BPL Community Profile

Jeremy Gustafson (gustafsj) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Minneapolis
About Me Grew up family car/boat camping and then Boundary Waters camping starting in my teen years and into upper 20s. Took up backpacking around 30 and in 2006 started having knee problems which quickly put me down the road to lightweight backpacking... the transition is still ongoing and obsessively addictive even though I have pretty much resolved my knee problems.
Cityminneapolis
Statemn
Countryusa
My Website URLhttp://treklightly.blogspot.com
My PDF Gear ListGear List - 3 day - Minus 20F

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jeremy Gustafson

Showing 391 - 400 of 401 | Page: 1 ...22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41

Forum » Thread

good tarp/bivy
Michael, thanks for the offer on making the tarp... I'll pm you and we can discuss offline. I did check into the Cape and talk to Ron at SMD about it. It sounds like I would need to raise i...

In GEAR » spend my money on a good tarp or a good bivy???
June 30, 1:03pm

HH
James, it is the Ultralite Explorer and I found it very comfortable to sleep in except that camping in northern MN one needs the insulation below you pretty much year round. The tarp on it exten...

June 30, 12:46pm

spend my money on a good tarp or a good bivy???
I've never done the tarp/bivy camping thing and having limited resources, I'm trying to decide if I spend my money on a good quality tarp and make a bivy out of tyvek or do I get a cheap si...

June 30, 11:58am

FS: Hennessy Hammock Ultralight Explorer - Priced Reduced
I'm reducing the price on this to $185. Price includes shipping CONUS and snakeskins. It weighs 2 lbs 7 oz and is good for people over 6'-0" (i'm 6-4) and up to 250 lbs.

In Gear Swap » FS: Hennessy Hammock Ultralight Explorer
June 30, 7:19am

FS: Hennessy Hammock Ultralight Explorer
HH Ultralight Explorer (MSRP $219) plus Snakeskins (MSRP $20); Will sell for $195 including UPS CONUS shipping... you buy insurance if you want. Used only twice, so almost new condition... I pur...

In Gear Swap » FS: Hennessy Hammock Ultralight Explorer
June 27, 6:24am

Gatewood Cape
Brett, did you try the Gatewood Cape?? Because it's enclosed, it seems it would not have the same issues as a regular tarp in regards to being too short... Thanks, Jeremy

In GEAR » MLD Poncho/Tarp or SMD Gatewood Cape??
June 26, 7:18am

MLD Poncho/Tarp or SMD Gatewood Cape??
I am racking my brain on deciding which of these would be a better option for me... I have a HH Ultralight Explorer that I will probably be selling as camping in MN tends to be mostly "co...

In GEAR » MLD Poncho/Tarp or SMD Gatewood Cape??
June 25, 12:33pm

tall sizes
I'm 6'4" 185 lbs and use a Mountain Hardware Quark Rain Jacket that is less than 10 oz. It is plenty long in the sleeves (I have 36-37 length) and the torso. In other areas, I fo...

In GEAR » help sizing for tall/skinny people
June 25, 12:04pm

Pre-mix Aqua Mira into dropper bottle???
Has anyone tried to pre-mix the aqua-mira A & B and put into a mini-drop bottle?? Similar to using the Klearwater except you only mix what you need for your trip. The Klearwater has such a sh...

In GEAR » lightest technique to improve water taste?
June 16, 9:58am

All Season Outdoor Blanket - Reflective
Major Surplus & Survival has them for pretty reasonable. It has grommets built into it and is 90% reflective. I think this fits what you are looking for... http://www.majorsurplus.com/Al...

In GEAR » Sun shade tarp
June 12, 2:09pm

All Reader Reviews by Jeremy Gustafson

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Mountain Hardware Quark Rain Jacket
From REI Website: * The Quark is made from Incite™ printed nylon tricot with a Conduit™ waterproof, breathable 2.5-layer laminate * zWeld™ construction eliminates stitching and taping, which reduces...

In Clothing - Raingear
June 06, 10:45am