BPL Community Profile

John Harper (johnnyh88) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale The SouthWest
About Me John Harper has not added a biography yet.
CountryUnited States
My PDF Gear ListDownload my Gear List (PDF)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John Harper

Showing 391 - 400 of 656 | Page: 1 ...31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ...66

Forum » Thread

Re: Never heard of a problem
Yea, I'd never heard of a problem either but I thought I'd ask. Just like with your deer, it would make sense that I was probably in their bedding ground.

In Philosophy & Technique » Elk
September 18, 7:31am

Elk
When I was out on a solo trip last week, I encountered a large number of elk. I've often seen signs of elk, but this was my first time actually seeing them and I wasn't 100% sure what to do...

In Philosophy & Technique » Elk
September 17, 8:57pm

Re: SPOT vs ACR? Need some advice
"What I found was that most of the mishaps I felt I would face would leave me either 1) dead or 2) able to set off the PLB, even if that meant doing so after waking up after getting knocked ou...

In GEAR » SPOT vs ACR? Need some advice
September 15, 7:03pm

Re: How Spot processes "911"
Well, that is what SPOT does, not how it does it. PLBs send out a 5 watt 406 MHz signal. From what I have been able to find (http://www.energyindustryphotos.com/a_guide_to_personal_locator_beac....

September 13, 4:25pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: SPOT vs ACR? Need some advice
Yes, I have a subscription to 406link.com and test it monthly so I am confident it is working. You are correct that without the subscription the self-test just verifies the unit is capable of worki...

September 13, 3:21pm

Re: Re: SPOT vs ACR? Need some advice
"My contention to PLB users is that you ASSUME your PLB is working and you ASSUME PLBs have a meaningfully higher reliability than SPOT. You are ASSUMING because you don't actually test yo...

September 13, 10:16am

Re: Re: Baking
Thanks for the info, I'll have to give it a try some time. Searching online, I see some "jumbo" muffin cups that might work with a larger pot.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » BOREDOM... Pictures:Gear (14.8 lbs)
September 12, 1:33pm

Re: Baking setup
Cool looking baking setup. How well does it work? Does it work similar to the bakepacker?

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » BOREDOM... Pictures:Gear (14.8 lbs)
September 12, 8:34am

Re: Re: ULA Sleeping bag
Why would ULA put out such a heavy bag? More information would be nice to justify the weight and cost. The Kelty Cosmic 20 degree bag, which costs far less and also uses 550 down (http://www.ke...

In GEAR » ULA Sleeping bag
September 07, 8:07am

Miles Gear
I don't have any experience with the Uber Bivy from Miles Gear, but I got a customized version of his double trouble bivy a few months ago (he added in a zippered mesh door and changed the dime...

In GEAR » Uber Bivy or Nemo Gogo?
September 05, 8:46am

All Reader Reviews by John Harper

John Harper has posted no reviews.