trip, and then a little BP trip, so I won't be around. And at this point, won't be posting...

In Chaff » Buying Chinese Goods
March 16, 12:51am

Re: basic institutions and democratic equality -- Lots of questions
> And what is 'appropriate degree' Nature is not fair. People are born with different abilities. Do we serve ourselves well by limiting the rights of those with greater ability, to tr...

March 15, 2:35pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: basic institutions and democratic equality
just so they can reap what they did not sow. ----------------------------------- And who should reap what they planted? The farmer?

March 15, 1:47pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: basic institutions and democratic equality
$10 million is plenty to provide for your hypothetical child -------------------------------- Who determines that? If it is the parent's child, shouldn't they be the one to decide? Is...

March 15, 1:45pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: basic institutions and democratic equality
What the Republicans are worried about are the Koch and Walton families that have $billions, and coincidentally give large political contributions Same thing with the tax cuts for rich people. T...

March 15, 1:42pm

Re: Re: basic institutions and democratic equality
"We have a HIGH estate tax rate. After a lifetime of achievements and rewards -- methinks it's good for BOTH society and the heirs of the wealthy that we level the playing field again.&quo...

March 15, 11:30am

Re: basic institutions and democratic equality
George, We need to define "democratic equality?" Where did the concept come from? Hint: Study John Rawls' Egalitarianism. What is equality? For this discussion (regarding people...

March 15, 11:16am

All Reader Reviews by Nick Gatel

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

BPL Beartooth Merino Wool Hoody
Cool enough in 82F weather, warm in cool weather. Hood replaces light cap and light baclava. One piece of gear replaces several single items! Sizing is not 'standard.' But... if you review ...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
March 09, 11:38pm

ULA Equipment
5/5 It seems that from earlier reviews, ULA has solved the communication issues with the addition of Casey to the staff, which must have solved that void. Not only was the communication great (t...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
February 23, 1:49am