BPL Community Profile

John Whynot (jdw01776) - BPL Guest

My Locale Southeast Texas
About Me Hiking and backpacking (on and off) since 1976, mainly in the northeastern United States.
CityHouston
StateTX
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John Whynot

Showing 391 - 400 of 557 | Page: 1 ...31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ...56

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: hybrids or hydrides?
Looks like the Rayovacs are equivalent to Sanyo eneloops...

In GEAR » NiZn rechargeable batteries for headlamps and digi cameras?
January 30, 12:54pm

Re: broken zipka
Never repaired one, but the Pezl website has spare parts lists for each of their products...

In GEAR » broken zipka
January 30, 12:40pm

Re: Gerber Sharpener
I'm thinking that a Lansky kit is overkill for a Victorinox Swiss Army Classic. Something like the Gerber would be better...

In GEAR » knife sharpening input needed
January 28, 7:15pm

Re: Help Me Find Air Space!
I have one in bright orange -- when I purchased it from REI there was no choice in colors, and I don't think it was even available in white. I wouldn't be suprised if the picture you show w...

In GEAR » Help Me Find Air Space!
January 28, 11:30am

Re: Acronyms
Eins: EMT = Emergency Medical Technician EMS = Emergency Medical Services

In Editor's Roundtable » Be Prepared, Not Equipped
January 27, 3:06pm

Re: Be Prepared, Not Equipped
Well thought out and expressed. I also like the alien line -- it captures the mindset that thinks more stuff = better prepared...

In Editor's Roundtable » Be Prepared, Not Equipped
January 26, 5:49pm

Re: Re: Re: ACR Subscription Details "I'm OK"
SPOT and PLBs are 2 completely different devices using different technologies. The ACR (and other) PLBs are designed to summon SAR to your location, and must meet fairly stringent international...

In GEAR » spot2 recall program
January 24, 2:31pm

Re: A few more notes about the pack
>>Second, I am developing a smaller size for youth that will be targeted at Scout-aged kids That is a great idea.

In GEAR » BPL Absaroka Pack
January 22, 10:49am

Re: Re: BPL Absaroka Pack
>>I cannot remember the name, nor can I pronounce it. Well, it could be named "Popo Agie", after the Popo Agie Wilderness... Might be a good pack for longer trips with heavy ...

In GEAR » BPL Absaroka Pack
January 21, 9:21pm

Re: Payment sent
PM replied to -- planning on shipping tomorrow.

In Gear Swap » FS -- GG Thinlight Pad
January 20, 7:53pm

All Reader Reviews by John Whynot

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

StickPic camera mount
A clever, well-engineered, and lightweight (0.35 ounces by my scale) gadget for mounting a camera on the tip of a trekking pole. Should work with any compact camera with a tripod socket. Works ver...

In Photography - Hiking & Backpacking Cameras
June 16, 10:55am

BPL Thorofare Trekking Pants
I purchased these as a replacement for my overbuilt Montbell Stretch Windpants. The fabric of the Trekking pants is a microgrid ripstop nylon, with a slightly textured inner surface. Size medium...

In Clothing - Raingear
December 07, 8:31pm