Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Serge G. (sgiachetti) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Boulder, CO
About Me I started backpacking as a teenager in southern appalachia. My summers in college were spent in mountain heaven, glacier national park. Since then, I've lived and played in the high sierras, the cascades, and now the colorado front range. Walking into the mountains for a few days with a light pack never seems to lose its charm. I recently picked up a bad habit called climbing.
CityBoulder
StateCO
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://sergegiachetti.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Serge G.

Showing 391 - 400 of 703 | Page: 1 ...31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ...71

Forum » Thread

haters hate
but this will be a badass hoody with 2.8 oz of downtek. note the reviewer mentions sleeping in this with the katabatic palisade at 15 degrees. Aaron's ratings are definitely conservative. I'...

In GEAR » New MH ghost whisperer down jacket, 7oz
September 05, 12:43am

meco
here to echo what others have said: meco is awesome. Has the best qualities of merino/synth-that p.retty much settles it for me. I'd get a 120 LS for a thru. If only rab had a 120 meco hoody. I...

In GEAR » Merino vs. Synthetic for a Thru
September 04, 4:03am

downtek version on the way
i'd wait until spring when I think they are introducing a downtek version. http://www.gorp.com/gear-reviews/category/jackets/insulated-jackets/ This one could actually replace my beloved...

In GEAR » New MH ghost whisperer down jacket, 7oz
September 03, 3:43am

ruta locura
The gg lt4's are the bees knees. However the locking mechanism isn't great. I got a 3 section yana pole b/c the long gg's were getting in the way when I was scrambling and bushwacking. ...

In GEAR » GG LT4S & Ruta Locura/TiGoat poles. Which are easier to adjust? Other thoughts welcome too.
September 02, 3:40pm

burn
the mld burn is nice if you are going for low volume. It weighs less than a lb. The kumo looks good but you might consider the gorilla. Stripped down its about a lb but then you've got the opti...

In GEAR » Best pack that weighs around 1 LB?
September 01, 3:51pm

good
I like mine b/c its super light, simple and quite breathable. Price is nice too. Since there's no adjustability, you've got to make sure it fits out of the box, so I'd order a couple si...

In GEAR » Stoic Wraith Wind Shell, Any Opinions ?
September 01, 5:51am

L 9.5
My size large is 9.5 oz. I wore it throughout last winter/spring with a wool hoody base. Its a great action layer with a broad temp range.

In GEAR » marmot driclime windshirt replacement
August 30, 9:54pm

ether
I have the ether & it does have handwarmer pockets. I love mine. I think campsaer has them on sale for a steal too.

In GEAR » marmot driclime windshirt replacement
August 30, 6:15pm

T2
Looking forward to your comparison Dave. Was searching for a similar piece and settled on the MEC T2. Haven't gotten to test it, but the medium fits me perfectly and it only weighs 6.5 oz. The ...

In GEAR » Patagonia Capilene 4 Hoody
August 30, 1:18am

bump
that demand is a really nice shell for any non-desert dwellers in the market.

In Gear Swap » FS: Rab Demand Pull-On 3-Layer eVent, Patagonia Nine Trails windjacket, Kahtoola Microspikes, Soleus Ultra Sole watch
August 23, 11:35pm

All Reader Reviews by Serge G.

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Trail Designs Customer Service
Rand was really helpful on two stove purchases. Answered all questions almost immediately and helped get a sidewinder made for me at a moment's notice for a trip. Couldn't as for better custom...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
August 10, 3:44am

Gossamer Gear Gorilla
I'm very impressed with this pack. I tried out a few packs for a planned AT thru hike (didn't pan out yet), and this was far and a away my favorite. With the stay and sitpad, the pack conforms...

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 28, 1:59am

Gossamer Gear Gorilla
edit: double post

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 28, 1:56am