Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Serge Giachetti (sgiachetti) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Boulder, CO
About Me I started backpacking as a teenager in southern appalachia. My summers in college were spent in mountain heaven, glacier national park. Since then, I've lived and played in the high sierras, the cascades, and now the colorado front range. Walking into the mountains for a few days with a light pack never seems to lose its charm. I recently picked up a bad habit called climbing.
CityBoulder
StateCO
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://sergegiachetti.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Serge Giachetti

Showing 391 - 400 of 735 | Page: 1 ...31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ...74

Forum » Thread

Halloween store
Recently my friend and I were packing our gear at the trailhead for a few nights in the weminuche. As I was extolling the virtues of the latest lightweight powerdry grid, my friend pulls out three ...

In GEAR » ultralite tights?
October 26, 11:58pm

pragmatism
I appreciate the pragmatic approach here. "Is this the best tool for the job?" is exactly the right question. The welcome trend toward minimalist footwear has been, disappointingly, shrou...

In Editor's Roundtable » Considering Minimalist Footwear for Backpacking
October 24, 7:26pm

dedicated hardshells are more durable
in true winter conditions, you don't generally need a hardshell since the dwr on your windshirt or softshell should do fine keeping snow at bay. Although thats probably less true for the wet sn...

In GEAR » Is dedicated Hard shell really required?
October 20, 11:48pm

Rab Demand
The demand is lighter. Mine is 10oz in a large. They are on sale at campsaver right now: http://www.campsaver.com/demand-pull-on-smock-jacket-men-s I'm a big fan of this piece. The increased...

In GEAR » Marmot Minimalist
October 19, 12:50am

More impressions
I'm still getting along well with the nao. I mainly pack it if I think that I'll be doing significant night hiking or if I'm doing something that requires a lot of route finding and scr...

In GEAR » petzl nao first impressions
October 19, 12:42am

stuff
New for 2012 Sony RX100 this is only a few weeks old, but I've already got about 12 days out with it and I'm totally impressed. This is a great little camera that easily bests most DSLR&...

In GEAR » Favorite piece of gear - Fall 2012 edition
October 17, 12:05am

nice
nice work, Brendan! I'm liking your use of soft light.

In Photography » Fuji X100 for backpacking review
October 16, 1:40pm

galen
I interned at mountain light photography pouring over galen's catalogue as an image researcher for a summer in college. I keep thinking about how psyched he would be running around with one of ...

In Photography » Sony RX1--full frame fixed lens compact
October 16, 1:11pm

i was thinking the same
This makes sense to me Mike. I was thinking the same as I've been using an MEC T2 lately thats a great addition to the kit (same powerdry as cap4). Its definitely more versatile, although I'...

In GEAR » light hooded mid-layer + light down vest > than a light hooded down jacket?
October 06, 12:57am

its fine
If you're obsessed with shedding weight, then I'm sure you can get away with a lot less than the alpine light, however I doubt you'll feel uncomfortably hot in it if its cold enough to ...

In GEAR » MB Alpine Light Parka - overkill warmth or OK?
October 04, 12:13am

All Reader Reviews by Serge Giachetti

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Trail Designs Customer Service
Rand was really helpful on two stove purchases. Answered all questions almost immediately and helped get a sidewinder made for me at a moment's notice for a trip. Couldn't as for better custom...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
August 10, 3:44am

Gossamer Gear Gorilla
I'm very impressed with this pack. I tried out a few packs for a planned AT thru hike (didn't pan out yet), and this was far and a away my favorite. With the stay and sitpad, the pack conforms...

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 28, 1:59am

Gossamer Gear Gorilla
edit: double post

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 28, 1:56am