BPL Community Profile

Scott Bentz (scottbentz) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Southern California
About Me I live in the foothills of the San Gabriel Mountains. I can get to a lot of nice hiking areas right from my street or travel for 15 minutes to higher elevations in the Angeles National Forrest. I started packing again with my sons in their Boy Scout troop. I was definitely not light that first trip 6 years ago and have been reducing my pack weight ever since. I mainly pack a few times a year in the Eastern and Western Sierras.
My PDF Gear ListNorth Lake South Lake 2012

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Scott Bentz

Showing 391 - 400 of 415 | Page: 1 ...23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

Forum » Thread

Milk
Someone mentioned the taste of milk on the trail. I like to use Carnation Instant Breakfast in the morning with milk. However, powdered milk that is freshly made tastes bad. So, what I like to do i...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » What meals do you eat on longer trips?
June 07, 3:20pm

What Inseam
What is the inseam for the pants?

In Gear Swap » FS: Misc RailRiders 50% off
June 06, 5:31pm

How is Food Distributed?
This is a general question of food distribution, principally dehydrated dinners. I understand that you get your allotment of food at the beginning and resupplies. Do the dehydrated meals come b...

In Philmont » Cooking Systems
June 06, 4:21pm

Size of Bag
Sven, I would have bought that bag in a second. However, the 5'6" length limits it. I would have bought for my son but at 5'10" I figure it was too short. I love WM bags.

In Gear Swap » Western Mountaineering Highlite FS
June 06, 2:57pm

Cooking in cups (heating food)
Yea, I have to make sure the cups are stout enough. I'll use both methods on the shakedown hikes and let the troop decide. I think it would be nice not to have to carry out more dirty bags than...

June 06, 2:48pm

Thanks Sarah
We get the kids to use either a cottage cheese tub or a large drink cup from a fast food restaurant. Serving goes in, water goes in, alum foil on top and wait. Just clean when done. No extra bags. ...

June 05, 12:53pm

Cooking Options
Okay Philmont Experts: Typically, when we go as a group we do the following: Break down dehydrated food into individual serving sizes Heat water (usually a pot that can heat enough water for...

June 05, 8:38am

Questions
See PM

In Gear Swap » WM Mitylite sleeping bag FS
June 02, 3:37pm

PM Sent
See my PM please.

In Gear Swap » FS: Kelty Lightyear 25D Sleeping bag
May 30, 3:03pm

LT6
I have been using an LT6 for the last year. I picked one up because i had burned my ears so bad when using a baseball style cap. I used to not like any type of hat, however, I do find a hat solves ...

In GEAR » Tilley hat - which one?
May 27, 10:28am

All Reader Reviews by Scott Bentz

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

MSR MIOX
We used a MSR Miox on a trip with 9 people (Scouts). We got very spotty results and ended up playing with the unit more than we wanted. It seemed like the perfect solution but was not worth the wait. ...

In Hydration - Water Treatment
June 03, 5:04pm