BPL Community Profile

John Harper (johnnyh88) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale The SouthWest
About Me John Harper has not added a biography yet.
CountryUnited States
My PDF Gear ListDownload my Gear List (PDF)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John Harper

Showing 391 - 400 of 668 | Page: 1 ...31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ...67

Forum » Thread

Re: Pemmican
Stephen, your posts inspired me to make my own pemmican a couple months back. While I think I added too much rendered fat, the stuff turned out pretty good! So far, I've mainly tried adding...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Pemmican added to ????
October 29, 9:16pm

Re: making use of Hurricane Sandy?
I had a great time setting up shelters in my back yard during this past monsoon season. Monsoons are no hurricanes, but you sure learn a lot when you try to set up your tent during a heavy downpour...

In GEAR » making use of Hurricane Sandy?
October 29, 3:31pm

Re: FS: pyramid tarp and inner net tent
Inner net tent is sold, Luna 2 tarp is still available!

In Gear Swap » FS: pyramid tarp and inner net tent
October 29, 3:15pm

FS: pyramid tarp and inner net tent
EDIT: both items are sold! I'm selling a customized Luna 2 pyramid tarp and a PyraNet 2 from BearPaw Wilderness Desings. Both are in new, unused condition. The inner net has only been set up...

In Gear Swap » FS: pyramid tarp and inner net tent
October 29, 1:10pm

Re: Elk
Thanks for the info/thoughts every one. My main concern wasn't being attacked when awake, it was being accidentally run over in the middle of the night. It was certainly a night I was glad I...

In Philosophy & Technique » Elk
October 17, 6:35pm

Re: addition
For 3 season, I use an XS Thermarest Prolite (R-value of 2.2) and then a foam sit pad under my legs/feet. I use a quilt and have been down to around 30 degrees with no problem, but I do try to seek...

In GEAR » Hyalite CC Foam Pad
October 04, 1:33pm

Re: Re: Hyalite CC Foam Pad
No, it doesn't have much texture to speak of. I've never used a WalMart blue foam pad so I can't make a direct comparison. The foam is quite different than REI's blue foam pad, howe...

October 04, 8:10am

Hyalite CC Foam Pad
I just received my Hyalite CC foam pad from backcountryedge.com today. I haven't seen much talk about this pad yet so I thought I'd post my initial thoughts on it. According to Hyalite&...

October 03, 9:54pm

Re: 2011 GoLite Jam 70L
I forgot to update this thread, but after awhile of no offers I went ahead with another pack and am no longer looking for a Jam 70.

In Gear Swap » WTB: 2012 GoLite Jam 70
October 02, 8:21pm

Re: ULA Circuit size comparison
They're quite different packs. After some trimming, the Deuter weighs about 1.25 lbs more than the Circuit, but mostly all that weight is in the frame and in the hipbelt padding (the pack itsel...

In GEAR » ULA Circuit size comparison
September 26, 8:17am

All Reader Reviews by John Harper

John Harper has posted no reviews.