J W (jhaura) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale www.Trailability.com
About Me http://www.facebook.com/JhauraWachsman
CityOjai
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://Trailability.com
My PDF Gear ListJhaura's 3 Season, Sub-5, Updated Feb 16, 2012

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by J W

Showing 391 - 400 of 591 | Page: 1 ...31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ...60

Forum » Thread

Suunto x9i GPS External Antenna Modification
Poor antenna design on x9i, so I hacked it up and added an external antenna jack and made my own removable SUL external antenna. I used MMCX connectors and 24awg bare wire cut to exactly 1/2 GPS...

In Make Your Own Gear » Suunto x9i GPS External Antenna Modification
April 19, 2:28pm

Re: JMT Thru Hike
Jeff, Hey, sorry the link didn't work, but it was just to my profile here on BPL's site. You can see it at any time by clicking my name or user name next to this post. My gear list is th...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » JMT thru hike
April 17, 11:50pm

Re: Cuben Fiber 1.2oz Rain Pants
Nice Bill, does that pattern come full size or is it just instructions? I have a professional snap press and all the sizes of KAM polyacetal snaps, similar to the ones Patagonia uses. If you get...

In Make Your Own Gear » Cuben Fiber 1.2oz Rain Pants
April 16, 8:49pm

Re: Printing TOPO! maps
Paul, I have the Canon ip4300, retails for about $99. Nice thing about it is: * borderless printing on 8 1/2x11 letter size paper, maybe on legal too, but have not tried that. * individual...

In GEAR » Printing TOPO! maps
April 16, 12:49pm

Re: Warm head wear for using w/quilt?
Don't know if you use down or not, but the JRB down hood at $59 is good down to the mid 20's for me. It has about 2" of loft. http://jacksrbetter.com/index_files/Down%20Hood.htm

In GEAR » Warm head wear for using w/quilt?
April 15, 11:06am

Re: Doug's Sub-4 Gear List
Doug, Nice, solid list. You've got lots of experience and it shows. As a BPL staffer, it better be a tight list! :) BTW, any specs on the MLD poncho that's not out yet? I know you don...

In Gear Lists » Doug's Sub-4 Gear List
April 14, 10:40pm

Re: Modified MLD Zip Pack
Sam: Thanks for the props! I'm basically at the point where I will be making my big 3 or 4 gear pieces start to finish. This was one of the last gear items I will buy for myself that is read...

In Make Your Own Gear » Modified MLD Zip Pack
April 09, 9:58am

Modified MLD Zip Pack
Here's some pics of my MLD Zip pack that I modified recently. Total weight with sternum strap: 8.9oz, size large. Approx new volume 1750ci. Thanks to Ron at MLD for a great pack and excellen...

In Make Your Own Gear » Modified MLD Zip Pack
April 08, 4:32pm

Waterproof Map Paper
Artisyn Synthetic Paper - 10 Mil is a great alternative to NG Adventure paper, and is sold by the single sheet. Only avail. in letter size. Shipping is $6. At 67 cents a sheet ($0.69 for less th...

In Gear Deals » Waterproof Map Paper
April 01, 1:53pm

Re: Thru-Fishing the JMT - Dry Fly Selection
#18 Red Ant or #20 black midge. These two drys never fail if there is no current hatch or prominent food source.

In Fishing » Anyone thru-fished the JMT?
April 01, 1:50pm

All Reader Reviews by J W

Showing 1 - 7 of 7 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Titanium Goat Adjustable CF Trekking Poles
Just received these poles so this is a pre-trip review. Superb craftsmanship, super light and exactly what I would have made if I could do it myself. The adjustable mechanism is easy to use and ...

In Trekking Poles
July 04, 10:45pm

Mountain Laurel Designs Zip Pack
The perfect balance between light weight and durability with features like side pockets, padded shoulder straps and dyneema spectra grid fabric, all for under 10 oz. I have a second generation one,...

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 25, 7:10pm

Patagonia Men's Wool 2 Crew long sleeve
I love this shirt more than any other I own. The only problem is the durability. I'm on my second one and have had numorous holes 1/8" to 1/4" in diameter pop up all over on both. Also, ...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
June 25, 11:43am

Adventure Medical Kits Heatsheets Emergency Bivvy
Rating 4/5 because the construction was under par. They use tape to form the bivy shape from a single piece of material. The tape job was sloppy with some holes in the bottom. Other than that a great ...

In First Aid and Survival Gear & Accessories
December 18, 12:05pm

Gossamer Gear
Thumbs up to GG. They don't make a lot of items, rather a few quality niche packs and other gear. I really like their sourcing of other industry items and presenting them for backpacking, such as the ...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
November 29, 7:38pm

Gossamer Gear G6 Whisper
Initial Review Oct 2006: Out of the box I love it, light as a feather, VERY well made and sized perfect for my intended use. I really like the shape, it's like a slim aerodynamic sled. GG's products a...

In Backpacks - Frameless
October 16, 8:00pm

Backpacking Light Ti Esbit stove
Just got mine in the mail and tinkered with it a bit. Like the previous reviewer, the rivet looks very suspect. I will write more after some use. Drilled the rivet out to remove the pan. The pan we...

In Stoves - Other
August 16, 8:03pm