November 20, 2015 8:16 PM MST - Subscription purchasing, account maintenance, forum profile maintenance, new account registration, and forum posting have been disabled
as we prepare our databases for the final migration to our new server next week. Stay tuned here for more details.
Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Serge Giachetti (sgiachetti) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Boulder, CO
About Me I started backpacking as a teenager in southern appalachia. My summers in college were spent in mountain heaven, glacier national park. Since then, I've lived and played in the high sierras, the cascades, and now the colorado front range. Walking into the mountains for a few days with a light pack never seems to lose its charm. Also a snapper of many photos. Check out my instagram for short visual trip reports and such.
My Website URL

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Serge Giachetti

Showing 391 - 400 of 799 | Page: 1 ...31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ...80

Forum » Thread

I'm just here to reiterate the awesomeness of the hexamid. I use the twin, its on the tighter side for two people, but if you want the lightest bugproof two person, I think thats it. Bugs aren&...

In GEAR » Lightest/Most packable 2 person shelter?
April 25, 11:45pm

another arc'teryx option The palisades. You can get these in a 35-32 size, which should work well. I'...

In GEAR » Tall and Slim Softshell Hiking Pants
April 25, 2:13am

next in line if it falls through

In Gear Swap » FS: Cuben Trailstar
April 24, 12:00am

probably both are great...
but I gotta vouch for the hexamid. I've had the twin for the last two years and its been flawless. All in, for the tarp with beak, mine weighs 6 oz.

In GEAR » Hexamid Solo, Hexamid Solo Plus or SMD Skyscape-X
April 23, 11:50pm

Re: Re: Favorite Gear Blog
I like for a strait shot of techy gear nerdery. They seem to have a good understanding of clothing systems, they cover the euro brands like rab, and the writing can actually be pr...

In GEAR » Favorite Gear Blog
April 23, 11:45pm

Anyone with a Duomid in the Boulder/Denver?
I'm interested in getting a cuben duomid as my do it all four season shelter, but I'm not sure if at 6'2" I can fit well with a lofty bag and a partner. Anyone local have one that ...

In GEAR » Anyone with a Duomid in the Boulder/Denver?
April 23, 1:07am

Continually impressed with these smaller designs. This one weighs barely more than my rx100, with an ap-c sensor. I'd definitely be interested in this sort of thing if only it came with a 35mm ...

In Photography » Finally - Ricoh GR
April 20, 9:02pm

Jennifer, Meco is a nice merino/synthetic blend with cocona blended in (faster drying times). Its a nice compromise between the strengths of merino and synthetic without most of the weaknesses. I l...

In GEAR » Meco Hoody
April 20, 5:22pm

Meco Hoody
Been hoping rab would make a meco hoody for some time, and here it is. Along with some other stuff. Kind of wish they could do a 120 version, but maybe the 165 could cut it for summer too. http...

In GEAR » Meco Hoody
April 19, 11:12pm

This sounds great. Thanks for the post.

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Bulletproof Trail Coffee
April 16, 2:23pm

All Reader Reviews by Serge Giachetti

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Trail Designs Customer Service
Rand was really helpful on two stove purchases. Answered all questions almost immediately and helped get a sidewinder made for me at a moment's notice for a trip. Couldn't as for better custom...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
August 10, 3:44am

Gossamer Gear Gorilla
I'm very impressed with this pack. I tried out a few packs for a planned AT thru hike (didn't pan out yet), and this was far and a away my favorite. With the stay and sitpad, the pack conforms...

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 28, 1:59am

Gossamer Gear Gorilla
edit: double post

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 28, 1:56am