BPL Community Profile

Kenneth Jacobs (f8less) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Midwest
About Me "There is something to a hard days work being rewarded with the same thing that posed the challenge."
CityDes Plaines
StateIL
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListLuxurious 19.65lbs Base Pack Weight

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Kenneth Jacobs

Showing 391 - 400 of 565 | Page: 1 ...31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ...57

Forum » Thread

:O(
I will not be able to make it out to the GGG this year, but look forward to getting to meet some of you next year. Sounds like it will be a great time. Hope everyone has a blast. KJ

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Midwest GGG this fall
October 16, 10:23am

Indicator Users
Jamey Glad you're happy with the kit. How do you/have you chosen to use apply/use your indicators? Everyone else that bought a kit, what do you think of it? Was it what you expected it ...

In Gear Deals » SuperUltralight Temperature Indicators for Outdoor and Body Temperature/Fever Indication
October 16, 10:19am

GG eVent Cuben Dry Sacks
Don't know if these were mentioned yet, but all sizes are under 0.75oz. http://www.rei.com/product/830726/granite-gear-event-uberlight-drysack HTH KJ

In GEAR » Best Truly Waterproof lightweight Dry Bags (relatively durable)--Sea to Summit Lightweight Drysacks?
October 14, 9:54pm

GGG's
So what are the requirements to get in on a GGG? I'm in NE Illinois and Beaver Creek Valley is about 5 1/2 hours away. I take it this is a "check out everybody's gear and get to kn...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Midwest GGG this fall
October 13, 7:05pm

Re: My Cup
Roy "the Snow Peak lid is one of the worst pieces of crap I ever bought." I have the same issue with their lid (the seal in particular) and my SP Ti-Double H450 Stacking Mug. What ...

In GEAR » Lightweight Coffee Cup Recommendations Please
October 12, 12:44pm

Hanging
Perhaps the best solution would be a windscreen that hangs off of your pot? Like a Caldera Cone, except 4 tabs that folder over the lips of the pot and it hangs down just below the burner. Add a ...

In GEAR » Help - windscreen for Kovea Supalite
October 11, 7:50pm

FeatherLite QS or ClikStand
I use either my Ti Appalachian Combo Clikstand w/ Trangia burner or my own wickitized double-wall pop can stove (I've dubbed the FeatherLite QS...blooms in 12-14 seconds) in combo with a Vargo ...

In GEAR » Alcohol Stoves: What do you use?
October 10, 4:17pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Missing items?
Joe Thanks for the tips on the Ice Age Trail. I'm headed down to Shawnee Nat. Forest the weekend of the 20th. Sounds like something you'd want to join in on? I plan on doing a lot mor...

In Gear Lists » Looking to go lighter still
October 10, 1:31pm

:O(
This is where I bought mine about a month and a half back, but they're saying "Out of stock" also. These are seeming to sell out quite fast after coming back into stock: http://ww...

In GEAR » Can anyone find the Evernew 2L bottle?
October 06, 7:26pm

Prodigy 45* Has Arrived
My Prodigy 45* quilt has arrived and I am loving the Aspen Green/Charcoal! Weighs in at a scant 13.3oz w/o the removable cords and seems plenty warm (wrapped in it in our 47F weather while letting...

In Gear Deals » enLIGHTened equipment quilts in stock and ready to go
October 06, 7:19pm

All Reader Reviews by Kenneth Jacobs

Kenneth Jacobs has posted no reviews.