Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Serge Giachetti (sgiachetti) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Boulder, CO
About Me I started backpacking as a teenager in southern appalachia. My summers in college were spent in mountain heaven, glacier national park. Since then, I've lived and played in the high sierras, the cascades, and now the colorado front range. Walking into the mountains for a few days with a light pack never seems to lose its charm. Also a snapper of many photos. Check out my instagram for short visual trip reports and such.
CityBoulder
StateCO
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttps://instagram.com/sergegiachetti/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Serge Giachetti

Showing 391 - 400 of 777 | Page: 1 ...31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ...78

Forum » Thread

bd experience
The bdbl was my only shelter for about 10 years. Its stellar. I have no experience with the duomid, but I can say that the bdbl is palatial. Roomy for 2, & can squeeze in 3. The bugnet is reall...

In GEAR » BD Beta light vs MLD Duomid
February 24, 4:26pm

thought the same
I bought one & also thought it seemed distictly underfilled. Packs up smaller than my rab infinity even though its cut about a size bigger and suppodly has about 2.5 oz more down. Its a nice ja...

In GEAR » Brooks-Range Mojave Down Jacket
February 23, 2:14pm

gear lists
Max, I've got a 'job' that gives me of a lot of free time as well, which has lead to some pretty obsessive trip planning & gear-headery. Last summer I did a thorough study of the li...

In GEAR » Summer Backpacking Weight Experiment
February 23, 7:41am

devils advocate
@rick. The jacket looks good, I'll check it out. I'm still a little skeptical about the role of designated mid layers for 3 season backpacking. It ads redundancy, complication, and weig...

In GEAR » 2013 Mid Layer Hoody Roundup / Contingency Plan
February 22, 1:06am

Re: 2013 Mid Layer Hoody Roundup / Contingency Plan
Add the patagonia piton hybrid hoody. Some retailers still have them. 11 oz w/ windpro panels. I like this piece b/c it gives you a little more versatility as a mid or outer. I like the T2/cap 4 gr...

In GEAR » 2013 Mid Layer Hoody Roundup / Contingency Plan
February 21, 5:07pm

sensibility
Yum...Hardees: a good way to get stupid heavy. 'Stupid light?' is probably a good question to ask where safety enters the equation. Not sure, but I think alpinist Kelly Cordes first use...

In GEAR » Examples of "Stupid Light"
February 21, 2:14am

ghost vs. flash
The ghost whisperer is also well reviewed: http://www.outdoorgearlab.com/Down-Jacket-Reviews/Mountain-Hardwear-Hooded-Ghost-Whisperer http://www.gearinstitute.com/hiking/item/mountain-hardwear...

In GEAR » Fill weight of : WM Men's Hooded Flash (L) vs. MH Hooded Ghost Whisperer (L)
February 20, 11:44pm

VB's
I'm not an expert on VB's but I think you need something a lot thinner than a cap 4 or T2. You shud only be a little damp, never soaking wet. Check out what andre skurka has to say about VB...

In GEAR » Help me find my perfect baselayer
February 19, 2:33pm

Re: My second (smaller) Zimmerbuilt Pack
Impressive. I like the belt design. you knew this was coming, but: weight?

In GEAR » My second (smaller) Zimmerbuilt Pack
February 16, 12:46am

rx100
I love my rx100. I'm continually amazed by the quality, and its a pleasure to shoot with. Very responsive. I hadn't used a point and shoot since 2005 and my first time using the rx100 felt ...

In Photography » Should I buy a Sony RX100 to replace my old Canon G5?
February 13, 12:15am

All Reader Reviews by Serge Giachetti

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Trail Designs Customer Service
Rand was really helpful on two stove purchases. Answered all questions almost immediately and helped get a sidewinder made for me at a moment's notice for a trip. Couldn't as for better custom...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
August 10, 3:44am

Gossamer Gear Gorilla
I'm very impressed with this pack. I tried out a few packs for a planned AT thru hike (didn't pan out yet), and this was far and a away my favorite. With the stay and sitpad, the pack conforms...

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 28, 1:59am

Gossamer Gear Gorilla
edit: double post

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 28, 1:56am