Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Nick Gatel (ngatel) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Southern California
About Me Started backpacking in the 1960's and still going strong.
CityPalm Springs
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.popupbackpacker.com
My PDF Gear ListSub 4 lb

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nick Gatel

Showing 3901 - 3910 of 5800 | Page: 1 ...382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 ...580

Forum » Thread

Re: What's happening to us?
Craig, BINGO!! BINGO!! BINGO!! I use technology everyday. It has made me more productive and it has allowed me to earn more money. I also train people how to sell and how to provide great cus...

In Chaff » What's happening to us?
April 22, 12:04pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Gossamer Gear Murmur
That's true, Bob. Anyway, whichever way you go, let us know how it works out. I think your Mumur can make the trip without tearing... just don't blame me if it does. Might be a good idea...

In GEAR » Gossamer Gear Murmur
April 22, 12:00am

Re: iphone
Drop it and break it, or a dead battery means you have no... compass or map. :( If you carry back ups, then it is not needed :) Weighs more than my stove, cone, and pot/mug :) Normally ...

In GEAR » What Item(s) Optimize the Best of Gear Convergence?
April 21, 11:00pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Gossamer Gear Murmur
"Yes, but there is a need to be constantly challenging the standards of what can be done." 22 lbs can be done with a Spinnaker Murmur. I have done it. But like Glenn said, you might no...

In GEAR » Gossamer Gear Murmur
April 21, 10:46pm

Re: Re: font/print options, OK??? :)
Hehe... hard to believe the thousands of posts you must have read to date -- and you haven't noticed anything underlined, bolded or in italics ? :) ------ What Eric means is that in other...

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » font/print options, OK??? :)
April 21, 10:38pm

Re: Re: How about things that do at least three things
2. clothes washing machine Brilliant!! Could also be a sink for cookware?

In GEAR » What Item(s) Optimize the Best of Gear Convergence?
April 21, 4:50pm

Re: Spring Mountains
If you want more isolation, you might look at the White Mountains too. East side of the Ownens Valley right next to Nevada. I think there might be a couple trip reports posted on BPL. White Mountai...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Loops In Sierra/Kings Canyon/Etc Coming from Vegas
April 21, 1:54pm

Re: glad we are not all the same..makes life great
Beware of surveys. Even though I posted the survey results. That survey was done in 1991, and did not contain a wide cross section of respondents... it was targeted to the Book of the Month Club, a...

In Chaff » It's only a movie
April 21, 12:04pm

Re: Three Essential Items
Pretty funny. Of course manufacturers cannot take advantage of us :) but we can be stupid and buy stupid stuff. As Konrad said, the sandals are great if you are a surfer, I grew up in that culture,...

In GEAR » Three Essential Items
April 21, 11:27am

Re: liners
If you current boots are not breathable (e.g., leather) then I have found that silk liners are great. Helps wick moisture and keeps your feet drier, than without. I have also found that silk works ...

In GEAR » sock liners - necessary?
April 21, 11:21am

All Reader Reviews by Nick Gatel

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

BPL Beartooth Merino Wool Hoody
Cool enough in 82F weather, warm in cool weather. Hood replaces light cap and light baclava. One piece of gear replaces several single items! Sizing is not 'standard.' But... if you review ...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
March 09, 11:38pm

ULA Equipment
5/5 It seems that from earlier reviews, ULA has solved the communication issues with the addition of Casey to the staff, which must have solved that void. Not only was the communication great (t...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
February 23, 1:49am