Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

John Harper (johnnyh88) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The SouthWest
About Me John Harper has not added a biography yet.
CountryUnited States
My PDF Gear ListDownload my Gear List (PDF)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John Harper

Showing 391 - 400 of 1085 | Page: 1 ...31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ...109

Forum » Thread

Re: How to kill a trout
According to this article, the method Craig mentions above is what Daniel Galhardo of Tenkara USA uses: http://www.tenkarausa.com/cooking-trout-campfire/ He also shows a unique way to gut and...

In Fishing » How to kill a trout
September 12, 4:19pm

Re: Re: Pecos Wilderness
I think wildfires in the Pecos in June would be your biggest issue. As mentioned above, the forest may be closed after a dry winter, at least until the monsoons start in early July. When planni...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Good early June backpacking areas
September 11, 9:18pm

Re: argon sil dead?
No idea - I am not Dutch and I don't sell the fabric. I would contact him if you have questions about the fabric's availability. I also don't frequent Hammock Forums, but my searches re...

In Make Your Own Gear » Argon Silnylon Pyramid Tarp - Hex
September 11, 4:49pm

Re: Re: Re: Suspension
"Have either of you actually used the pack?" No, and that's why I started this thread :) MLD would do themselves well by posting more pictures of how the suspension upgrade work...

In GEAR » MLD Packs "Lightweight Suspension Upgrade"
September 11, 10:46am

Re: Suspension
Yes, I think the zippered pad pocket was a good idea too. My first UL pack was an SMD Swift and its zippered pad pocket was one of my favorite features. MLD's design seems to be a different tak...

September 11, 10:04am

Re: Re: Argon Silnylon Pyramid Tarp - Hex
The 30D silnylon I purchased from LHG for the inner tent's floor weighed around 1.5 oz/sqyd. A little heavier than I wanted, but the stuff feels very durable and thick, so it should be quite wa...

September 10, 9:59pm

Inner Tent
A couple updates: I seam-sealed the Argon Hex. Total weight of the completed tarp is 15.0 oz Also, I made an inner tent for it. The specs: 30D silnylon floor (from Lightheart Gear - blue m...

September 10, 8:58pm

Re: Re: The Frankenstein MLD Exodus/Arc Blast with custom features .....perfect pack?
Looks awesome! 150D Cuben Hybrid: as far as I know, only HMGs 4400 series of packs are using this material now. I've never touched the stuff - I've only used 50D

In GEAR » The Frankenstein MLD Exodus/Arc Blast with custom features .....perfect pack?
September 10, 2:29pm

Re: MLD Packs "Lightweight Suspension Upgrade"
I did not realize the bulb was needed. It's an interesting comparison for me: ZPacks Arc Blast 60L: 17oz MLD Prophet: 17 oz (23 oz with suspension upgrade, maybe add 1 oz bulb) Old Gossame...

September 10, 9:54am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: MLD Packs "Lightweight Suspension Upgrade"
Yes, saving the 3 oz is one reason I asked, since I always carry a small foam pad for my dog. The other reason was for "what if the Klymit pad gets a leak?" (not too concerned about this ...

September 10, 9:06am

All Reader Reviews by John Harper

John Harper has posted no reviews.