Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

obx hiker (obxcola) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Outer Banks of North Carolina
About Me 60: Wide but relatively shallow experience. That's my older daughter and "baby" brother in the photo
at Gragg Prong , Wilson Creek.
CityNags Head
StateNorth Carolina
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.obxcola.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by obx hiker

Showing 391 - 400 of 417 | Page: 1 ...23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

Forum » Thread

Brawny tents done in cuben
So Sam, This is a Brawny design? It's looks like that to me but I've only seen a Brawny once. One thing I really liked about that design is the ease and simplicity of the set-up. Gott...

In GEAR » Joe Valesko of Zpack's new 9oz tent
December 17, 5:13pm

Montane-Lite-Speed-Jacket-Mens
Check this location: Very good price for a great wind parka http://www.backcountry.com/outdoorgear/Montane-Lite-Speed-Jacket-Mens/MNT0020M.html

In GEAR » Windshirt - Houdini not available, other suggestions?
December 17, 7:35am

Lightest weight baselayers: Golite drimove silkweight LS
"Thank you everyone for your input. I went ahead and ordered the Golite Silkweight L/S shirt for a top" Where'd you find it Brad?

In GEAR » Lightest weight baselayers?
December 07, 7:55pm

MLD cuben products
Are punctures really that big a problem with cuben? Beyond the obvious potential........is this really a big problem? I mean it's not like you're wearing cuben pants and rabbit hunting.....

In GEAR » MLD Superlight Bivy vs LiteSoul Bivy
November 12, 5:48pm

Stephenson's DAM
The dam air mattress was designed by Jack Stephenson to fit into a sleeve in the bottom section of the bag. The bottom section is the heaviest individual part of the 6 possible parts...did I get th...

In GEAR » Exped downmat vs. Stephenson's DAM
November 08, 1:11pm

Rain Gear
As Sid put it: "You have no protection from rain while you're setting up your shelter when using a poncho/tarp" Not to mention leaving the shelter for ANYTHING. Like Sid I also love ...

In GEAR » Another Rain Gear Thread
October 01, 12:59pm

Inside or Out
Hmmmmmm; I'm surprised at these replies; but then I haven't tried the quilt with the pad outside but once. That time was a freezing night car camping in a tent with a themarest 3" camp...

In GEAR » Nunatak
October 01, 6:19am

Pads for Nunatak Quilts
What pads do You all recommend for Nunatak quilt/bags. I recently had a real problem using my arc alpinist with the new neo air The neo was just too stiff/wide to fit comfortably inside the "b...

In GEAR » Nunatak
September 30, 8:03pm

How do I avoid chafing
In a word: underarmour

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » How do I avoid chafing?
September 30, 7:53pm

Updated Mont-Bell UL Down Jacket
Thanks for the review. I've owned a thermawrap jacket for years and it is the most wind-proof jacket; we live in the wind around here. Got to have something to do with the calendered treatment ...

In GEAR » Updated Mont-Bell UL Down Jacket
September 30, 6:39pm

All Reader Reviews by obx hiker

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

BPL Blow-Up Pillow
Used the dual chamber for @ 5 years. Don't want to get it too full but that's easy to adjust. Can be a little tricky to get fully de-flated for packing. Persistence! Cover it with your tee-shi...

In Miscellaneous Products
September 30, 8:19pm

Montbell Thermawrap jacket
William Siemens has it right about wind-resistance being a key. This jacket is wonderfully wind resistant. The Northern Outer Banks of NC can be an incredibly cold place due to the combination of wind...

In Clothing - Insulating - Synthetic (Polarguard, Primaloft, etc.)
February 25, 4:32pm